Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:33:58 PM
714382 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  David Cage « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: David Cage  (Read 2455 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 26, 2018, 07:20:59 AM »

David Cage is... interesting.

For those unaware David Cage and his company Quantic Dreams were responsible for Omikron: The Nomad Soul, Indigo Prophecy, Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls (Enough with the goddamn colons), and most famously Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain is largely considered to be his best game. By best game I mean his least stupid. The man is incredibly pretentious and all of his games are terrible to the point of being laughable.
Many people excitedly await what turd he plans to excrete onto the world next just so they can have a gas making fun of it. Yet, the critics still pile praise onto everything he makes.
I've been saying some nasty things about Cage so far but I definitely wouldn't call him and his company lazy, cynical, hacks like EA or Konami. No, I'd just call them hacks.

While the games never make any sense from a narrative standpoint you can tell that he's trying his absolute hardest. Problem is that he doesn't know how to write. Or rather he only knows
how to write the same thing over and over again.

Here's a game of "David Cage Bingo" about his newest game Detroit: Become Human:

He also had an extremely embarrassing fiasco not too long before he released his newest game. The Quantic Dreams offices were accused of being
extremely homophobic and harassing gay employees. I'm not saying this makes David a homophobe, I don't even have the full story. However the way he defended himself
was hilariously ill conceived.

"I am not 'an 'omophobe! I know Ellen Page!" (Paraphrase)

1) Ellen Page didn't come out as a lesbian until AFTER Beyond: Two Souls.
2) She threatened to sue you when somebody found an unused model of her naked in the game data because it violates her "no nudity" clause so I doubt that you're friends.
3) You're not exempt from being called homophobic just because you knew a gay person once. Geeze.

Either way I have no idea if David is a nice guy but I know he's not a good artist. But hey, I'm still excited for his next game.

Beyond The: Colon That: Two Colons: :::::::::::::
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:26:37 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 12:08:57 PM »

OT
ADHD
Small | Large

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 07:09:26 AM »

Funny video, but what do you mean by "OT ADHD"?

LilCerberus

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 01:01:35 PM »

Off Topic
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
 BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 05:08:29 PM »

Off Topic
 BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle Twirling
Umm... Yeah. This is the "Off Topic Discussion" board.
I feel like I'm not getting a joke here.
 Question

LilCerberus

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 07:14:14 PM »

Off Topic
Umm... Yeah. This is the "Off Topic Discussion" board.
I feel like I'm not getting a joke here.
 Question

(Ahem) Sorry about that....
When I said OT (Off Topic), I was implying that it would be deviating from from your original post. In other words, it was a sort of "advanced apology" for talking about something other than David Cage.

ADHD is a learning disability I have that can cause me to become drastically unfocused. (Google it.)
Basically, when you mentioned "Omikron: The Nomad Soul" in the first line of the title post, my disjointed mind snapped back to this little gem i saw at a local film club a few years ago.

Nine Ninety Nine by Space Camp Video sticks out in my mind for several reasons.
After the show, I approached the director & offered my services for re dubbing the dialog, as well as capturing live audio on future projects. He was strangely offended.
Also, I got to work Auriel Van Buren a year or two later on a film that got canned... And, well, getting canned sticks with any actor....

So, I hope that sums it up....
At least, a little bit.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 09:19:50 PM »

Oh. Ok.
Yeah, I know what ADHD is, I have it.

I didn't perceive the video as being off topic since it relates to a David Cage game.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  David Cage « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.