Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:24:19 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Heroes in movies who maybe weren't. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heroes in movies who maybe weren't.  (Read 1212 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 29, 2018, 12:57:45 AM »

Someone mentioned the film "Valkyrie" today and it made me wonder if Claus von stauffenberg was really a hero or not. Sure he came close to whacking Hitler, but I seem to notice he only did it after it was pretty clear old 'dolfy was losing the war and getting Germany, stauffenberg's home nation, pretty heavily fecal malleted.

Maybe a real hero would have objected to uncle 'dolf earlier, like when he was conquering countries, committing mass murder on an industrial scale and robbing nations. Is a guy who turns on a dictator only after he starts losing big time really a hero?

Likewise I wonder if it would be fair to describe Qui-Gon Jin as a hero in the phantom menace. He allowed that little blue b@st@rd with wings to renege on a deal and keep annakin's mother in slavery. Her later death on tattooine helped push annakin towards the dark side. It occurs to me a real hero might have gotten a little more adamant about making batboy uphold his end of the deal fully. Also how heroic was it for him to attack Darth maul with his faithful padawan making it 2 on 1. An honorable knight might have fought on even terms.

So can you think of other movies about heroes, real or fictional, whose heroism you find dubious?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 01:33:55 AM »

Walter Burke (Al Pacino) in The Recruit (2003): fascinating portrait of a one time hero in the CIA who becomes both an instructor and a traitor.

Traitor or not, you can't help liking the guy.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Heroes in movies who maybe weren't. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.