Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:46:31 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movies with alternate endings. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies with alternate endings.  (Read 4941 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 19, 2018, 01:48:31 PM »

"The human vapor" apparently has 2 endings, one in which the villain is killed at the end, and one in which he suffers a worse fate: immortality alone with his guilt.

In Japan immortality is usually regarded as a fate worse than death. Other cultures have some social mores against a villain "getting away with it" by not being innprison or dead at the end of the movie so apparentkyntey made an alternate end for those countries.

Want to discuss another movie with alternate endings?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »

I thought the alternate ending to NATIONAL TREASURE was well-done and funny!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 08:56:55 AM »

The alternate ending to John Frankenheimer's Ronin - where one of the operatives is kidnapped off the street and murdered by the IRA - was jarring and unsettling: I preferred the released ending where Jean Reno and Robert DeNiro have coffee, part as friends and then split.*

*Without us finding out what was in that %$#@ suitcase!  Twirling TongueOut
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:01:25 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 07:19:17 AM »

The Butterfly effect's alternative ending was pretty brutal.

The "director's cut" alternative ending shows Evan turning on the home movies, only this time instead of watching a home movie at a neighborhood gathering, he's watching the video of his own birth. He travels back to when he is about to be born and commits suicide by strangling himself with his own umbilical cord. Therefore, he was never there to change the timeline in the first place and this explains why Evan's mother had two still-born children before him: since their father had the same gift which led him to be convicted as mentally unstable, the three killed themselves in the same way to avoid harming those around them

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 07:36:28 AM »

I've heard there was an alternate endings to KING KONG VS GODZILLA- one where Kong wins, one where Godzilla wins.
As it is- I can't even remember who wins last time I saw it. And I got this movie on dvd.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »

There WAS filmed an epilogue to DRACULA (1931) where Edward Van Sloan warns the audience that -"there ARE such things!".
Kinda like the prologue of FRANKENSTEIN (1931).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 06:17:47 PM »

* Al Adamson's DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN has an alternate ending (it's on the DVD)

* 28 DAYS LATER - I remember seeing the movie in the theater and not long after they re-released it and ran an ad campaign telling people to stick around at the end of the movie to see the alternate ending. Both endings are on the DVD.

* FATAL ATTRACTION had an alternate ending.

I'm sure I can come up with a bunch more.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 06:19:38 PM »

"The human vapor" apparently has 2 endings

Yeah, one of them is when I shake the blankets and my wife makes me sleep in the guest bedroom . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
beat_truck
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:52:46 PM »

Army of Darkness is another one.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 11:52:16 PM »

* Al Adamson's DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN has an alternate ending (it's on the DVD)

Hopwfully it was when a hypnotic spiral began spinning on the screen and a deep voice commandd the audience to forget the movie they had just seen to spare them the horror of remembering it... Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 05:30:16 AM »

Yeah, one of them is when I shake the blankets and my wife makes me sleep in the guest bedroom . . .

Ewww...!

BounceGiggle

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 08:37:54 AM »

Joy Ride (2001) has 5 alternate endings 

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 07:16:36 AM »

If memory serves, the 1985 film "Clue" had three different endings, depending on which theater you saw it in. Neat gimmick.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »

If memory serves, the 1985 film "Clue" had three different endings, depending on which theater you saw it in. Neat gimmick.
Can you imagine the forum fights that would cause if it happened today?  Everyone accusing each other of lying or making things up? 

I did like how they handled that for the VHS release though.  "It could have happened like this... or it could have happened like is.... but it just so happened to go like this."  Or however they said that.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 10:19:49 PM »

Oh put a cork in it.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movies with alternate endings. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.