Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:28:19 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Classic Eurohorrors: The Good and Bad « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Classic Eurohorrors: The Good and Bad  (Read 11212 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »

Jeepers creepers... no CASTLE OF BLOOD (1964 aka DANZA MACABRE)?  

OOPS!  I had posted it!   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 07:14:23 PM »

A particular favorite of mine, THE MUMMY'S REVENGE(1975):

Small | Large
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2019, 08:50:11 AM »

It may lean more towards sci-fi but Mario Bava's "Caltiki: the Immortal Monster" is probably the best of the vintage 'blob' movies with it's tense and moody atmosphere.
Lucio Fulco's movies always give the impression that he was something of a frustrated 'art house' director. I like the way he builds up both the horror and the peculiarity in "The Beyond" and "House By the Cemetery" without feeling the need to hand you a happy or even coherent conclusion.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2019, 09:26:37 AM »

I just rewatched TENEBRE (1982) by Dario Argento. Argento is like Fulci for me. I love DEEP RED and INFERNO, but can take or leave SUSPIRIA  and some others. But I got to admit-most of his films lack logic.
But of course-that never stopped me from loving a movie!  TeddyR

Just rewatched BEYOND THE DOOR (1974) with Disney darling Juliet Mills as a woman pregnant with a demonic baby.
DAM! I forgot how stupid, cheezy and FUN this movie is!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2019, 05:25:31 PM »

TENEBRAE is my fav Argento movie. it's so vicious. the blu ray remaster looks stunning too

few days ago I saw Jess Franco's BEYOND THE DARKNESS (1979). very messed up! some of the scenes I was just staring at the screen thinking " wtf am I watching?"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:30:28 PM by zombie no.one » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 05:50:09 PM »

Just rewatched BEYOND THE DOOR (1974) with Disney darling Juliet Mills as a woman pregnant with a demonic baby.

http://youtu.be/dkbRJMGFo9g

Uhm... you thinking of HAYLEY MILLS?  I think JULIET MILLS is her sister... JULIET starred in TV series "Nanny and the Professor"

BEYOND THE DOOR
is one of my favorite movies to riff on... 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 05:52:50 PM »

Uhm... you thinking of HAYLEY MILLS?  I think JULIET MILLS is her sister... JULIET starred in TV series "Nanny and the Professor"

BEYOND THE DOOR

I believe they both starred in that movie about the twin girls-I can't recall the name of it...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Archivist

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 02:02:37 AM »

+1 for Quatermass And The Pit, and Vampyres.

Adding:

The Night Of The Hunted (1980) with the stunning adult film actress Brigitte Lahaie. NSFW. Sexy, strange, but ultimately sad movie about a woman with recurring memory loss.

Sorry... Small | Large

Sorry... Small | Large

Vampyros Lesbos (1971) starring the gorgeous Soledad Miranda. Also NSFW. Has one of the most groovy sexadelic soundtracks ever.

Sorry... Small | Large

I'm a real sucker for movies of this era with beautiful European actresses, I'd love to see more like this.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2019, 02:49:32 AM »

A very hard to see euro horror movie is a sci-fi horror one called "the night caller".  I father it was banned in Britain for a  long time.   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Caller_from_Outer_Space

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Archivist

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2019, 07:35:02 PM »

A very hard to see euro horror movie is a sci-fi horror one called "the night caller".  I father it was banned in Britain for a  long time.   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Caller_from_Outer_Space

Oh wow, I think I have that in a collection someone gave me. Does it start with an old style crooner theme song about 'The Night Caller'?

The Night Caller (1965) - video dailymotion

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2019, 10:29:28 PM »

Oh wow, I think I have that in a collection someone gave me. Does it start with an old style crooner theme song about 'The Night Caller'?

The Night Caller (1965) - video dailymotion

A yep.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »

BEYOND THE DOOR

I believe they both starred in that movie about the twin girls-I can't recall the name of it...

You may be thinking of The Parent Trap from 1961 with Hayley Mills, who played both roles in the film. For all the work that Hayley did for the Walt Disney Company, I am surprised that her older sister Juliet, apparently, never worked for them. Though, their father, Sir John Mills, did, having an uncredited role as a golf caddy in The Parent Trap, and previously a bigger role as the father of Swiss Family Robinson.

In the late '80's Hayley recreated the roles she played in The Parent Trap in a series of TV movies made for the Disney Channel. Then 37 years later, the film was remade for the big screen, one of the better remakes (IMHO) with Lindsay Lohan in the roles played by Hayley in the original film.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Classic Eurohorrors: The Good and Bad « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.