Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:17:44 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A cautionary tale. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A cautionary tale.  (Read 2250 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 14, 2018, 06:33:18 AM »

My boss is just had to run off to Aberdeen hospital. His father in law had a badly swollen leg for months and ignored it. Yesterday the swelling suddenly vanished, but his foot had went all black and blue. His wife finally managed to force him to go see a doctor and they rushed him to a larger hospital an hour and a half away. If he is lucky he is just going to lose his foot or leg, although it sounds like he is most likely not going to recover.

If you have something obviously wrong with you, don't be stupid. Go see a bloody doctor.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 11:12:06 AM »

So what was going on with his foot? Blocked arteries or something?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:15:43 AM »

I don't know what the problem is. We'd heard yesterday that Terry's father in law had been taken to one hospital and then transfered to a bigger one that could deal with his condition and this morning when we started work Terry said that everything was looking fine, then just before lunch he got a call from his wife telling her that her father had taken a turn for the worse and that if (and it is a big if) he lived, he would be losing his leg.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 12:56:46 PM »

So how old is the guy?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 01:27:56 PM »

From the way Terry talks (and taking a guess that Terry's wife is about the same age as he is along with the average age of parents for when Terry was born), I would estimate 60s to 70s.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »

Well, that explains it to me. I'll be 56 this year, and my s**t is all f**ked up.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 04:31:35 PM »

When I die, I hope I get hit by a shotgun.
I don't wanna be buried in a pet sematary.
I Don't want to live my life again!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 01:27:24 PM »

Terry was back in work today. His father in law has lost his leg and hasn't woken up from the operation yet, but it looks like they did at least manage to save his life.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 03:05:04 PM »

Getting old just plain sucks, and there's no two ways about it!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »

Man. I've know diabetics who such things happened to...we he a diabetic? As a pre-Dia, it's on my mind.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »

Not a doctor by any means but my understanding is he had a blockage in his femoral artery that caused it to swell up to 10cm wide which was the initial swelling in his leg. This broke up, and the pieces were swept away in his bloodstream but caused blockages as the veins branched off and got smaller which blocked the bloodflow to his foot. He waited two days before going to see a doctor once his foot went blue and then black. Initially they rerouted his artery to try and save the leg, but this failed and the next day they'd to remove it. He has came out of all the heavy medication and looks to have recovered although he will now spend some months in physio. The leg had to be amputated very high up so they can't give him a prostetic limb and he'll be in a wheel chair now.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A cautionary tale. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.