Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:47:53 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  STAR WARS (1977) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: STAR WARS (1977)  (Read 5141 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: May 26, 2018, 11:15:28 PM »

I hate f**king STAR WARS (1977). I hate all the sequels too. And the lunch boxes and action figures and sex toys ( ok- I made that part up).
I went and seen STAR WARS  (Copyright 1977) and wasn't impressed. I had already seen PLANET OF THE APES and 2001 on the big screen by the age of 8. STAR WARS was stupid big budget Flash Gordon. I never liked Flash Gordon.

But that's not the only reason I hate FLASH GORDON (1977)- oops- I mean- STA- well you know what I mean-!
I hate it because it took my favorite magazine- FAMOUS MONSTERS and turned it into Famous Star Wars.
And it killed any chance of our small home town theater playing cheap double bills.
 It was a slow death- but million dollar s**t like STAR WARS killed it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 08:57:08 AM »

seen it once only, when I was about 6 or 7... thought it was quite good. I was scared by the scene where they're trapped in the room and the walls start closing in. I had a couple of the action figures. I thought the Ti-Fighter (sp?) toys were very cool but I never owned one.

that's about my entire opinion on the whole Star Wars franchise...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 09:11:24 AM »

I was 13 years old when my girlfriend and I went to see STAR WARS in the summer of 1977.
It was amazing, captivating, and spellbinding for both of us.  Since then we have seen every single film in the STAR WARS franchise together, in the theater, usually on opening day or at least opening weekend.  Some were better than others, but we have liked all of them and loved some.
STAR WARS Nerds together for life!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »

I was 7 when Star Wars came out - smack in the middle of the target demographic for all the toys, comic books and other junk that followed. Loved it then, love it now. Can't wait to see "Solo."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 08:04:37 PM »

Hate hate hate.  I have been trying to edit that word out of my vocabulary.  Not easy, since using it's a habit. 

I didn't see STAR WARS (1977) until 1982 or 3... just before I saw THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and just before RETURN OF THE JEDI was released.  The first two were re-released so people like me could catch up.  Yes, I avoided that series when it was new, but hopped on the band wagon just before the third film came out.  I still don't mind them, but they were always silly.  What I've seen of any later films left me cold (or rolling my eyes). 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
beat_truck
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 03:37:06 AM »

I have the first 3 movies on VHS.  So far I've only watched the first one.  Meh, it was all right.  I don't see what the HUGE fuss was about, except I'm sure that the effects were impressive for their time.  When I watch the second two, I'll need to rewatch the first because I've forgotten most of it. Lookingup
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 04:27:37 AM »

I was ten and I was captivated: I also fell in love with the feisty Princess.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 04:50:01 AM »

I was three when the first one came out and I grew up loving them. Had a crush on Princess Leia. I figure it must have been the space buns. Initially Luke was a hero to me, but as I got older and he seemed to be more of a whiny dork I prefered Han.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Neville

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 07:39:54 AM »

I hate f**king STAR WARS (1977). I hate all the sequels too. And the lunch boxes and action figures and sex toys ( ok- I made that part up).

Even the lightsaber dildos? They're popular, it must be the loud Swum! when activated.

I usually enjoy the older Star Wars films, but for me Episode IV remains the least interesting. It remains the evidence #1 on how Lucas is a master in blending styles, but also a hack director. The cheap plastic look doesn't help either.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 11:43:22 PM »

I was 4 years old when my dad took me to watch Star Wars back in 1977. I was old enough to remember when it was just Star Wars, before all of that "episode" crap. I still watch Episode IV, specifically the entire Assault on the Death Star sequence, whenever I feel like testing out my surround sound system. I really hope that the entire rest of the series is released on 4k Blu Ray, now that they've released The Last Jedi on 4k blu ray. It would be a blast if they could redo it all in Dolby Atmos as well just to get with the times.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 11:59:43 PM »

The popularity of STAR WARS to me is comparable to the popularity of the rock band KISS or why the Rolling Stones went on forever way past when  any of they're music was relevant. Or the WWF. Or Nascar.
f**king nothing at all in this movie makes me happy.
I don't understand any of this. - may be some kind of cosmic movie conspiracy.  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 02:53:41 PM »

you like STAR CRASH though, right?!

Small | Large

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »

http://youtu.be/jAU2U7uSk7Y

But of course!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »

My love for STAR WARS led me to STAR CRASH... the first time I saw it on TV I was a Star Wars crazed kid who would watch literally anything with the words "Star," "Space," "Galaxy," etc. in the title.

STAR CRASH was my introduction wild wacky world of European exploitation/B-Movies... which led me to this forum many years later. It's the Circle of Life! :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 05:02:44 AM »

But of course!  Thumbup

just checking  Smile

@Freddy, nice!

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  STAR WARS (1977) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.