Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:36:01 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst kaiju movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Worst kaiju movie?  (Read 13687 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2018, 07:46:08 PM »

Anyone heard of The Giant Brine Shrimp (1973)? I guess it's a stop-motion film that was made as a homage to Ray Harryhausen's older films. As the name would imply, there is a giant brine shrimp (or "sea monkey" as they used to call them) and it goes around killing people, only to be stopped by the power of... a giant seagull?  Question  TeddyR

! No longer available Small | Large

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »

Okay, NOW I get it!
I keep confusing Destroy All Monsters with Destroy All Planets, which I keep confusing with Attack Of The Monsters!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »

Okay, NOW I get it!
I keep confusing Destroy All Monsters with Destroy All Planets, which I keep confusing with Attack Of The Monsters!
I KNOW DESTROY ALL MONSTER. I love that movie!
But Gamera movies-yeah- I know I seen Gamera in DESTROY ALL PLANETS- was that ATTACK OF THE MONSTERS, or was the SON OF GODZILLA?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2018, 09:49:37 PM »

Okay, NOW I get it!

Yeah, those names can get pretty confusing. Much easier to just use the alternative names for the last two (Gamera vs. Viras and Gamera vs. Guiron) and that Destroy All Monsters is the one with Godzilla and his pals from Monster Island ganging up on King Ghidorah.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2018, 10:02:37 PM »

Okay, NOW I get it!

Yeah, those names can get pretty confusing. Much easier to just use the alternative names for the last two (Gamera vs. Viras and Gamera vs. Guiron) and that Destroy All Monsters is the one with Godzilla and his pals from Monster Island ganging up on King Ghidorah.

But is DESTROY ALL PLANETS  the same movie as ATTACK OF THE MONSTERS?
Or was that an alternative title for SON OF GODZILLA? Because SON OF GODZILLA had lotsa titles too.
Confuses the f**k outta me.  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2018, 10:20:26 PM »

But are Son OF Godzilla & Godzilla's Revenge different movies, or the same movie with different titles?

Okay, but I've figured out that Destroy All Monsters is a Godzilla flick, not a Gamera flick, Destroy All Planets is the one with the men in black & the spaceship made outa beach balls, and Attack Of The Monsters is the one with the two chicks in silver leotards & the monster that shoots shurikens out of it's nostrils....

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2018, 10:27:14 PM »

Odd, but I've been thinking lately, with all the hubbub over global warming, the ozone layer, garbage islands in the pacific, it's been a few years since I last saw Godzilla Vs The Smog Monster.............

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2018, 10:38:48 PM »

Okay, NOW I get it!

But is DESTROY ALL PLANETS  the same movie as ATTACK OF THE MONSTERS?
Or was that an alternative title for SON OF GODZILLA? Because SON OF GODZILLA had lotsa titles too.
Confuses the f**k outta me.  Question

To my knowledge, "Destroy All Planets" is the alternative name for "Gamera vs. Viras", and "Attack of the Monsters" was used for "Gamera vs. Guiron". I don't know if it was used for Son of Godzilla or not, but I wouldn't be surprised going by how often those movies get re-dubbed over and over with new titles. But yeah, it's confusing as hell.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2018, 11:25:34 AM »

Attack from Beneth  the Pacific Rim mock-buster from The Asylum.

Yes..I know... its an Asylum mock-buster so I shouldn't be expecting that much.  But I mentioned on another thread here that the film seemed to be aware of ideas that could have improved its story.  Like the main hero possibly being an alcoholic, another characters PTSD, unreliable equipment.   It constantly brings in ideas of how the story could go-but their forgotten by the next scene.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2018, 09:54:45 PM »

Attack from Beneth  the Pacific Rim mock-buster from The Asylum.

Yes..I know... its an Asylum mock-buster so I shouldn't be expecting that much.  But I mentioned on another thread here that the film seemed to be aware of ideas that could have improved its story.  Like the main hero possibly being an alcoholic, another characters PTSD, unreliable equipment.   It constantly brings in ideas of how the story could go-but their forgotten by the next scene.

Oh god, is that the one where the robots use giant fly-swatters on the monsters that use stock roar sounds? Yeah, that movie was terrible, even for a mockbuster.

I think the original name for it was actually Atlantic Rim, just in case you didn't notice the fact that it's a blatant ripoff of Pacific Rim already.  BounceGiggle

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »

As far as regular monsters goes, it's hard to beat The Creeping Terror. The Creature From The Haunted Sea was made ugly on purpose as the movie is supposed to be a horror comedy.

yeah no.
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2018, 10:08:18 PM »

As far as regular monsters goes, it's hard to beat The Creeping Terror. The Creature From The Haunted Sea was made ugly on purpose as the movie is supposed to be a horror comedy.

Would this do it? (The Phantom Planet (1961))

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2018, 11:10:17 PM »

Richard Kiel's first movie role.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2018, 06:28:15 AM »

Hard to say since I haven't seen it yet, but I'm going to say that the Creeping Terror gets it. Tbh I see a little bit of the Flatwoods Monster in it, don't ask me how.

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2018, 10:29:23 AM »

the creeping terror was just to bad to enjoy IMO.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst kaiju movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.