Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:28:32 PM
714382 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What do you drink? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What do you drink?  (Read 7415 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »

I used to be almost entirely a beer drinker. Now I am drinking more bourbon (on the rocks, usually).

I will still have a Guinness Draught most nights before bed.

I want to get more into making cocktails. I've sort of adopted the American Beauty (equal parts OJ, grenadine, brandy, and vermouth, with a splash oif Creme de Menthe) as my "signature" cocktail. It's easy to make, tasty, and mildly impressive to company.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
316zombie
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »

liebfraumilch : "love mother's milk" (inflective common use)
thank you, i knew i was spelling it wrong! brain fart, you know.
316zombie
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »

have you found a good copy of the" bible" for bartender's i recommended yet, rev?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 02:03:32 PM »

have you found a good copy of the" bible" for bartender's i recommended yet, rev?

I ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet. Mr. Boston is not publishing a hard copy of the book anymore, they are just operating on the web, but I want something to hold.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 06:58:15 PM »

These are also called "Laser Beams" in some bars. I drank a lot of these over a period of a couple of years. They go down smooth. I still ask for them occasionally, but I find that many bartenders aren't familiar with them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 04:50:06 AM »

Bottled ales, craft beers, whisky (both single malt and blends). I am completely ignoring the current craze for gin that seems to be sweeping the UK.

Rum is the new gin, I hear...

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 06:33:58 AM »

This is the main bar that I go to. I avoid the gin drinks since I don't like the taste of gin. I usually get a Sazerac Royale, Sheilavsit, Cafe Creole, Brandy Milk Punch, or an End of the Road
https://revelcafeandbar.com/menu/drink-menu

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »

Mostly beer and whiskey, although I'll get the occasional bottle of rum or tequila for home and that can last me as I don't drink them often unless it's a holiday.

As far as beer, I've a few go-to's:
Bud Light- a lot of people hate it for some reason, but I like it the most over others
Natty Ice--a case of 30 goes for like $13 here or some insanely low price.  It's frozen at some point, so there's a tad more alcohol in it (6.0% abv compared to most light beers 4.0%)
Yuengling--Not sure if this is a nationally known brand, but I live outside Philly and this is produced in Pottstown, PA.  They have an ice cream, too.

Whiskey, I stick to Jameson for the most part, although I do like Jack Daniels.  

Green Tea shot--I don't know if anyone here has had it.  It's Jameson, Peach Schnapps, Sprite and a touch of lemon sour mix, shaken, and poured.  It tastes like Green Tea, goes down smooth, but a few of them can get you going.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »

Dislike alcohol in all forms of it I've tried so far.

I mostly drink water, and sometimes pepsi or dr pepper or mr pibb.

Bushma

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 12:07:53 AM »

Not a fan of the hard stuff mostly I tend to stick with IPAs. Trader Joe's does have a very nice lager I enjoy though, and at $4 for a six pack it's hard to top.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 12:19:55 AM »

Dislike alcohol in all forms of it I've tried so far.

I mostly drink water, and sometimes pepsi or dr pepper or mr pibb.

I rarely drink soda pop. I drink LOTS of water. And I love unsweetened black tea. Hot or cold.
And black coffee.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »

rev, a word to the wise about the book. mr. boston is NOTORIOUS for bad proofreading , so it's good to have a paper copy you can write in to make corrections to recipes, besides the basic comfort of having a phy'sical object to hold.
  happy, i drink quite a bit of yuengling when i'm in florida, my friend's maternal family is from pennsylvania.
last night i tried a orange flavored " hard seltzer", it was DISGUSTING.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 06:50:01 PM »

rev, a word to the wise about the book. mr. boston is NOTORIOUS for bad proofreading , so it's good to have a paper copy you can write in to make corrections to recipes, besides the basic comfort of having a phy'sical object to hold.
  happy, i drink quite a bit of yuengling when i'm in florida, my friend's maternal family is from pennsylvania.
Apparently a lot of PA transplants to Florida now.  So much they even added Wawa's to the state of Florida and that's from where I live.  Also, those hard seltzers are disgusting.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2018, 11:32:34 AM »

My original order was canceled/lost in the mail so I had to try ordering it from someone else. Still coming, supposedly...

Louisville locals are crazy about Yeungling, I have no idea why. I used to drink it in PA and thought it was nothing special. The porter was the only exceptional beer they brewed, and they stopped making it... though I'd be willing to give their black and tan a shot. (Even though you can't really put black and tan in a bottle, it's supposed to be layered).

316zombie
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »

happy, i really like wawa's, the food is quite good! especially the mac& chz, and i am PICKY about that, lol!
   rev, if you end up not getting it in the mail, you let me know. i'm sure i could convince deni to give up one of her copies, if you  don't mind that they MAY have odd concoctions of hers scattered through them. and it would smell like popcorn.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What do you drink? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.