Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:24:29 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  NOSFERATU (1979) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NOSFERATU (1979)  (Read 2865 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 06, 2018, 04:40:57 AM »

Having resisted watching this just because I love the 1922 version so much, and remaking it seemed blasphemous, I broke down and gave it a try just because I love Herzog and Kinski so much.
Well, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it! The photography was beautiful, and the spread of the Plaque with Dracula's arrival in London was a nice touch. Kinski was certainly scary looking, and Roland Topor as Renfield seemed to be Dwight Frye inspired.
The only problem I had was the dialogue given to Isabelle Adjani which was forced and silly. And Harker's seeming stupidity at not freaking out the second he laid eyes on Dracula (I mean, c'mon-the guy has fangs!) Of course- it's a fantasy/horror film, and it IS Herzog.
A great film-and highly recommended!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
beat_truck
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 04:58:34 PM »

I like both versions as well.  I still have my VHS copy of the '79 version that I bought in the late '90s.

Did you know that there was a sequel?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091651/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

It also has some beautiful photography, but the story is a mess.  Definitely classifies as a bad movie.  The whole movie appears to be on youtube.  View that one at your own risk. TeddyR
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:18:30 PM »

I have the Popul Vuh soundtack, one of my favorite bands. I haven't seen the film yet
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 08:07:25 PM »

I like both versions as well.  I still have my VHS copy of the '79 version that I bought in the late '90s.

Did you know that there was a sequel?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091651/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

It also has some beautiful photography, but the story is a mess.  Definitely classifies as a bad movie.  The whole movie appears to be on youtube.  View that one at your own risk. TeddyR

Yeah. I heard that Kinski refused to wear the make-up. Good actor- but whatta dick.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »

okay, i'm gonna trust y'all and see if i can find it. i love the original.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »

If you like Nosferatu in any form you owe it to yourself to see 'Shadow of the vampire'.  You'll be glad you did.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 01:37:56 PM »

i've seen it. it was pretty good, but it's on the b list for owning it.  can't find the 1979 version on netflix, unfortunately.
beat_truck
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »

i've seen it. it was pretty good, but it's on the b list for owning it.  can't find the 1979 version on netflix, unfortunately.
The 1979 version is on youtube, as is the 1922 version.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »

It's on Tubi, if you have that.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 04:40:24 PM »

If you like Nosferatu in any form you owe it to yourself to see 'Shadow of the vampire'.  You'll be glad you did.

I've seen it. It's interesting. I like that Max Schrek gets drunk.  Drink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 05:34:40 PM »

thanks guys! i'll try to catch it over the weekend. prom/graduation/wedding season is upon me, but i'll try to pop in when i can.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  NOSFERATU (1979) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.