Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:14 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Book of Henry (2017) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Book of Henry (2017)  (Read 2920 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 10, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »

I... can't believe what I just watched. This movie is the next level of bad.
Whoever wrote this must be mentally ill. This can only be the work of lunatics.
It's so cheesy and pretentious, all the while trying to do a tonal juggling act that it's failing at badly.
I'm pretty hyped to make my review of it. This movie is amazing in how many ways it just doesn't work.
I'm not one to overuse the word pretentious but, holy s**t this movie is high off it's own fumes. The writers must have thought they were making some sort of masterpiece.
Either see it for yourself or watch my next review. Written word cannot do justice to that which must be seen to be believed.

There will be no rating out of ten. I don't know how to score a movie that I got so much ironic enjoyment out of.
At first the pretense wears on you as the movie chugs at a snail's pace, but somewhere past the half way mark it loses its goddamn mind and turns into a spectacular s**tshow.
I've never seen so many bad choices in one script in my entire life.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 10:18:22 PM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

dean

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 06:16:51 PM »

I fell asleep watching it.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:57:17 PM »

I fell asleep watching it.

Lucky you.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 07:47:43 AM »

In the movie a woman named Susan suspects her neighbor, the police commissioner, of abusing his daughter Cristina.

There's a bit where she looks out the window and sees that he is, in fact, in the process of beating her. She runs to get her phone (Which is clearly a smart phone) and calls the commissioner to distract him.

The thing that bugs me about this scene is why she doesn't use her phone to record him in the act. Would the evidence be inadmissible? In this situation she would be in her own house recording him from a window in his. I don't really know the legality of this and I'm having trouble finding it online.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not exactly well versed in law.

316zombie
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »

not a stupid question at all, AJ, let me see what i can find out.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »

I know in the UK if you have recorded someone on a phone for example, it in inadmissible if the person isn't warned they are being recorded.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 04:51:21 PM »

okay, yup, that's true here too. and any video of any kind has to have signed permission to be used anywhere. alot of people on youtube break that law and get away with it, but it won't work in court.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Book of Henry (2017) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.