Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:33:56 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  In need of your thoughts and support « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: In need of your thoughts and support  (Read 7177 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: April 06, 2018, 07:38:06 AM »

I have been diagnosed as clinically depressed: my mentor at work - trained as a psychologist - recognized signs that I've unknowingly been exhibiting for a while now and she recommended I go see my doctor on Monday to seek help.

I don't need alcohol or pills or any substance to help me through this: your words of support and encouragement are much of what I need. I will be going to my doctor on Monday: I shudder to think what I might have to hear and the meds that I might have to take: where I come from, reverting to pills to cope with life is a sign of weakness and I am not a weak person.

I need some good vibes, please, guys.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:40:21 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »

I overcame moderate to severe depression through using medication and I don't regret it at all or feel weak. Therapy helped as well, but I credit the medicine for most of the cure. A lifestyle change helped as well---embarking on a project I loved that gave me a meaningful reason to wake up in the morning, exercising and losing weight and getting into good physical shape.

See the problem, face it head on, and defeat it using the most efficient weapon at your disposal (which may or may not be medicine) and you'll be a strong man.

You definitely can overcome this. Success rates using current methods are about 80%.

Best wishes. You need more you can imbox me.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 09:43:21 AM »

I overcame moderate to severe depression through using medication and I don't regret it at all or feel weak. Therapy helped as well, but I credit the medicine for most of the cure. A lifestyle change helped as well---embarking on a project I loved that gave me a meaningful reason to wake up in the morning, exercising and losing weight and getting into good physical shape.

See the problem, face it head on, and defeat it using the most efficient weapon at your disposal (which may or may not be medicine) and you'll be a strong man.

You definitely can overcome this. Success rates using current methods are about 80%.

Best wishes.

You need more you can imbox me.

Thanks Rev  Smile

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 11:30:22 AM »

Looking at coming off anti-depressents in the next few months for depression and anxiety, but even if you go on them, they only do about 20% of the work. For me what helped me get out of it was deciding to change some things about my life, so I started up a D&D group to force myself to interact with people, got a pet cat (which Kristi thinks is the thing that made the biggest improvement in me) as well as a few other things. I've also been doing a Mindfulness course online (called Be Mindful). If that is something that possibly interests you I can send you a link.

You'll have good days and bad days my friend, but you can get through this and you will see a difference in yourself. Just find what works for you to get you feeling yourself again.

And if you ever just need someone to chat to, feel free to PM me and we can sort out a Skype chat or something.

Big manly *hugs*

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 12:44:54 PM »

Looking at coming off anti-depressents in the next few months for depression and anxiety, but even if you go on them, they only do about 20% of the work. For me what helped me get out of it was deciding to change some things about my life, so I started up a D&D group to force myself to interact with people, got a pet cat (which Kristi thinks is the thing that made the biggest improvement in me) as well as a few other things. I've also been doing a Mindfulness course online (called Be Mindful). If that is something that possibly interests you I can send you a link.

You'll have good days and bad days my friend, but you can get through this and you will see a difference in yourself. Just find what works for you to get you feeling yourself again.

And if you ever just need someone to chat to, feel free to PM me and we can sort out a Skype chat or something.

Big manly *hugs*

I think after reading those kind words your name should be Light Alex instead of Dark: thanks.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 01:37:54 PM »

I self medicate- so your best bet is to listen to the Rev and Alex. Reading helps me-and lotsa 3 Stooges!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »

I self medicate- so your best bet is to listen to the Rev and Alex. Reading helps me-and lotsa 3 Stooges!

Thanks, Brother Ronny  Smile

Pacman000
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 01:57:09 PM »

I don't have many words of encouragement, Trevor. I will try to pray for you.

You're nice, & film archiving is an important job. Peace to you. Hope you get better.
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »

first let me say that taking meds for ANYTHING that is a medical issue doesn't make you weak, ever. neither does seeing a doctor. i came very close to death because i thought i could handle the pain i was in without either. please don't do that to yourself, my friend.
   and don't stress too much about this, because your mentor COULD be wrong,  and frankly, you should get a diagnosis from someone much more objective. this could be the same type of depression my sister and brother have, it's a chemical imbalance in their brains, and meds daily mean they are both fine now. and they know better than to stop taking them, because this is a PHYSICAL issue for them. it may be  for you too.
    one way or the other, see what your actual doctor has to say. and know that you are loved, and we will  always be here for you. we're family, right? Smile
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 09:01:36 PM »

Keep your mind active on more pleasant things, any way you can.

I sometimes wonder what depression would be like for me, or how it could happen.  I like to believe it isn't happening to me because I have positive things going on in my brain, or things I enjoy thinking of, when I'm at work.  When I get home I make darn certain I have time to do the things that relax me (internet, watching a movie, making a YouTube video, etc.).

Stay strong, Brother Trev!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 11:35:31 PM »

I can't add much to what the others have said.
Love yourself, love God, love others.  If your physician says meds will help, be willing to try them.
And remember, there is much beauty in this world still.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 01:19:10 PM »

I don't need alcohol or pills or any substance to help me through this: your words of support and encouragement are much of what I need. I will be going to my doctor on Monday: I shudder to think what I might have to hear and the meds that I might have to take: where I come from, reverting to pills to cope with life is a sign of weakness and I am not a weak person.

I need some good vibes, please, guys.  Bluesad
You do what you've got to do to make it, man.  Doing something you know you don't like is more of a sign of strength than not having to do anything at all. 

Take care of yourself. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »

I'm Bipolar 2, which is the 'lesser severe' of the two bipolars.  Main difference is I have less 'up' phases and more depressive phases.  Also on top of that, anxiety, so some days I'm capable solely of lying in bed crying.  I've haven't really gotten it tackled yet, but may be seeing some people soon.  Medication should help, talking to friends, finding things to do that make ya happy. 

It can be a deep dark place, but you shouldn't be in there alone.  If you need to talk, I'm here.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 08:19:40 PM »

Trevor, please let me know if I can help you in any way.

Stay strong, my pal!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 01:14:21 PM »

We all love you. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  In need of your thoughts and support « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.