Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:49:52 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What thing have you owned the longest? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What thing have you owned the longest?  (Read 5551 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: June 29, 2018, 10:18:15 PM »

Ya know- besides the scar you got when you were 5.
I mean THING. Stuff. Ya know.

I have a cast iron squirrel bank I've had since 1970. I found it in the attic of the old farmhouse we moved into. I still keep pennies in it.
It's been through hell. I had to Gorilla Glue the base back on, because the steal is actually eroding and cracking.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 11:39:51 PM »

I don't normally keep stuff for too terribly long-- sentimental value and all that other b.s. doesn't usually jive with me-- but I've got old sets of baseball, basketball and football cards that I almost completed from around 1990 or so.  Pro Set Football, Upper Deck Baseball, and Hoops Basketball.  That's probably my oldest possession.  Got some old valuable sports cards I got a little later.  Other stuff I lose or it gets moldy or cobwebby and I just toss it.  I generally don't keep old stuff.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 11:40:13 PM »

The house had been empty since sometime in the 50's, so in the GIANT upstairs bedroom me and my older brother Mike shared, was an old toy chest with cast iron soldiers, an old school desk, which had a drawer on the bottom packed with old 1950's Superman, Jimmy Olsen, Batman, and  some old Atlas monster comics. In the attic Dad found and old pea coat with a Carson City silver dollar, I found my squerril bank and a chalk skull shaped candle holder (!) and my Teddy Bear- who I named Eddy.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 11:40:52 PM »

Probably a couple of Hot Wheels cars that I got since 96/97.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 11:43:21 PM »

I don't normally keep stuff for too terribly long-- sentimental value and all that other b.s. doesn't usually jive with me-- but I've got old sets of baseball, basketball and football cards that I almost completed from around 1990 or so.  Pro Set Football, Upper Deck Baseball, and Hoops Basketball.  That's probably my oldest possession.  Got some old valuable sports cards I got a little later.  Other stuff I lose or it gets moldy or cobwebby and I just toss it.  I generally don't keep old stuff.

I keep s**t if I can. I have furniture since 1989, because I had it when the kids were born, and it's in good shape. And most of that was made in the 1940's or earlier.  I mean like my shelves and wooden chairs. Couches and beds- nah. I'm talking china cabinets or old chest of drawers.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 11:47:34 PM »

Oh- I keep certain books too.
Actually, all the books. I have to have my libarey for my kids.
If the wanna sell 'em. Fine. There's some first editions there.  Thumbup
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:49:57 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 11:53:02 PM »

Heh... probably a couple of Halloween plastic buckets from 45 years ago... but I have older photos...  and I have the Teddy bear that one day my father ran after the garbage truck yelling "Don't take Teddy...!!"  I guess I was about 5... meaning over 50 years ago!  I'd left my Teddy the afternoon before on top of the garbage can...   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 11:55:57 PM »

Heh... probably a couple of Halloween plastic buckets from 45 years ago... but I have older photos...  and I have the Teddy bear that one day my father ran after the garbage truck yelling "Don't take Teddy...!!"  I guess I was about 5... meaning over 50 years ago!  I'd left my Teddy the afternoon before on top of the garbage can...   Smile

A teddy Bear since you were 5. That predates the bank I have since I was 8 in 1970!
So that would have been about 1967! Holy s**t!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 12:00:43 AM »

Ever since I was born, I was always wrapped in this cozy (and extremely comfortable) red feather-filled quilt and I still use it to this day. Although, most of the feathers squeezed their way through the fabric so it could certainly use a re-fill at this point. I'll always treasure it though, even if it's just a quilt.  TeddyR

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 12:06:06 AM »

Ever since I was born, I was always wrapped in this cozy (and extremely comfortable) red feather-filled quilt and I still use it to this day. Although, most of the feathers squeezed their way through the fabric so it could certainly use a re-fill at this point. I'll always treasure it though, even if it's just a quilt.  TeddyR
I have a homemade quilt for about 30 years. I don't know how old it is.  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 12:10:47 AM »

A teddy Bear since you were 5. That predates the bank I have since I was 8 in 1970!
So that would have been about 1967! Holy s**t!
Older... for one thing, he was old when he got left behind... outside the back door... about 20 miles, eh yards (feet) away... 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 12:18:04 AM »

Than you've had it, like, always?
That's cool. No, the oldest thing I've owned is that squrill bank from 1970. But I still have s**t from the 80's and on.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 03:23:24 AM »

I have a book that I was given when I was born that had been my granddads It's called the 'The Boys & Girls Book Of 1937', although I guess it is now Ash's and no longer mine.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 04:24:35 AM »

I have my first toy I ever got: the day my folks adopted me officially, Dad bought me a bear which I still have and that means I've had it 50 years.

It always goes with me on a trip.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 04:34:41 AM »

I have a carved wooden giraffe statue from Africa that our neighbor, who was a merchant sailor, gave me when I was 5.  So that would be from about 1969.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What thing have you owned the longest? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.