Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:24:46 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Avengers: Infinity War « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War  (Read 10874 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: April 18, 2018, 09:29:16 PM »

We're about 9 days out from the culmination of 10 years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  I grew up a Marvel fan, not so much a DC fan.  This is all I've lived for.  And both trailers look glorious.

Small | Large

Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »

Me and the missus have our tickets pre-booked to the midnight screening in our area. there are 2 local cinemas both offering 3 midnight screenings (One 3-D and two 2-D) and one of them has sold out and the other has sold out 2 of the 3 screenings and the 3rd ones almost sold out. Its absolutely mental. That being said I can honestly say im absolutely looking forward to this one :) i've been watching them in the cinema since Age of Ultron (I wasnt entirely convinced by the fans telling me how good the first wave of marvel films were until about "Thor the Dark world" came out. then me and my partner pretty much marathoned everything to bring us up to date)

Its been overall a bit of a patchy road truthfully to get here but when its been on a high its been incredible and at worst they've just been a bit forgettable.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 09:25:53 PM »

I'm hoping it dies at the box office. I'm just so xxxdamn sick and tired of hearing g about one xxxdamn super her or movie after another.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Archivist

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 07:47:58 AM »

Yeah, this gonna be good.  The steady and remarkable success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been amazing to see.  The huge success of Iron Man began something that could not be stopped.  They've had top notch writers, directors, actors and characters, and despite some hiccups, the hype for the new Avengers movie couldn't be bigger.

Infinity War opens tomorrow in Australia for some weird reason.  It falls on ANZAC Day, which is a day of remembrance for the Australian and New Zealand soldiers who fought in the early 20th century wars.  It's always a sombre day of thought and recognition, and it's weird that it's opening on a Wednesday here, not a Thursday like movies usually do.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/22/avengers-infinity-war-australian-anzac-day-controversy/

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 08:59:02 AM »

Looking forward to it too, even when a Marvel film hasn't been great it is at least still decent and enjoyable.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »

I've never seen a "bad" Marvel film since they've taken over that side of things.

Obviously, prior films are bad but since they acquired Iron Man and started this, it's all been gravy.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 11:51:59 PM »

No spoilers.

Watched the show tonight.   I thought it rocked, rocked, rocked.   It delivered what it was supposed to..  it's a crossover, so lots of characters and action happening, but there was good time for some of the characters (not all) to have their moments.  It made Thanos a much more interesting villain than the caricature he is in the original comic series.     Tied in well with the prior movies, logically extending the action and what had been set before.   5/5 from a Marvel fanboy admittedly.    Part 2 in postproduction I think, cannot wait.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 07:28:10 AM »

Why is Groot not on the poster?  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 07:53:24 AM »

Well, Groot actually died in the first Guardians movie. The guy in the second film is effectively his son. Or possibly daughter. Or whatever.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »

My son Eddie, who has a car, is gonna take me to it when it hits the Strand in Paw Paw. (kids are a good thing.)
the Strand is a tiny movie theater built in 1927- it takes a little time for new movies to get there. But I would rather see a movie at the Strand then anywhere else. I been watching movies there since 1970. And it only cost $1.50 on Thursday! f**k them multiplex joints!
And it's got a balcony!  Thumbup

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 09:16:14 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 12:00:43 PM »

This is a movie you need to see soon in theaters.  Seeing it in a crowded theater with a bunch of other fans was a big part of the fun. Especially during that ending sequence. (To say this movie ends on a cliffhanger is a HUGE understatement.)

I was also surprised by that one character showing up when Thanos went for one of the Infinity Stones -those who seen the movie know what I'm talking about. 

Honestly, after Part II is over, if the MCU decided to end totally, it still would be all worth it. Really enjoyed the film.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 12:04:46 PM »

Why is Groot not on the poster?  Question

Probably not enough space or, possibly not much screen time in the film proper.

Archivist

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 10:30:21 PM »

Question: do I need to see Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 before Avengers Infinity War?  I've seen every other MCU movie except them.

Should I binge watch the last five movies or so in order to get a fuller experience of Avengers?  I did this with the Batman trilogy and it was so worth it, I felt like I'd been on a complete journey with all of them.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 11:07:09 PM »

YES, you need to watch both Guardians of the Galaxy movies first.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 01:21:35 AM »

With a record breaking opening weekend, I guess the Marvel movie juggernaught is going to keep on rolling a good while longer.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Avengers: Infinity War « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.