Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:29:09 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Soooo, about the Cosby show... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Soooo, about the Cosby show...  (Read 6254 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 03, 2018, 09:43:53 PM »

How do people feel about TV shows with Bill Cosby in them now? Do you think networks should stop showing them? Would you watch them? Would you let a child watdh them?  Do you think Cosby should get home confinement due to his health but only if he has to watch "Leonard Part 6" at least once a week as part of his punishment?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 10:03:39 PM »

I discovered his album "Wonderfulness" in my parents record collection when I was three or four, & not long afterwards that I was quoting lines from "Special Class".
I was i the middle of rediscovering his early albums when the accusations started getting serious, & even his former castmates referred to it as a "parade".

About as bad as when Dan Hagerty got caught selling cocaine.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:52:04 PM »

Tough call.
Bill Cosby was the voice of my childhood.  I grew up listening to and retelling his stories, and "Bill Cosby Himself" is still the funniest standup album I have ever listened to.  His TV show is a classic of the 80's.  He also said a lot of good and true things about personal responsibility and some of the problems young black men create for themselves and then blame on others.
But there is little to no doubt now the man is a serial rapist.
Should his entire life work be discarded? 

Like I said at the start, tough call.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 06:32:25 AM »

I watched his shows growing up and enjoyed them, but given what was going on behind the wholesome family entertainment I say let the man's legacy be destroyed and move on. I would not want my child to grow up thinking of him as some sort of paragon of fatherhood.

Not to mention how much pain it would cause his victims to continually see his shows being re-ran on TV.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »

He broke racial barriers in apartheid South Africa when his TV show was the most watched by all: now he can rot in jail.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:27:37 PM »

I watched "Cosby Show" when it was current during my teen years (like just about everybody else), but the last time I happened to catch a rerun, which was quite some time ago, it hadn't aged particularly well anyway... so I wouldn't miss it much if the networks made it disappear.

However, I still think his early/mid 60s stand up albums ("Revenge," "Why Is There Air?," "Wonderfulness," etc.) are fantastic though. I grew up listening to my parents' copies of those records and can still quote bits from them chapter and verse.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 05:39:54 PM »

walking quietly away...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 07:47:46 AM »

f**k Cosby.

Never really liked him anyway. Except maybe his Fat Albert cartoon.

And yes- he should go to jail. If any poor man got busted and convicted at his age, I don't think they would be able to sit it out at home.  He's gotten away with his s**t for too long. He should pay the piper.

Look at Pee Wee Herman. They yanked his s**t off the air for a long time- and all he did was get caught jerking off.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »

f**k Cosby.

Never really liked him anyway. Except maybe his Fat Albert cartoon.

And yes- he should go to jail. If any poor man got busted and convicted at his age, I don't think they would be able to sit it out at home.  He's gotten away with his s**t for too long. He should pay the piper.

Look at Pee Wee Herman. They yanked his s**t off the air for a long time- and all he did was get caught jerking off.

Poignant....
Dan Hagerty got less time for felony cocaine dealing than Tommy Chong got for misdemeanor sales of his signature bongs, & a friend of mine's been on a Fatty Arbuckle binge....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 04:43:39 PM »

COSBY?  Fnck him. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 05:50:44 AM »

COSBY?  Fnck him. 

Ok, but the question was about his shows. Do you feel they should bve shown in syndication like mormal shows or pulled from the air?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 06:48:17 AM »

Personally, I think they should be off the air, but still available in DVD for those that can separate the artist from his work. 

They were classic shows that a lot of people besides him put effort into and I'd hate to see them go to waste because of behind the scenes issues. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 02:54:47 PM »

COSBY?  Fnck him. 

Ok, but the question was about his shows. Do you feel they should bve shown in syndication like mormal shows or pulled from the air?

Let me make it clear:  FnCK HIM. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »

I still can't believe a guy who made all those "Road" movies with Bob Hope and sang a Christmas duet with David Bowie could do such horrible things to women.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »

Plus there was this creepy thing with the BBQ sauce;

Small | Large

I and many other people didn't think much of it then but knowing what we know now....ugh.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Soooo, about the Cosby show... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.