Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:50:42 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Non-hardcore X/NC-17/No One Under 17/18 films! Posters/clips/memories/etc. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Non-hardcore X/NC-17/No One Under 17/18 films! Posters/clips/memories/etc.  (Read 4458 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: April 04, 2018, 03:09:48 AM »

Hey gang!
Can't remember if I'd done this kind of topic before but I find it interesting.
What NON-HARDCORE films (which are often given the connotation of "X", but should be "XXX" to avoid confusion), that may be softcore or extreme gory horror, and are given the rating of X or NC-17 or have a blurb reading something like "NO ONE UNDER 17 (or maybe 18) ADMITTED" (and NOT adding "without parent or guardian) or "THERE IS NO EXPLICIT SEX IN THIS PICTURE.  HOWEVER, THERE ARE SCENES OF VIOLENCE WHICH MAY BE CONSIDERED SHOCKING.  NO ONE UNDER 17/18 WILL BE ADMITTED", would you like to contribute?  Post videos (if people can see them; I cannot), movie posters, or perhaps just memories of the films and if you've seen them.

I'll start with:

NIGHTMARE aka NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN (1981)
This low-budget but incredibly gory (at times) horror flick shot in New York focuses on a young boy who commits brutal matricide, and grows up to have an even less tenuous grip on his murderous urges.  Poor acting and low-budget limitations hamper this flick but gorehounds will drool over the nasty double murder the boy commits, dispatching his mom and her lover with an axe.  Other gory murders occur in the film but that one is definitely a wow!
Unrated, but slapped with the "No One Under 17 Will Be Admitted" label.

Tom Savini was credited with the special effects, but he did not really create them.  He was on set to give advice, however.
You're up, folks!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 05:25:57 AM »

In South Africa - the worst place for censorship prior to the 1994 democratic elections - Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket was slapped with a No Persons 2 to 21 age restriction.

Fair enough, until you realize that under SA's conscription laws of the time, men as young as 16 were being drafted into the army. They could go off to war but God forbid that a 16 year old would want to see an age-restricted film!  Buggedout

Forgot to add that the film's rating is now 16LV [language and violence].  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:29:59 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »

I remember seeing this in a small theater in downtown Boston. There was a guy sitting behind us and every time something gory happened on the screen, he'd say, "Damn!" But he'd draw it out like this: "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!"

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
retrorussell

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 10:36:41 PM »

^I was initially hoping for a "No One Under 17" or X or NC-17 on that poster but "Banned in X amount countries" works for me too!  Gruesome flick but the worst is the animal killings.  I watched that movie while eating pizza.  Didn't keep me from finishing.  TeddyR

I like some Fulci flicks but this one was not very good IMHO:
THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (1981)
A kid and his folks move into a house inhabited by a really old bloodthirsty killer in the basement.  The US trailer was narrated by Brother Theodore, known for his work on THE HOBBIT animated special as Gollum!
No One Under 17 Will Be Admitted, for extreme gore.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:34:23 PM by retrorussell » Logged

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 07:44:18 AM »

When Evil Dead 2 Dead By Dawn was released on VHS here, the slipsheet had the logo EXTREME HORROR on it.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »

Only NC-17 movie I can remember seeing is Showgirls.

It can only be appreciated as a bad movie.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 09:18:08 AM »

I went to see HENRY & JUNE in 1990 specifically because it was the first NC-17 rated film. Terrible movie.  Thumbdown

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »

not surprised this one has the warning.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
retrorussell

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 08:06:43 PM »

I own this curio:
I DRINK YOUR BLOOD (1970)
Initially rated X for extreme violence.
Weirdo Satan-worshiping cult terrorizes a family.  The youngest extracts rabies-infected blood from a dead dog and injects it into meat pies, which are given to the cult members.  A rabies epidemic spreads, turning its victims crazed, murderous and frothing at the mouth!  So dippy it's mesmerizing. 

Mrs. Callingham
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 01:04:04 PM »

re: Pieces.

I saw this film for the first time yesterday. Not surprised by the rating either. I thought it was a decent film, though, considering I didn't go into with very high expectations.
retrorussell

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 01:39:06 PM »

ZOMBIE/ZOMBI II/ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS (1979)
Fulci classic of gut-munching undead making their way from a Mediterranean island to New York.  Eyes gouged, throats ripped, and other yummy bodily harm make this an instant classic.  Slapped with the THERE IS NO EXPLICIT SEX IN THIS PICTURE.  HOWEVER, THERE ARE SCENES WHICH MAY BE CONSIDERED SHOCKING.  NO ONE UNDER 17 WILL BE ADMITTED. label.  I remember seeing the ads for this in the paper.

claws
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 02:28:19 PM »

^I was initially hoping for a "No One Under 17" or X or NC-17 on that poster but "Banned in X amount countries" works for me too!  Gruesome flick but the worst is the animal killings.  I watched that movie while eating pizza.  Didn't keep me from finishing.  TeddyR

I like some Fulci flicks but this one was not very good IMHO:
THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (1981)
A kid and his folks move into a house inhabited by a really old bloodthirsty killer in the basement.  The US trailer was narrated by Brother Theodore, known for his work on THE HOBBIT animated special as Gollum!
No One Under 17 Will Be Admitted, for extreme gore.

The original Vestron Video VHS release had an R rating but it is said it was still the original theatrical version. I wonder if the R was a misprint.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 05:33:26 PM »

re: Pieces.

I saw this film for the first time yesterday. Not surprised by the rating either. I thought it was a decent film, though, considering I didn't go into with very high expectations.

as 80s slashers go it's up there... very gruesome gore, a few wtf moments, and some laughs... an elaborate box set version came out recently which I really wanted but was too pricey for me...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
AoTFan

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »

ZOMBIE/ZOMBI II/ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS (1979)
Fulci classic of gut-munching undead making their way from a Mediterranean island to New York.  Eyes gouged, throats ripped, and other yummy bodily harm make this an instant classic.  Slapped with the THERE IS NO EXPLICIT SEX IN THIS PICTURE.  HOWEVER, THERE ARE SCENES WHICH MAY BE CONSIDERED SHOCKING.  NO ONE UNDER 17 WILL BE ADMITTED. label.  I remember seeing the ads for this in the paper.

I was inspired to add googly eyes to the pic!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »

I'm 34 or so.

In my lifetime, the only film in theaters I recall being NC-17 was Showgirls.  And, that came out when I was around 11.  And, being a Saved by The Bell fan, when I finally saw the film, I was like "Oh, no, Jessie Spano, what are you doing?" BounceGiggle Buggedout

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Non-hardcore X/NC-17/No One Under 17/18 films! Posters/clips/memories/etc. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.