Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:31:42 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  GOOD Scenes in BAD Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOOD Scenes in BAD Movies  (Read 3021 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: May 26, 2018, 10:03:49 PM »

Some really stupid movies sometimes have some scene that are pure genuis.

Like- in PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE (1959). Now this movie is pretty f**king stupid. So stupid it makes you laugh yer ass off. BUT!
There are a couple of moments that are dam creepy. One where Tor is rising from the grave, and two- when Vampira staggers dead eyed toward the screen- claws grasping.....!  Buggedout

Actually- all Vampira and Tor's zombie scenes creeped me out! I mean look at 'em! 2 of the creepiest f**king people I ever seen in my life. ( I still wouldn't mind too much if Vampira sucked my....blood!)

Small | Large

Brrr....!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:06:42 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 10:16:39 PM »

The movies I'd want to cite scenes from you'd argue are not bad at all.  I do think those bits with VAMPIRA are cool, but hardly "good" except for a Halloween party...    TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 10:55:08 PM »

The movies I'd want to cite scenes from you'd argue are not bad at all.  I do think those bits with VAMPIRA are cool, but hardly "good" except for a Halloween party...    TeddyR

Hey! Cite anything ya want! It's a free country! (well, kinda sometimes!  Lookingup)

Thing is- when I saw Tor and Vampira for the first time I had f**king nightmares. I was like 7 years old.
And that part of me still gets the creeps every time I see those 2!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 11:29:32 PM »

I always thought Huntress: Spirit Of The Night was a prime example, with no real plot & lots of references to better movies about werewolves & possession, but the cinematography was above average for a sleazy nudie flick.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 11:32:55 PM »

I always thought Huntress: Spirit Of The Night was a prime example, with no real plot & lots of references to better movies about werewolves & possession, but the cinematography was above average for a sleazy nudie flick.

I never even heard of that. I'm intrigued!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 11:33:43 PM »

There's a couple of scenes in A Name For Evil involving a pool of water & an iron gate where the director tries to mess with the viewers head that are pretty cool.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 04:51:09 PM »

Dwain Esper's MANIAC (1934) is absolutely one of the worst and most tasteless movies ever made. However there is a brief moment showing Maxwell crawling toward the camera along a old shaft with a crazed grin frozen on his face. It's only a moment but it's effectively creepy.

Bela's "Home? I haff no home!" speech in BRIDE OF THE MONSTER comes across better by Martin Landau in ED WOOD than by Bela in the movie itself, but it is a slab of well seasoned, delicious ham in the original can of meat by products.

As a kid we were warned about the horrors of a big alligator snapping turtle chomping down on our feet as we squished around in the swampy areas near the lake (they wouldn't let go even if you cut their head off, and they'd only let go during the next thunderstorm!) my buddies and I were gut-wrench terrified by the scene in FROGS where the snapping turtle attack that lady.  

"Hey, lady! Slow and steady wins the race, ya know. Hehehe"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:54:09 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 10:31:53 PM »

Some scenes in "creation of the humanoids" were amazing and decades ahead of their time.

”play some rap music" in "the last boyscout".

The " punch a preacher" scene in "walk hard" is absolutely beautiful.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 12:31:20 AM »

This crazy old hag in DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (1973). That f**king movie.
I actually love the whole movie.

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 01:42:05 AM »

George Kennedy discovers gold in the stream in Lost Horizon  BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 01:15:34 PM »

Tremors isn't that bad a movie, but this scene really stands out as gold.

Small | Large

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 01:20:54 PM »

I think TREMORS is a GREAT movie.  Cheers

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 01:22:47 PM »

Dwain Esper's MANIAC (1934) is absolutely one of the worst and most tasteless movies ever made. However there is a brief moment showing Maxwell crawling toward the camera along a old shaft with a crazed grin frozen on his face. It's only a moment but it's effectively creepy.

Bela's "Home? I haff no home!" speech in BRIDE OF THE MONSTER comes across better by Martin Landau in ED WOOD than by Bela in the movie itself, but it is a slab of well seasoned, delicious ham in the original can of meat by products.

As a kid we were warned about the horrors of a big alligator snapping turtle chomping down on our feet as we squished around in the swampy areas near the lake (they wouldn't let go even if you cut their head off, and they'd only let go during the next thunderstorm!) my buddies and I were gut-wrench terrified by the scene in FROGS where the snapping turtle attack that lady.  

Yeah. By a f**king turtle! She can't run away from a turtle!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »

Yeah. By a f**king turtle! She can't run away from a turtle!

Hey people doing stupid things is the basis for almost every action, thriller and horror movie* out there. You can't just go doing simple things that would ensure your survival you know. I mean, if I ever find myself staying somewhere and a famous detective comes to stay I am getting the hell out of there before some murderer starts conviently bumping people off for the detective to investigate.

*I am also going to add rom-com to that list, but that is for a whole different set of reasons.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 01:40:38 PM »

I know this will sound stupid, but for some reason, the scene where the hot dog mouth fish people are roaming the woods in the HORROR OF PARTY BEACH (1964) gives me the willies. It did when I was a kid, it still does.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  GOOD Scenes in BAD Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.