Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:51:28 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you retain from childhood « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Things you retain from childhood  (Read 3263 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: April 21, 2018, 03:32:48 PM »

I don't mean physical things...I mean hobbies or interests.

I still love old horror films I have since-dam...1967! When I saw FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN on TV at the age of 5!
 I still love the outdoors. I don't camp. Never have. I slept outside when I was homeless-f**k that. But I still like walking around in the woods. I usta hunt in the 80's-but I gave that up. f**k all that. I still love to fish when I get the chance.
Books. I was a book reader and collector. Even as a kid. I love books. Still do.

So...like ...you guys?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 03:45:54 PM »

I still love comic books, cheesy horror flicks, and obnoxious heavy metal music just as much as I did when I was a kiddo.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 03:56:58 PM »

I still love comic books, cheesy horror flicks, and obnoxious heavy metal music just as much as I did when I was a kiddo.

I love comic books too-not the new ones-just re-reading the old ones. Same with loud,obnoxious music. I went from Black Sabbath to the Bad Brains to NWA to Slayer-and beyond! Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »

When I was five years old, I found my first arrowhead in a sandpile in my neighbors front yard.  I still collect them today.
I have also been fascinated by snakes since I was a little boy, and I have three of them as classroom pets now.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 07:43:33 PM »

I have also been fascinated by snakes since I was a little boy, and I have three of them as classroom pets now.

Oh yeah! Hail Satan!  hot

(Kidding! I kid!) 

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »

Whenever somebody tells me that snakes are of the devil, I refer them to John 3:15, where the snake is  used to represent Christ!   TeddyR BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 09:40:13 PM »

A tradtion since my early teens has been watching horror movies on Halloween with my sister. It's probably nothing out of the ordinary, but we still do as adults to this day. If for some reason we can't make it on Halloween we'll do our movie marathon a few days earlier or later.

Other than that there isn't much I retain from childhood. I think it is just naturally to let go of things we did as a child. That said, I know quite a few grown men who still eat their favorite childhood breakfast cereal, still watch, read, own or collect favorite saturday cartoons and comics, and spend their free time playing video games. It's like they refuse to grow up  Wink
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »

A tradtion since my early teens has been watching horror movies on Halloween with my sister. It's probably nothing out of the ordinary, but we still do as adults to this day. If for some reason we can't make it on Halloween we'll do our movie marathon a few days earlier or later.

Other than that there isn't much I retain from childhood. I think it is just naturally to let go of things we did as a child. That said, I know quite a few grown men who still eat their favorite childhood breakfast cereal, still watch, read, own or collect favorite saturday cartoons and comics, and spend their free time playing video games. It's like they refuse to grow up  Wink

-and they live in Mommy's basement and eat Chettos. Last time they were close to p***y was when they were s**t out of it.
Thats the (very funny) way most folks think of us. Hahaaha-what is sad-it's sometimes not untrue.
Oh s**t-you winked at me! A h! That means you knew this! OH!

You wouldnt believe how lonely my love for old horror movies has made me. But I don't care. I yam what I yam.  Drink
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 11:04:32 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 03:33:03 PM »

well, bad movies, reading, cooking and sfx makeup of course.
  but the biggie is a yearly christmas eve phonecall. my da used to call my cousin/aunt mary to wish her happy birthday at midnight our time, and tease her unmercifully.
  he died the year i turned 25 and i took over that tradition. she died last year.. but i called anyway, and spoke to the answering machine, since uncle gene, her husband was at my sister's for christmas.
   he called me christmas day and thanked me for the message to her, and we made a pact that i will call him on christmas eve and we will tease her anyway, just like always.
  i'm not sure how i'm going to deal with it when he dies...
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 04:28:52 PM »

Whenever somebody tells me that snakes are of the devil, I refer them to John 3:15, where the snake is  used to represent Christ!   TeddyR BounceGiggle

That's worse.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 09:59:45 PM »

Whenever somebody tells me that snakes are of the devil, I refer them to John 3:15, where the snake is  used to represent Christ!   TeddyR BounceGiggle
That's worse.
Mm.  Cool it.  

...  he died the year i turned 25 and i took over that tradition. she died last year.. but i called anyway, and spoke to the answering machine...
I did that for months after my sister in law died.  The only message I'd leave was "miss you" and "love you".  

I always loved Halloween.  I collected a sh!tload of Halloween, mostly of my generation.  I still have a lot.  I even have a few things I had as a kid... Oh!  Stay on topic! 

I still watch Horror movies.  I can remember watching CARNIVAL OF SOULS when we lived in a house on Lincoln Avenue in 1968, '69, '70, '71... probably in '69... it was on in the afternoon.  It so reminded me of the world I knew: the abandoned seashore off season... 

I still love milk chocolate.  Of course, everything else I love I GREW to appreciate (like horseradish, pickled hot peppers, really raunchy cheese). 

Cool toys.  I still love cool toys, like robots and monsters. 

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:06:56 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 01:39:40 AM »

That said, I know quite a few grown men who still eat their favorite childhood breakfast cereal, still watch, read, own or collect favorite saturday cartoons and comics, and spend their free time playing video games. It's like they refuse to grow up  Wink

I'm pretty much like that: I still like the things I read, saw, heard and did as a child: I think I am still a child at heart as can be seen by the Godzilla thing that stands on my coffee table   TeddyR and the fact that kids can relate to me without being scared of me (as most adults are).

Even though I grew up in a civil war, I still look back to my childhood with fondness and can go back there anytime I want.  Smile
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:31:34 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 04:32:02 AM »

I also still have many of the books and records I had as a child as well as my first toy, a now very elderly and grubby teddy bear.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
316zombie
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 12:52:48 AM »

Whenever somebody tells me that snakes are of the devil, I refer them to John 3:15, where the snake is  used to represent Christ!   TeddyR BounceGiggle
That's worse.
Mm.  Cool it.  

...  he died the year i turned 25 and i took over that tradition. she died last year.. but i called anyway, and spoke to the answering machine...
I did that for months after my sister in law died.  The only message I'd leave was "miss you" and "love you".  

I always loved Halloween.  I collected a sh!tload of Halloween, mostly of my generation.  I still have a lot.  I even have a few things I had as a kid... Oh!  Stay on topic! 

I still watch Horror movies.  I can remember watching CARNIVAL OF SOULS when we lived in a house on Lincoln Avenue in 1968, '69, '70, '71... probably in '69... it was on in the afternoon.  It so reminded me of the world I knew: the abandoned seashore off season... 

I still love milk chocolate.  Of course, everything else I love I GREW to appreciate (like horseradish, pickled hot peppers, really raunchy cheese). 

Cool toys.  I still love cool toys, like robots and monsters. 

we talked about that...i think i told you then about me keeping the tradition while she was alive. since i mentioned it here, i mentioned in a family conference call..the decision is that when my uncle passes, i start calling my brother at midnight on christmas with the traditional" HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN( ADD NAME)" ...someday we'll find out how THAT started, lol! we're all" john( your name) on our birthday. we get some funny looks if we party at a bar, especially me. i don't LOOK like a barri, much less a johnbarri! we're... umm.. a little weird. Cheers
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things you retain from childhood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.