Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:01:14 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Avengers: Infinity War « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War  (Read 10832 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2018, 07:16:21 PM »

Even having read this thread, I was surprised by the movie's brutal disposal of so many well-loved characters.
Did George R.R. Martin write the screenplay?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »

Even having read this thread, I was surprised by the movie's brutal disposal of so many well-loved characters.
Did George R.R. Martin write the screenplay?
This. 

But since Rocket and Nebula are still around, and the impending arrival of Captain Marvel, I assume they get the gauntlet and revive some people.  How many? I don't know.  I feel Vision, Loki, Heimdall and Gamora stay dead.

I can also see, possibly, the 'original' Avengers maybe sacrificing themselves for other characters.  Like, Stark sacrificing himself for Parker, Cap for Bucky, etc.  So the 'main' Avengers are gone but we get the "New Avengers", etc.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »

Even, if I have yet to see it.  The 1st 10-year cycle ends not with a whimper, but with a bang. So I still have time to see it.

The film has the biggest opening in Hollywood history.
Domestic box office $257 million (40%)
International box office $383 million (60%)
Total $640 million

Now the film is earning so much money so fast, that I can't keep up with how much money it is earning.

The business of business is my business.

And while we know what is coming up in the Marvel Universe for next several years, I am taking it up year by year.

It is not the only film associated with Marvel that we'll see this year.

A new Dead pool film and the 1st Venom film. Neither one of which I am interested in seeing, and 2 films which I am interested in seeing.

Spider-man
Though, it is from Sony Columbia, and seems to be operating in an alternate universe.

And Ant-man and Wasp
Which has gotten some positive buzz recently. Maybe because it is so diametrically opposed to Avengers : Infinity War.

Then 2019
While it is still untitled, the 2nd half of Avengers : Infinity War.

And Captain Marvel, of which I believe the 1st look trailer is already out there.

And a couple of events coming in 2019, which should tell us more about the future of the Marvel Universe.

1st. The marriage of the Fox and the Mouse should be finalized by the summer of 2019. So what about the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. Though, since they are some of my least favorite Marvel characters, if I see no more X-Men and Fantastic 4 films, I won't be too upset.

2nd. D23 has its biannual convention, and Marvel will be part of that with what is upcoming in films, in the theme parks, and on TV.

By the next time I post, I should have seen it, so I'll post my comments on it.

And 1 final question. Okay? Who dressed up in costume, when they went to see it?
Archivist

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2018, 07:56:01 PM »

Thanks to @Zapranoth, I bought the two Guardians movies and watched them back to back on Saturday night.  I can't believe I waited for so long to watch these darn things, they are great!  And Infinity War would have made way less sense had I not seen them.  So, thank you, Zap!

This movie was really, really impressive.  I was wondering how they were going to give the characters enough screen time for them to have emotional impact and not just a token appearance, but they managed this really well.

Despite being something of a Marvel fan, I haven't read any of the comics involving Thanos, so I don't know how close to the source they wrote the film.  But his character was portrayed in an empathetic way, and the ending was like WTF JUST HAPPENED??

The Guardians got so much screen time that Infinity War was almost like Guardians Vol 3, with crossovers.  Bringing the humour of Guardians into the mix was a good ploy.

What really impresses me is how Marvel Studios have managed to maintain a coherent progression of movies, introducing characters, and maintaining a consistent look and feel that helps give the sense of a complete 'world'.  Each movie in the MCU is like watching the next installment of a sweeping epic.  And how many studios have been able to create 18 movies, all taking place within the same universe, in ten years?  Marvel Studios' accomplishment in this regard is unprecedented, I think.

Also impressive is how many lead actors have stayed in this ten year course.  Robert Downey Jnr and Scarlett Johansson have played major roles in many of these movies, acting as the foundational thread that holds everything together.  Hats off to these actors, too.

I've read that Marvel is deliberately keeping quiet about upcoming movies because they don't want to give away which characters are returning, and which are not.  Good call.  Keep us guessing!

In upcoming months, I'm going to watch all the MCU movies again in chronological order.  It's going to be amazing.  Thank you, Marvel Studios.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 12:22:37 AM »

I just wonder if ghost rider could have stopped thanos with his pennance stare?

https://youtu.be/-fvfHqNEmGU?list=RD-fvfHqNEmGU

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 03:11:35 AM »

There is a Marvel comic set in the far future where Thanos has won and killed most life in the galaxy. He has kept The Hulk as a pet and Ghostrider pretty much serves as his butler. Every morning he gets him to do a penance stare on him as he finds it a refreshing way to start the day.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2018, 03:18:05 PM »

first let me say that i LOVE the gaurdians movies. and next i should say i don't think i've seen any other marvel movies except deadpool, so i'm clueless about the whole avengers saga.
   i think i will need to wait until y'all see infinity wars part 2 and review it before i watch this first one, i'm having a tough time dealing with gamora dying.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »

You are tearing me apart, Thanos!

Original

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2018, 10:15:22 PM »

Tomorrow I am taking a bag of brown sugar to school with me and labeling it:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Action Figure!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 06:41:59 AM »

Tomorrow I am taking a bag of brown sugar to school with me and labeling it:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Action Figure!

That reminds me. I'm going as Spider-Man for Halloween this year.
How does my costume look?

clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »

I think they did a great job of actually making Thanos sympathetic ....

I keep seeing folks state this, but I just don't follow. What is sympathetic about half-assed genocide (no matter the reasoning behind it). Surely, it's a different motive than most Marvel villains, yes, but sympathetic? I guess I'll have to beg to differ on that.

I can't sympathize with a short-sighted plan that really doesn't solve anything. So he cried and was hurt when he killed his kidnap victim, BFD. I think most people mean "complex" more than "sympathetic" *shrugs*

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »

Avengers : Infinity War

I finally saw it Sunday.

The story goes, that one day when an extra failed to show up, Hitchcock took his place. He liked it so much, he started appearing in more of his films. The problem was that when audiences started realizing Hitchcock was appearing in his films, they started watching for his appearance and ignoring the rest of the film. So, to prevent this, Hitchcock continuing appearing in his films, but at the start of the film. They'll have to do this with Stan Lee's appearances, which, as in this case, always leave me in hysterics.

One film truism is proved in this film. The greater the villain. The greater the heroes. Thanos may not be the greatest villain ever seen in a film, but he has to be one of the greatest villains ever seen in a film, which only makes the heroes even greater. Thanos is certainly a better villain here, then he is in the comic books.

Which leads to the biggest surprise for me. How good the acting was across the board in this film.

Sometimes he is wrong. Sometimes he is right. Here he was right. The scenes in Wakanda have to be included in The 10 Best Charges Ever Seen in the Film.

There were only 2 things that bothered me.
1st. Frankly, the only reference to Christianity did not seem to fit in the film.

2nd. One and done. Again frankly, I think everything could have been wrapped up in this one film.

If audiences are like the one I saw the film with, they have finally learned that a Marvel film does not end with the beginning of the credits.

And one personal truism is proved by this film. I can't get out of a film without spending almost $20.00 on both the ticket and snacks during the film.

Sometimes again I am right. And sometimes I am wrong. I was wrong about Venom. While he is a Marvel character, his upcoming film from Sony Columbia will not be part of the Marvel Universe.

Avengers : Infinity War is the fastest film ever to cross the $1 billion mark at the box office.

And just as Lucas Film Ltd. has given us both episodic films and stand alone films, Marvel has said there will be stand alone films from them as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Avengers: Infinity War « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.