Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:39:21 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I was WRONG. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I was WRONG.  (Read 2962 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: July 01, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »

I usta say BAD MOVIES.ORG is dying.
I hardly think so. I did- but I was wrong.
the Classic Horror Film Board has less activity than we do! And they NEVER had a Mother Site. And Universal Army never had a site. But it's about dead. Stomp Tokyo is a walking dead site.  Actually, as far as forums go- we got one of the last VERY active sites around!
(Ya know- B Movie sites)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 07:56:10 PM »

Good for us! 

Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 08:31:37 PM »

I think this is one of the few remaining active B-Movie forum sites that don't suffer from having an extremely toxic community (like TohoKingdom or Wikia do). This is and has been one of the only places I can really go to where at least a few others share the same common interests that I do, and everyone here is usually extremely kind and welcoming, which I'll always be grateful for.

The only thing that I'm disappointed by is the fact that despite the site still having a hugely active forum to this day, the owner seems to have no interest in updating it as far as reviews and other news-related things go. I've yet to see much evidence that he even tends to the site anymore, as there haven't even been any updates in the last five or so years. I understand perfectly well that not everyone has the time (or maybe even the money) to maintain and dedicate themselves to a website for this long (which is typically why most website owners grant access to trusted administrators), but it's still a shame that as far as I know, there have been no updates to the site at all in the last half-decade.

So, while the actual main feature of the website (the reviews, etc.) is practically dead at the hands of the website's owner, the forum here is still thriving completely, with dedicated B-Movie fans, veterans, and even intrigued newcomers still interacting with each other like no tomorrow. Maybe this site isn't the most active compared to "big" media sites like Tumblr, Facebook, or DeviantArt, but at this point, maybe that's a good thing. The modern-day online community could potentially put a normally peaceful and harmonious site like this in danger of toxicity, and no one wants that.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »

I think when a site becomes to big- it becomes not a community but a city- like NY or LA. f**k that.
As far as why those other smaller sites are dying- I think it's because  we got chemistry.We argue- but we're family.
Were like a hometown.  Smile

Ugh! I'm starting to sound like a After School Special!  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 09:06:31 PM »

I know a lot of people have left smaller forums for things like reddit, but I can't stand that.  There's no personality there and far too many people.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 09:35:27 PM »

I think this is one of the few remaining active B-Movie forum sites that don't suffer from having an extremely toxic community (like  Maybe this site isn't the most active compared to "big" media sites like Tumblr, Facebook, or DeviantArt, but at this point, maybe that's a good thing. The modern-day online community could potentially put a normally peaceful and harmonious site like this in danger of toxicity, and no one wants that.
We most certainly have our differences . I know I stormed out the door once or twice.
We're not immune to the world. It's hard to avoid. This world ain't just  3 channels on TV and the newspaper like it was in the 60's and 70's.
I think that polarization has been always there. You just hear about it 24-7 now. But I bet they thought that of radio to, during the 1930's It spread Nationalism like wildfire. That was in Germany and Italy and Japan. And Nationalism is what going on in this country right now.

But I always come back here.
When it IS gone- I'm gonna have bad withdrawals! (If I'm still alive, ya know. My health is awful! I could kick the bucket anyday! I f I quit posting here before it is cancelled- you know I died. Wink)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:39:55 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 09:54:58 PM »

I think this is one of the few remaining active B-Movie forum sites that don't suffer from having an extremely toxic community (like  Maybe this site isn't the most active compared to "big" media sites like Tumblr, Facebook, or DeviantArt, but at this point, maybe that's a good thing. The modern-day online community could potentially put a normally peaceful and harmonious site like this in danger of toxicity, and no one wants that.
We most certainly have our differences . I know I stormed out the door once or twice.
We're not immune to the world. It's hard to avoid. This world ain't just  3 channels on TV and the newspaper like it was in the 60's and 70's.
I think that polarization has been always there. You just hear about it 24-7 now. But I bet they thought that of radio to, during the 1930's It spread Nationalism like wildfire. That was in Germany and Italy and Japan. And Nationalism is what going on in this country right now.

When it IS gone- I'm gonna have bad withdrawals! (If I'm still alive, ya know. My health is awful! I could kick the bucket anyday! I f I quit posting here before it is cancelled- you know I died. Wink)
Tiana wouldn't inform me?   Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »

Yeah- she would. I'll have to give her your number. That's a good idea.  I'm gonna do that.
Your a genius!   Cheers

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 10:20:15 PM »

Yeah- she would. I'll have to give her your number. That's a good idea.  I'm gonna do that.
Your a genius!   Cheers
z'okay.  I still won't go to your funeral.   Thumbup Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 10:22:52 PM »

Funeral? I won't give a f**k if they throw my body in a ditch. I'll be dead!  Wink

I am NOT scared of going to hell. And heaven sounds boring as f**k.  Twirling

I'd much rather just be dead.  Cheers
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 10:29:18 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 05:23:49 PM »

we'll just have you mummified, ronny. then you can be a prop in bad movies forever how's that? TongueOut
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 12:42:57 AM »

we'll just have you mummified, ronny. then you can be a prop in bad movies forever how's that? TongueOut

Sounds like a plan!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 12:56:13 AM »

If there is a Pearly Gate- this is what I'm going to say-
"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"
Then I'll get my ass kicked by God and go to Hell.
It will be worth it.  Drink

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:11:57 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pacman000
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 04:44:18 PM »

I don't know; burning forever doesn't seem like a fair trade for a joke that's been done before.

! No longer available Small | Large

I miss StompTokyo; the site's completely down now. They had some great reviews. The forum, I believe, is still up, but their forum host was bought out by Tapatalk. Tapatalk is too slow for my tastes, so I no longer go there.  Bluesad
316zombie
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 06:15:41 PM »

If there is a Pearly Gate- this is what I'm going to say-
"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"
Then I'll get my ass kicked by God and go to Hell.
It will be worth it.  Drink

http://youtu.be/VqomZQMZQCQ

of course it will be worth it, all of your friends will be there, lol!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I was WRONG. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.