Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:08:25 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite President « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Favorite President  (Read 15377 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: June 21, 2018, 10:56:43 PM »

My favorite is Lincoln-for obvious reasons.
Second- Franklin Roosevelt.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 11:05:59 PM »

Of all time?  Abraham Lincoln, with Theodore Roosevelt running a close second.
In my own lifetime - Ronald Reagan.  I loved that man and was proud to serve under him.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 01:17:44 AM »

Of all time?  Abraham Lincoln, with Theodore Roosevelt running a close second.
In my own lifetime - Ronald Reagan.  I loved that man and was proud to serve under him.

I figured out  you liked Teddy.  Wink
As far as Reagan goes- back in the day- I hated him.

Now- I wish Reagan was President. And thats saying something. I would welcome Reagan with open arms. I would BEG him to replace Donald Trump. He had principals. Trump has none.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 02:17:26 AM »

I wish I could give you karma for that, Ronnie!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 03:38:39 AM »

Of all time, either teddy or FDR. Both controlled big business because they knew it needed to be controlled for america to survive and succeed.

In my life, Obama. Anyone the right hates that much must be good.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 09:04:33 AM »

In my lifetime? Jimmy Carter. He's a nice man and honest man.
As far as Obama goes. I liked Obama. I just wish he wasn't stonewalled so he could have done more.

Worse President-well, ya know... the moron in office now.
Andrew Jackson.
Andrew Johnson.
Nixon.

I like Teddy R. too. He was a rock star.

No fans of Millard Fillmore out there?  Question  Wink
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:15:49 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 01:52:02 PM »

Fillmore was better than he gets credit for.
Andrew Jackson was not the villain he is often portrayed as; he was purely and simply a man of his time.
Nixon did a lot of good, but it was wiped out by his crimes.
James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, and Andrew Johnson were bloody awful.
Trump may well wind up at the bottom of the heap, but in all honesty, it takes 25 years or more for history to cast its verdict on a Presidency.
That's why our opinions about recent Presidents are just that - opinions. 
The jury is still out.

Underrated all the way around, IMO:  Grover Cleveland.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »

Well, I admire LINCOLN and TEDDY ROOSEVELT and FDR would be my favorite.  In my lifetime?  JIMMY CARTER.  He's a good man. 

James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, and Andrew Johnson... I'd take the worst one over the current clown act. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 04:57:05 PM »

Besides Watergate, he also backed up the McCarthy witch hunts of the 50's.
And prolonging the Vietnam War.

But he did get China to open up to the West- I'll credit him with that.
Though Kissinger likely had more to do with that then Tricky Dick.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »

The difference between Nixon and McCarthy is that Nixon actually caught a REAL communist spy, Alger Hiss, who was a very high-ranking official in the State Dept.  Stalin had managed to infiltrate every branch of the military and every single department in the executive branch by the end of World War II - that's a matter of record now.  McCarthy launched his fake witch-hunt for imaginary Communists because he was jealous of the acclaim Nixon had earned for catching a real one.

Nixon ended the Vietnam War; that was his plan from the start, but he didn't want to scramble out completely, all at once, and abandon our ally.  He did his best to make sure South Vietnam would be able to stand on its own, but then Congress violated the terms of our withdrawal and cut ALL aid to South Vietnam.  When the NVA made their last big push, SV was unable to stand, in the end.  They were a weak, corrupt ally, but they were our ally, and Nixon tried hard to do right by them.

All water under the bridge now, of course, a topic for historical debate rather than heated argument.  But it is worth remembering, amid all the bad he did, that Nixon was a remarkably intelligent and accomplished man whose greatest crime was cheating to win an election he was going to win anyway.  It was completely unnecessary, but his paranoia and anger at his political enemies got the best of him, and he destroyed himself.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »

The difference between Nixon and McCarthy is that Nixon actually caught a REAL communist spy, Alger Hiss, who was a very high-ranking official in the State Dept.  Stalin had managed to infiltrate every branch of the military and every single department in the executive branch by the end of World War II - that's a matter of record now.  McCarthy launched his fake witch-hunt for imaginary Communists because he was jealous of the acclaim Nixon had earned for catching a real one.

Nixon ended the Vietnam War; that was his plan from the start, but he didn't want to scramble out completely, all at once, and abandon our ally.  He did his best to make sure South Vietnam would be able to stand on its own, but then Congress violated the terms of our withdrawal and cut ALL aid to South Vietnam.  When the NVA made their last big push, SV was unable to stand, in the end.  They were a weak, corrupt ally, but they were our ally, and Nixon tried hard to do right by them.

All water under the bridge now, of course, a topic for historical debate rather than heated argument.  But it is worth remembering, amid all the bad he did, that Nixon was a remarkably intelligent and accomplished man whose greatest crime was cheating to win an election he was going to win anyway.  It was completely unnecessary, but his paranoia and anger at his political enemies got the best of him, and he destroyed himself.

I ain't gonna argue with a history teacher.  Smile
There are many more reasons I think Nixon was despicable-but I won't go into that.
But those are my personal feelings about him.
Like you said- its a matter of opinion.

Question for you, Indy.
Didn't Reagan start out as a Democrat in his early years?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 06:09:59 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 06:18:19 PM »

Yes he did!  He was a strong supporter of FDR in the 30's, but then after the war he saw the Democrat party trending further to the left than he was comfortable with, and he became more and more conservative.
He liked to say: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party, it left me!"
But to his credit, his politics rarely got personal.  He maintained warm friendships with people on both sides of the aisle, even when they fought epic battles over policy.  Even his political rivals generally conceded that Reagan was a genuinely nice guy who loved his country dearly.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 06:31:47 PM »

I hate all the presidents.  lincoln started a war that killed 600,000 americans almost all of whom had nothing to do with slavery. great problem solver there

roosevelt gets credit for ending prohibition, but honestly the best president was bush 1. you forgot he was there. we need more mediocre bueaurcrat presidents less "visionaries" leave that to the private sector
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 06:38:29 PM »

I hate all the presidents.  lincoln started a war that killed 600,000 americans almost all of whom had nothing to do with slavery. great problem solver there

I don't believe he "started" the war. The war started itself.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 06:42:04 PM »

roosevelt gets credit for ending prohibition, but honestly the best president was bush 1. you forgot he was there. we need more mediocre bueaurcrat presidents less "visionaries" leave that to the private sector

Hmmm, let's see.....wasn't he the wimp that got us into iraq after it abosrbed the family ran oil corporation called kuwaite? How was that our business?

Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator and a mass murderer but he did keep the radical islamofascists out of iraq. After the shrub took him out it opened up the middle east to islamoifascist groups like ISIS.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite President « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.