Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:34:34 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite President « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Favorite President  (Read 15371 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2018, 09:11:15 PM »

Those gas shells were effective enough that insurgents were able to use them against our troops on several occasions.

Provide documentation and evidence from one non right wing source for o e attack like that.

The New York Times good enough?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/middleeast/army-apologizes-for-handling-of-chemical-weapon-exposure-cases.html

Chrlorine gas is so easy to make it hardly can be called a chemical weapon, it could have been made my the rebels fighting the american invasion and  occupation.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2018, 09:23:14 PM »

I like Benjamin Harrison because we share the same birthday.  Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »

Those gas shells were effective enough that insurgents were able to use them against our troops on several occasions.

Provide documentation and evidence from one non right wing source for o e attack like that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/middleeast/army-apologizes-for-handling-of-chemical-weapon-exposure-cases.html

Chrlorine gas is so easy to make it hardly can be called a chemical weapon, it could have been made my the rebels fighting the american invasion and  occupation.

Except they recovered the shells and identified them with Saddam's munitions.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2018, 09:46:12 PM »

I'm glad they bombed Iraq. Saddam was a scumbag who needed to die.
 But I do think that the main reason for us going in there was protecting our oil interests.
I mean- there are crazy bastards in Rwanda- but we ain't sending in the jet bombers.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2018, 09:59:19 PM »

I'm not following you; are you saying that a chemical weapon isn't considered a chemical weapon solely based on how easy it is to make?

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »

Several people die or are seriously injured by accidentally creating chlorine gas by mixing two readily available household cleaners. So what I mean is that chlorine is so easy to make it doesn't have to be a bug complex operation to make them. Any modern nation fan make chrloine gas, it's not like nerve gas.

Also so what if Saddam had chlorine gas?  So what? It's not a threat to america until we invaded his country to steal its oil. America has nuclear stockpiles, napalm and you just know some CIA or NSA labs have bioweapons squirreled away. Saddam had some chemical weapons anyone in the western world can make. Hell, in my area a guy cleared out a meth house by sneaking up to a window with a fan in it a few years ago, setting a table under it and creating a batch of chlorine gas that got sucked into the house resulting in a lot of meth heads in an ER. The news kept it low key as it was so easy to do they didn't want other people clearing out their own local meth houses.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2018, 11:04:57 PM »

C'mon- Saddam makes Trump look like Jesus F. Christ. The guy was a scumbag.
Of course we're the ones who put Saddam there....but that's another can of worms.... Wink
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:08:31 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »

svengoolie - thats a good point. but before iraq he was good and at least he didn't occupy it. it terms of demeanor though I liked him. Our governor in MA Charlie Baker is like that. moderate republican who keeps himself out of the news.

RC - " No credit to Roosevelt for his policys that pulled us out of the Great Depression? Or defeating the the Nazis?"

the whole reason it was a "Great" depression was because his policies were so bad. and Russia gets most of the credit for defeating the nazis. and why exactly should we celebrate condemning eastern europe to the iron curtain ? the whole thing was a disaster and part and parcel of the bloody, horrible 20th century. millions dead

That is not only wrong- it's WRONG.
The Great Depression started in 1929 with the Stock Market crash. Hoover was President- the things that led up to that crash goes waaay back. So how did Roosevelt cause this?   Question

As far as Russia winning WW2-did Russia drop an Atom Bomb on Japan? Did Russia fight at Normandy? Or  carpet bomb Germany?
Did Russia fight on Iwo Jima? Or liberate France?
Russia protected Russia and took what the Nazi took for there own. That's all f**king Russia did.
 Russia was on Hitler's f**king side before Hitler back-stabbed they're ass!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:28:40 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2018, 12:05:14 AM »

Of course we're the ones who put Saddam there....but that's another can of worms.... Wink

America murdered more Iraqis than saddam hussein did. When asked how many people had died due to his invasion of iraq GWB blinked like a possum in a car;sa headlight, made a completely inaccurate estimate in an offhanded tone and shrugged, as if suprised that anyone would ask him that or even that he'd care enough to know. He admitted to being responsible for about 30,000 deaths in iraq and shrugged about it, even tho that guess of his was low it still shows how he could just blink and shrug at the thought of being responsible for 30.000 Innocent people dying.

GWB made america a war criminal nation, a nation that committed mass murder and robbery of another nation and helped create the islamofascist movement spreading thru the middle east.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2018, 12:17:01 AM »

America murdered more Iraqis than saddam hussein did. When asked how many people had died due to his invasion of iraq GWB blinked like a possum in a car;sa headlight, made a completely inaccurate estimate in an offhanded tone and shrugged, as if suprised that anyone would ask him that or even that he'd care enough to know. He admitted to being responsible for about 30,000 deaths in iraq and shrugged about it, even tho that guess of his was low it still shows how he could just blink and shrug at the thought of being responsible for 30.000 Innocent people dying.

GWB made america a war criminal nation, a nation that committed mass murder and robbery of another nation and helped create the islamofascist movement spreading thru the middle east.

I'm not arguing that Bush Jr. was a f**king imbecile- because I think he was.
I'm just saying I'm glad Hussan is dead. He was a piece of s**t.

Search Bad Movies Off topic political s**tfests to see my opinion on Bush. From when he was President. We got into some heated discussions, to say the least. This has been the 2nd election since I joined this board.
This board always makes me think.
I find many of your arguments valid. I also find many of Indy's arguments valid. And-believe it or not-Lester's arguments valid.
(wait a minute-no I don't. Lester's crazy Still love you, Lester  Wink).
But I don't blindly steer the left or right. I just drive.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:25:25 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2018, 05:36:54 AM »

The vast majority of civilian casualties in Iraq were inflicted either A.  By other Iraqis , B. By foreign fighters who crossed the border to STOP Iraq from building a pro-Western government.

As for stealing their oil, the whole point is we DIDN'T take their oil. 
One of the things that Trump b****ed about during the election cycle.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2018, 10:13:10 AM »

The vast majority of civilian casualties in Iraq were inflicted either A.  By other Iraqis , B. By foreign fighters who crossed the border to STOP Iraq from building a pro-Western government.

the new Iraq isn't going to oppose Iran or support Israel, so if setting up a "pro western" government was the, goal that failed as well

RC-I guess it depends on your view of Hiroshima as to whether that was a good move or not. I didn't say we didn't participate in the european front I think most people would agree we finished the job there, but certainly weren't there for a lot of it. If we hadn't intervened with Operation barbarossa or whatever it was it i'd  guess the russians and germans would have eventually fought themselves out? who knows thuogh

most stock market crashes don't take 15 year to clear themselves up. putting price controls on tailors and slaughtering pigs didn't end it the policies were arbitrary at best.

(wait a minute-no I don't. Lester's crazy Still love you, Lester  Wink).

likewise
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:31:00 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2018, 10:12:06 PM »

The vast majority of civilian casualties in Iraq were inflicted either A.  By other Iraqis , B. By foreign fighters who crossed the border to STOP Iraq from building a pro-Western government.

The people killed in iraq were killed because hussein was removed and authority was eliminated, which lead to anarchy, the US was still guilty of creating that anarchy. THE American invasion of iraq was a war crime and it will forever be a stain on america.

Thankfully the iraq people vehemently resisted america's attempt to rob their nation and caused the effort by bush, cheney and their corporate masters to fail.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2018, 10:14:14 AM »

This is true.
We were protecting our oil interests in Kuwait.
We didn't want to run Iraq- we just didn't want them trying to steal our oil.
Trump thinks we should have taken there oil.
Trump is f**king crazy.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2018, 10:17:26 AM »

And the Bush's are from Texas.
Steal a Texan's oil?  Lookingup
That's suicide.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite President « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.