Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:52:55 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What are you AFRAID of? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What are you AFRAID of?  (Read 6370 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: June 10, 2018, 01:54:40 AM »

I'm afraid of ghosts. I don't really believe in ghosts. But I had enough 'ghost' experiances as a child to know they scare me.  Bluesad
I don't like hanging out with the dead. It creeps me out. I seen s**t.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:59:15 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 02:55:33 AM »

Scared of driving.  Never liked it.  Way too damn many crazy drivers out there.  Too much traffic, too many weird intersections.  People honk too much, people are in too much of a hurry, etc.  And when I walk I have to make EXTRA sure drivers don't have their head up their @$$.  People ignore stop signs and crosswalks and don't use their turn signal!  F***ing idiots!

I've kind of gotten over my fear of being around a lot of people.  Or people that kind of get in my face.  I think it's because I've gotten older and don't care what people think when I get back at them.

Scared of doing any leisure activity with people I don't know-- dancing, sports, etc.  No thanks!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 02:59:29 AM »

Scared of driving.  Never liked it.  Way too damn many crazy drivers out there.  Too much traffic, too many weird intersections.  People honk too much, people are in too much of a hurry, etc.  And when I walk I have to make EXTRA sure drivers don't have their head up their @$$.  People ignore stop signs and crosswalks and don't use their turn signal!  F***ing idiots!

I've kind of gotten over my fear of being around a lot of people.  Or people that kind of get in my face.  I think it's because I've gotten older and don't care what people think when I get back at them.

Scared of doing any leisure activity with people I don't know-- dancing, sports, etc.  No thanks!

You seem very- I don't want to call it anti-social...but that seems like the word that fits.
Don't feel bad! I only hang out with folks I know too. I think everybody does.
I am very anti-social,myself. Other wise it seems distrurbing.
BUT! That's why we're here Bluesad
Aint it?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:43:05 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 04:22:04 AM »

When I first got married for months I would have bad dreams where Kristi would get some sort of terminal illness, something I could do nothing about. I guess that is my biggest fear, not being able to do something for one of my loved ones.

Oh and airplanes taking off. For some reason when I am onboard one I am convinced a wing will fall off on take off. No idea why I have that one, but there you go.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 05:00:06 AM »

Of ending up homeless and herded into a for profit prison for being homeless.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 07:04:39 AM »

Very few things actually scare me, but I hate RATS to the point that I am a little bit afraid of them.
Snakes I love, great big hairy tarantulas I will catch and play with, but rats are just disgusting and creepy!!  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 08:50:51 AM »

Backs away slowly, looking for anything that can be used as a weapon...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:16 AM »

Crawlies/bugs in general but spiders in particular.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »

I've always been an insect/arachnid-lover throughout my life and have never really been afraid of them, but due to some bad experiences with wasps as a kid, I've developed a fear for those in particular. I'm fine watching them from a good distance, but if they get anywhere near me, I just freeze up or try to get away as soon as safely possible. I really hate yellow jackets because they always circle my face whenever I eat outside.... Ugh....

I also have a few other fears that aren't exactly phobic, such as dangerous people (in a city or even just walking around the neighborhood), dementia (in me or my loved ones), and I'm especially afraid of my loved ones getting hurt or being in danger. That's about it for me.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »

Scared of driving.  Never liked it.  Way too damn many crazy drivers out there.  Too much traffic, too many weird intersections.  People honk too much, people are in too much of a hurry, etc.  And when I walk I have to make EXTRA sure drivers don't have their head up their @$$.  People ignore stop signs and crosswalks and don't use their turn signal!  F***ing idiots!

I've kind of gotten over my fear of being around a lot of people.  Or people that kind of get in my face.  I think it's because I've gotten older and don't care what people think when I get back at them.

Scared of doing any leisure activity with people I don't know-- dancing, sports, etc.  No thanks!

You seem very- I don't want to call it anti-social...but that seems like the word that fits.
Don't feel bad! I only hang out with folks I know too. I think everybody does.
I am very anti-social,myself. Other wise it seems distrurbing.
BUT! That's why we're here Bluesad
Aint it?

That's accurate-- I AM antisocial.  It's probably kept me alive this long.
A live hornet/wasp nest can give me the jitters.  Those Raid foam sprays are a godsend!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »

Give me a badminton racquet and I will swat those evil winged demons out of the air left and right! 

Hiyah, die, insect!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 04:47:29 PM »

I love bugs. Even wasps. I won't think twice about killing a wasp, but if I can shoo it out of the house without killing it, I will.
I like ants. So smart. And spiders. They eat flys. I don't like flys.

Beyond ghosts, I'm not afraid of anything. Not even for my family, but I worry within reason.
I was afraid for my brother Richie when he was alive. I was scared after he died too. And Tara Sue when she died. I ain't scared of my own death, but when people I love die it freaks me out.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 08:19:59 PM »

Trevor's undies  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 11:13:33 PM »

I'm afraid of ghosts. I don't really believe in ghosts. But I had enough 'ghost' experiances as a child to know they scare me.  Bluesad
I don't like hanging out with the dead. It creeps me out. I seen s**t.
The day my brother died, my older sister took our sister-in-law home.  I volunteered to stay with my brother David.  I sat alone and read a newspaper that someone had left there.  I read a couple of the stories aloud to my brother.  I chuckled at stories I knew he'd have found amusing.  I left after an hour or so.  I think I kissed him goodbye. 

I learned about 25 years after our father died, that I was the last one of my family to see daddy alive in the hospital.  Though my mother and brothers and sisters were all there the day of his funeral, I was the only one in my family who felt the need to at least witness that it was him and he was dead.  My brother-in-law put his arm around me and said "I'll go in with you".  I love him. 

Some of my fondest memories are of hanging out in cemeteries with friends...

I'll kill flies, fleas, roaches, and those meaty things with legs (I'm afraid of those things).  I'm afraid of spiders, but I won't kill them, and if they're really big in the house, they'll get trapped and tossed out of doors.  I'm afraid of having to kill mice or rats.  I've done it.  The more sophisticated the creature is, the more reluctant I am to inflict pain.  Unless it's flies, fleas, roaches and them crawly things...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 11:16:28 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What are you AFRAID of? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.