Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:35:41 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Halloween 2018 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Halloween 2018  (Read 4258 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: June 10, 2018, 09:24:49 PM »

Small | Large

(I can't remember how to have the youtube videos in the actual post.  How do you do that?)
((Edit:  Thank you.))

There's a new Halloween movie coming out.  They took an odd angle with this one.  

First we had the Halloween movies, then with H20 they ignored all the movies except the first two and brought back Jamie Lee.  Then they rebooted the series.  Now they're going back to the original movie and ignoring every thing except the first one and of course Jamie lee is back again.

Personally, I think it looks good from what we can see in the trailer.  It's just how they series has progressed is weird and I felt worth mentioning.    
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:48:00 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:07:44 AM »

Remove the 's' from https and incase it inside the 'Insert Hyperlink' option.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »

The Halloween series jumped the shark ages ago but I have to admit, this new trailer has me somewhat intrigued.
It looks like a darker take on "H20."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 05:30:35 PM »

With John Carpenter back as Executive Producer, a kind of cool dirty-looking mask (which only makes sense after all these years) and a seemingly stronger emphasis on scares, it does indeed look promising.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 09:26:03 PM »

With John Carpenter back as Executive Producer, a kind of cool dirty-looking mask (which only makes sense after all these years) and a seemingly stronger emphasis on scares, it does indeed look promising.

I officially gave up on john carpenter after Ghosts of Mars.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 10:56:53 PM »

I officially gave up on john carpenter after Ghosts of Mars.

I won't disagree that he's had his share of clunkers-- and that's one of his worst-- but if he directed the original Halloween and can bring the same sense of menace and spooks that the original had then I'm interested.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 07:09:29 AM »

My quick caption review for the franchise would be:

Halloween - Amazing.
Halloween 2 - Still pretty good
Halloween 3 - God Tier
Halloween 4 - Alright
Halloween 5 - Desolation.
Halloween 6 Theatrical - not as good as Halloween 4 but better than halloween 5.
Halloween 6 Producers cut - Alright.
H20 - Good...not great. but the best thing to happen since H3.
Halloween Ressurection - ...Jesus...

Rob Zombie Halloween - eh...
Rob Zombie Halloween 2 - *Sigh* Eh...

This looks alright considering the franchises generally rocky history...Do I think its going to revolutionise cinema in the 21st century? God no! Will I be alright with a well made little slasher movie that doesnt try to be too clever but isnt too generic? Yeh I think I would be...to be honest the bars quite low for me on this one...as long as they dont go into comedy terratory needlessly I think I'll probably come away from it thinking it's alright...personally im hoping they do a tie in double feature screening in my area where they show the original and the new one back to back...they tend to do stuff like that at my local cinema and I'd definitately be down for it!

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »

Am I the only person who enjoyed the first Rob Zombie Halloween and thought it compared well to the original?

The second one I am not such a fan of though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »

Am I the only person who enjoyed the first Rob Zombie Halloween and thought it compared well to the original?
Yes.  Nobody else in the entire world thinks this.  You should be ashamed of yourself.   Twirling
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 09:35:34 AM »

The Halloween franchise is like comic books in that they have so many timelines, it's getting crazy.

Timeline 1: Halloween 1 only
Timeline 2: Halloween I, II, 4, 5, and 6: Thawn Series
Timeline 3: Halloween 1, 2, H20, Ressurectum
Timeline 4: Halloween III only
Timeline 5: Zombiween I and II
Timeline 6: Halloween 1 and Halloween 2018

...whew!  

I'm a big fan of the first one; it's a classic. As a purist (when it comes to this series anyway), this is the only necessary film; it never warranted a sequel.
Halloween II (1981/82) it jumped the shark (it was a clone of a clone) by introducing the druid BS and the worst crime, adding the sibling backstory (what made the original work so well is that Myers picks Laurie at random, which is way scarier).
H3 is a different story.
H4: rednecks and a great rack
H5: Psychic BS, Thorn expansion, man in black BS, and Loomis screaming in the face of children
H6: The Comedy episode -it's f**king bonkers and unintentionally hilarious. They job the main draw to Ant Man.
H20: A modest restructuring/years later story, but ultimately disappointing from Steve Minor
Ressurectum: reality TV cash in + Bad Laurie payoff +Busta Rhymes + jobbing the main draw like a b***h. Total garbage.
Zombieweens: complete garbage. Insert best friends and wife. Add nurture/product of environment explanation, sprinkle in some white trash, meth neighborhoods, and rape scenes. Ruin every. single. f**king. character.

As for this trailer, I'm pretty excited. It's another years later and it's going to have a lot of hommages and beat repeats (just the trailer alone had tons of these). I can see some accusing it of being like Force Awakens by repeating too many similar beats.

Best of all, I love that Myers has the blackest of eyes again. Too bad the closet light was on during the final trailer jump scare. I'm hoping we'll get some more shot references to his old school fade in from the blackness shot in the original. Definitely need to see his classic sit-up, too. I could do without the one-arm drop from the ceiling move, but we may likely see that, too.

I'll probably go see this on opening night in October. My wife is a big time horror fan and wouldn't miss it, whether it's good or not.

Here's an episode of our podcast where we talk at length about the Halloween series ...and how Dr. Loomis might just be the "real" villain of the story:

Small | Large

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »

Yes.  Nobody else in the entire world thinks this.  You should be ashamed of yourself.   Twirling

Alas as my wife often laments, I apparently have no sense of shame and now you have me wanting to watch that very movie tonight.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 12:02:00 PM »

Alas as my wife often laments, I apparently have no sense of shame and now you have me wanting to watch that very movie tonight.
If you want, you can borrow my sense of shame.  I haven't used it in years. 
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 12:28:26 PM »

If you want, you can borrow my sense of shame.  I haven't used it in years. 

Sounds like a plan. Does it come with instructions as I'd have no idea how to use it otherwise.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 12:30:43 PM »

I enjoyed the first Rob Zombie HALLOWEEN flick.  The second one was pure garbage.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 10:26:27 PM »

Since they've  been using a walliam shatner mask for decades i want to see him show up and sue for royalties. If myers tries anything he puts some priceline negotiator moves on the mute murderer.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Halloween 2018 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.