Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:52:10 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Solo: A Star Wars Story « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Solo: A Star Wars Story  (Read 2064 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: May 25, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »

I went and seen the Solo movie last night at the local AMC.

I thought it was a decent enough film.  Got my Star Wars fix for another year or so.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 04:47:43 AM »

My wife and I watched it last night.
Overall well done, with a few really charming moments!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:13:13 PM »

My wife and I watched it last night.
Overall well done, with a few really charming moments!

Yeah, I'd tell Leia that true Chewie may be a walking carpet but at least he didn't insist on being in the ship's shower at the same time she was.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 03:21:39 PM »

Having finally seen it, I now have some understanding as to why people dislike it. It is different from anything that has gone on before, but, if one can get pass the difference, and some people can't, different can be good, and here are 15 good things about it. Of course, all are (IMHO.)

01, More emotional heft than most of the films in the Star Wars series.
02. Film noire + Western = 2 of my favorite genera in 1 film.
03. Has there ever been a noire Western, besides this one? Yes, but I can't think of any titles at the moment.
04. Be not a villain nor a hero be. Tobias Beckett = the perfect example.
05. One of the 1st great heroes in the Rebellion was a little girl, and her name was not Leia, for once.
06. Why do some people support the Empire? Hard to believe, but there are some things out there that are worst than the Empire.
07. One of the reasons this comes across as more realistic than most of the films in the Star Wars series.
08. Like many good films, you can seldom tell where it's going.
09. Was the regional governor working for the good guys? The bad guys? Himself? Answer: ?
10. There is almost always somebody above you to whom you answer.
11. For the 1st time in a long time, I actually felt, not sad, but bad, when 1 of the characters was killed.
12. What should the smart do? Find the deepest hole possible. Pull it all back on top of one. And sit it out. Else, trying to figure out the winner will only get you dead or deader.
13. Black Spire Outpost.
14. Almost the perfect set-up for a sequel or the next stand-alone film. Han Solo meet Obie Wan Kenobi.
15. Why is thinking out of the box good? It helps prevent misdiagnosis.

AND . . . that is my last word on his subject.

Next time: The Incredibles 2 and then Ant-man and the Wasp. No one does it better than Marvel Studios, and Venom is proof of that.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 03:11:30 AM »

I thought the scene where they jumpstered the mnillennium falcon by having chewbacca fart into the engine compartment and solo fired his blaster in to ignite it was the funniest scene in any star wars movie.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 05:08:04 PM »

Went to see it today (taking Ash to the cinema to see his first movies (the other was Jurassic World). I enjoyed the film. It wasn't by any means the best Star Wars movie I have ever seen but I don't think it deserves the hate it has been getting online either. Ron Howard has done a good job and it would be worth a sequel (wither or not Lucasfilm is willing to greenlight one is another matter).

I'd like to see the big bad more as I feel previously he was very underused cinematically (I am not mentioning who or what it is though to avoid spoiling it for anyone).

Ash sat in my arms staring wide eyed at the screen the whole time. I am pretty sure he enjoyed it too. I reckon he gave it 4 baby bottles out of 5.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Solo: A Star Wars Story « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.