Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:51:00 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst kaiju movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Worst kaiju movie?  (Read 13689 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 27, 2018, 02:10:55 PM »

Ok this is a hard one. I mean talk about a target rich environment....

I mean there was repticilicus. But even it had a certain B movie charm to it. Even if the kaiju is arguable worse than the one in "the giant claw".

Godzilla vs megalon....Yeah, that killed godzilla for a long time. Pretty bad.

If I just go by the simple metric of "Which kaiju movie would I least like to see again?" I think it goes down to "Gamera super monster." Oh, lord, that one was so bad the dvd should come with a link to a list of low cost therapists around the world... I mean this was sooo bad I don't even want to watch it again.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 04:42:09 PM »

What was that one where Gamera goes to outer space & meets that monster that shoots shurikens out of it's nostrils?.....
Gamera; He can breath fire & fly, but flip him over on his back, & he's screwed....

And that one where they introduce baby Godzilla, and it was all a daydream some kid was having.....

And what's up with the multiple confusing names for the American Versions?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 05:43:07 PM »

I think Godzilla's Revenge will probably forever be known as one of the worst of the Godzilla films. Half of it was re-used footage from other films, it's storyline was cheesy even for a daikaiju film, and worst of all; it had that wretched baby Godzilla (Minya) - and it talked! Although, for me, it was one of those film experiences where it's so absolutely terrible that I was actually entertained by it, so I'm not sure.

I'm not sure if this counts as a kaiju movie, but there was this film called Monster that was basically a cheap knockoff of the Cloverfield movie, except you never actually see the monster (minus a tentacle that appears for maybe a half-second). It was slow and boring, I don't have any desire to see it again.

There was also that trilogy of shorts called Assault! Armor Jack. It's not really a movie, but boy, talk about having low budget. The hero has two bendy rubber swords and a wig that keeps flipping over so you can see the actor's head under it, and the monsters look like someone took a quick visit to a Halloween store and decided to mash some things together. There also seems to be no tangible plot. However, in its defense, it was made as a promotional "series" by an obscure toy company who I'm pretty sure didn't have much of a budget anyway, and it actually is fairly entertaining, even if there is no real plot.

Again, not sure if this qualifies as a "kaiju" (certainly not a daikaiju), and I probably mentioned this for like the umpteenth time now, but I absolutely hate Humanoids from the Deep. Monsters should never do... that, especially not to a person, it's just gratuitous and vulgar. I'd rather watch Heartbeeps three times in a row.

On top of that, there was also the Indian film Gogola that was so bad that it's now "lost" (iirc their film archive still has it but doesn't want to share the footage with anyone, as with most of them).
You can see what "Gogola" looked like here:

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 07:00:45 PM »

Oh ghawd, I'd forgotten Godzilla's revenge. Yes it may be about as bad as gamera super monster, but ironically it was Godzilla vs megalon that killed the series for a long time. Figure that one out... Lookingup

As for humanoids from the deep, hey, it just delivered what creature from the black lagoon implied. I mean what do you think it wanted with that hot brunette? Cave cleaning and sandwhich making?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 07:03:03 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 08:35:06 PM »

I think Godzilla's Revenge will probably forever be known as one of the worst of the Godzilla films. Half of it was re-used footage from other films, it's storyline was cheesy even for a daikaiju film, and worst of all; it had that wretched baby Godzilla (Minya) - and it talked! Although, for me, it was one of those film experiences where it's so absolutely terrible that I was actually entertained by it, so I'm not sure.

Maybe the only traditional Godzilla film where I'd rather watch Godzilla '98 instead.  I've mellowed on my opinion of '98 and joined the "Its a bad Godzilla movie, but its a watchable monster movie"  crowd.  It wouldn't be  half as hated if they called the monster something else.  Plus it gave us the excellent Godzilla: TAS

Pacific Rim: Uprising was a big disappointment for me.  It made just about every mistake and bad decision a sequel could make.  I plan on making a thread about once I really get my thoughts together about it.  Not the worse, but considering the money behind it...

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pacman000
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 09:12:31 AM »

On top of that, there was also the Indian film Gogola that was so bad that it's now "lost" (iirc their film archive still has it but doesn't want to share the footage with anyone, as with most of them).
You can see what "Gogola" looked like here:

D'wall... He's kinda cute.  BounceGiggle Wouldn't be too surprised if whatever's in the Indian film archive's too decomposed to be usable. Hope that's not the case & it is released someday.

If we're listing films we've never seen, I'll add Thunder of Gigantic Serpent (https://letterboxd.com/film/thunder-of-gigantic-serpent/) and The Mighty Gorga (http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmc/reviews/133-the-mighty-gorga-1969-85-minutes.html).

Restricted to films I have seen, I might suggest Jurassic Predator (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5001456/). Right now IMdB rates this movie as a 5.5, which seems too high; the movie lacks style, & 90% of the T-Rex's shots are from the same angle.  Thumbdown
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 09:17:37 AM »

I would have to go with the MIGHTY GORGA or ONE MILLION AC/DC. Both are mind-boggling bad.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »

Ah, yes, Gorga and Mozler the giant rubber snake are great candidates for "worst kaiju" as well. Forgot about the latter one, I need to see if I can find that movie again.

Another good bad one is Yonggary: Monster of the Deep, and even worse, its sequel Reptilian (aka Yonggary) which is basically a huge dose of really bad CGI overload.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the original Yonggary and his sequel counterpart (notice how one is all rubber and the other is all computer effects?):

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 10:16:07 AM »

Ah, yes, Gorga and Mozler the giant rubber snake are great candidates for "worst kaiju" as well. Forgot about the latter one, I need to see if I can find that movie again.

Another good bad one is Yonggary: Monster of the Deep, and even worse, its sequel Reptilian (aka Yonggary) which is basically a huge dose of really bad CGI overload.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the original Yonggary and his sequel counterpart (notice how one is all rubber and the other is all computer effects?):

Gimme the rubber Yonggrry any day.
I actually kind of like that movie. Right in the middle of the film, Yonggary starts dancing to rock and roll music!

Or maybe I'm thinking of Gappa?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pacman000
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 10:41:04 AM »

No, it's Yongarry:

! No longer available Small | Large

Fun movie, but silly. Probably a candidate for this thread. Are we going for "unwatchable bad," or "goofy bad?"

If memory serves, the remake was directed by the same guy who made D-War:

! No longer available Small | Large

Also pretty bad, tho I enjoyed it. :)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »

I will agree that GODZILLA'S REVENGE is almost unwatchable for anyone above the age of 10.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 11:27:19 AM »

I will agree that GODZILLA'S REVENGE is almost unwatchable for anyone above the age of 10.

This is true, still gamera super monster was pretty horribly bad too.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 02:51:01 PM »

I always get Yonggary mixed up with Pulgasarri for some reason.  I don't know why. 

Still, it deserves a spot on this list itself, if for no other reason than the director was kidnapped and brought to North Korea to make it, it and several other movies anyway. 
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 05:50:49 PM »

What was that one where Gamera goes to outer space & meets that monster that shoots shurikens out of it's nostrils?.....
Gamera; He can breath fire & fly, but flip him over on his back, & he's screwed....

And that one where they introduce baby Godzilla, and it was all a daydream some kid was having.....

And what's up with the multiple confusing names for the American Versions?

Gamera vs Guiron is the one you are looking for.

As for worst Kaiju flick, I will go with Gamera vs Barugon, since it barely has Gamera in it. at least from the ones I have watched.

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 07:18:47 PM »

I've only really seen two Gamera flicks, and they both have the same name; Destroy All Planets & Destroy All Monsters, and that's why I keep getting them confused....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst kaiju movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.