Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:48:06 AM
714333 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What do you drink? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What do you drink?  (Read 7400 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: July 05, 2018, 07:54:48 PM »

And I ain't talking soda pop!
If you drink-name your poison?

Mine-depends. If my $ is low- I go for Ten High Whiskey or Canada House. If I'm good in the pocket, I'll buy Black Velvet. If I'm really
broke I buy rot-gut Arrow Gin or Vodka.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »

I almost never drink.  I'll maybe have what others would call "p*ss beer" when I'm in the hot tub.  I don't care-- I want my beer LIGHT.

If I'm at a bar and someone demands to buy me a drink I'll throw down some Wild Turkey to warm me up.  Or if I'm gonna be at the bar for a while and PBR is cheap I may have a little.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 11:00:21 PM »

I drink red wine, particularly Cabarnet Sauvignon.  I also like Pinot Noir and Shiraz and Malbec, probably any red that's not sweet... however, I don't like Merlot unless there's nothing else to drink.  The Cabarnet Sauvignon I drink comes in a BOX that costs about $18 and has 5 liters which is about 3 and a third big bottles (1.5 liter).  You can expect to pay around $10 for an "inexpensive" red wine in a 1.5 liter bottle. 

I'll drink beer, but not a fan. 

I don't drink cocktails anymore; except I'll drink Martinis.  And though I've had rotgut gin, I like gin.  The better the gin is, the more I like it.   I went into a bar and ordered a martini and the ... "lady" ... behind the bar picked up the vodka... I said: "I ordered a martini" she replied "everybody wants a vodka martini..."  I hadn't realized when one orders a martini, one had best be clear and state "GIN" martini.   Lookingup  Hatred

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 02:13:33 AM »

And I ain't talking soda pop!
If you drink-name your poison?

Mine-depends. If my $ is low- I go for Ten High Whiskey or Canada House. If I'm good in the pocket, I'll buy Black Velvet. If I'm really
broke I buy rot-gut Arrow Gin or Vodka.

Apart from a rare beer, I don't touch hard liquor, not even wine or champagne.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 03:27:27 AM »

Bottled ales, craft beers, whisky (both single malt and blends). I am completely ignoring the current craze for gin that seems to be sweeping the UK.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 05:48:07 AM »

Usually Jom Beam for whiskey. My dad has a bunch of rum, but I do love Bumbo rum over ice. I mainly drink at the bar that has cocktails. I mainly stick to whiskey , and tequila drinks.

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 09:02:27 AM »

usually malt liquor ( Steel reserve ,King Cobra) with a watery light beer after like bud light lime.

Occasionally I drink fancy belgian ales like delerium tremens or imperial stout type things. If I'm at a bar I'll order a guiness or something.

I don't like bitter hoppy sort of beers which is most american ones
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:45:19 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 09:45:46 AM »

Mead. I drink it ice cold with about 50% water.  I have still never been drunk though, I just really like the taste.  It's like concentrated honey, but when water is added it's almost like a light apple cider without the apple flavor.  After 2 glasses I start to feel like it might be too much.  I don't really drink anything else unless it's something tasty and even then I will only have a bit.  I have no desire to drink something that tastes like crap to make me act like a buffoon and then feel like crap later.  If I'm going to lose my cool, it better be from something really good.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 01:04:09 PM »

Beer here!

I don't really have a "brand loyalty" when it comes to beer. I'm always trying new/different things. I tend to stick mostly to lagers/pilsners, tho. I don't care for stouts or other  dark/bitter beers.

I'm also not a fan of these super expensive micro-thingies that are made with cinnamon and orange peels and peanut butter and whatever other nonsense hipsters jam into the brew tank to make it "gourmet." Just gimme a friggin beer.

When people ask what my favorite beer is, my standard answer is "When I can afford it, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. When I can't, Old Milwaukee."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
316zombie
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 01:35:50 PM »

mostly cheap 3.2 beer, right now it's hamm's. for hard liquor, it's a vodka margarita or a vodka sour. can't stand whiskey or rum, and i got tired of gin.
  once in a blue moon, i like a nice leibfromilch(sp?) , but no champagne or red wine.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »

For many years I was almost exclusively a scotch drinker (Johnnie Walker Black was my "every day" brand . . . but I would keep a bottle or two of single malt on hand for special "sipping" occasions).

Several years ago, I acquired a taste for martinis (which is strange because I hated gin all my life). So, now, I drink Bombay Sapphire martinis much more often than I drink scotch.

My wife (who is from Brazil) introduced me to Caipirinhas about 25 years ago. If made properly, they are delicious, refreshing and will knock you on your ass. If made poorly, they don't taste very good.

In my younger years, I went through a couple different phases (tequila for a year or two, Jim Beam for a year or two).

When I'm in the mood for a shot, it's usually Sambuca.

I also drink beer and wine and definitely Margaritas when I have Mexican food.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 06:07:52 PM »

liebfraumilch : "love mother's milk" (inflective common use)

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 06:59:52 PM »

The Red death.

https://mixthatdrink.com/red-death/

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »

From 1980 until 1984, I drank beer. At the time PBR was cheap. But cheaper was some nasty s**t called Huber.
In upstate NY in 1979, I drank Rolling Rock, I think it was called? Had and an Angel or Fairy on a rock on the label?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 09:38:25 PM »

From 1980 until 1984, I drank beer. At the time PBR was cheap. But cheaper was some nasty s**t called Huber.
In upstate NY in 1979, I drank Rolling Rock, I think it was called? Had and an Angel or Fairy on a rock on the label?
Thinking of this?  That's White Rock. 

I drink Rolling Rock, yes it's made in NJ now, but was in PA. 

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What do you drink? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.