Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:48:07 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Lost in space returns. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lost in space returns.  (Read 4435 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 12, 2018, 11:28:56 PM »

Awaiting the first new ep of netflix' lost in space reboot.  I have some hope for it as some of the themes hinted at have potential.

Meantime,  does this pic from the original  make Dr.  Smith look a lot less sinister and menacing than professor Robinson?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
feiyen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:15:40 AM »

Trailer caught my eye and the premise don't seem so bad but ill await judgment till I see the first episode as well, also on that note. What would you think of instead of rebooting an older series it continued where it left off?  With the set and everything else being the same. (Probably need new actors still since most have aged)

Me and my partners comics
http://www.eyeshock.com
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:24:39 PM »

(Probably need new actors still since most have aged)

Or dead.
Johnathon Harris and Guy WIlliams are dead.

Billy Mumy is 64.
Angela Cartwright is 66.
Mara Kristian is 73.
Mark Goddard is 82. and June Lockheart is 92!

Robot is ageless! (except for the voice was done by Dick Tufeld,who died in 2012. He also did the Robot voice in the movie reboot!)

Gawd that makes me feel old! I usta watch that show alla time back in the 60's!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pacman000
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 01:40:47 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation with a new cast. Somehow, I think that would be harder than a remake.

Do you know what I'd really like to see? Billy Mummy wrote a script for a series conclusion in the late 70's; I'd like to see that get filmed. There was read through on the Lost in Space BluRay set, & I thought it was good.
Bushma

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 04:42:00 PM »

Yeah, I'll give it my usual three episode chance before I make a decision. Looks like it could have promise though.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation with a new cast. Somehow, I think that would be harder than a remake.

Do you know what I'd really like to see? Billy Mummy wrote a script for a series conclusion in the late 70's; I'd like to see that get filmed. There was read through on the Lost in Space BluRay set, & I thought it was good.

Only if it has ROBOT. I mean- the original LIS Robot. The interaction between Robot,Dr.Smith and Will were the only good things about that show. Bring back Blly Mumy as Dr.Smith, and the original  Robot. Put in Bruce Cambell and Traci Lords-f**k yeah.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:07:29 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Bushma

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »

So far, I'm half way through this series and I'm not impressed. They managed to screw up every character. I have no clue where this is going. I'll finish out the season in hopes it gets better.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 12:34:17 AM »

I mostly like the new characters,  but the robot's behaviour seems inexplicable barring brain damage. I find the new Dr.  Smith a wonderful change from the annoying original.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 04:30:18 PM »

A lot of people are asking why the colonists in the rebooted 'lost in space' had no weapons. Naturally some people called it 'liberalism' and said it's a show about 'libtards in space'.

Actually I think sending the colonists out unarmed is due to another reason.

They're supposed to be the first wave of colonists, so they're skilled, productive, capable people meant to be the servants of the 1%. They were sent first to set up a society to serve and support the parasitic 1%.

Once they had done the hard, dangerous work of establishing a safe, secure, comfortable society then the 1% and their thugs, the military, police, etc, would move in to establish their kleptocratic plutocracy , and you can bet they'd be armed to the teeth. It'd basically be modern corporate oligarchy dominated 'murca with a disarmed servant class as a beginning feature.

dean

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »

A lot of people are asking why the colonists in the rebooted 'lost in space' had no weapons. Naturally some people called it 'liberalism' and said it's a show about 'libtards in space'.

Actually I think sending the colonists out unarmed is due to another reason.

They're supposed to be the first wave of colonists, so they're skilled, productive, capable people meant to be the servants of the 1%. They were sent first to set up a society to serve and support the parasitic 1%.

Once they had done the hard, dangerous work of establishing a safe, secure, comfortable society then the 1% and their thugs, the military, police, etc, would move in to establish their kleptocratic plutocracy , and you can bet they'd be armed to the teeth. It'd basically be modern corporate oligarchy dominated 'murca with a disarmed servant class as a beginning feature.

Sounds like a bit of a stretch on that one, but I've only watched two episodes.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 08:43:03 PM »

As far as no weapons-I think the reason is far simpler. Who needs weapons in space? I mean-we never sent the Apollo astronauts out with guns. The may have not considered them finding hostile alien life-or any life.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
feiyen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 12:57:18 AM »

Really? I was thinking more like someone on the ship goes nuts and shoots a hole in the hull...although that may be a stretch as well assuming the ship is not easy to destroy.

Me and my partners comics
http://www.eyeshock.com
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Lost in space returns. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.