Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:56:12 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The last jedi « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The last jedi  (Read 6408 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 08:41:42 AM »

I thought it was one of the best Star Wars films to date -close to if not as good as Empire.

I know I'm in the minority.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »

I liked it. Would watch again. I guess I'm easily amused. (shrugs)

The late 90s/early 00s prequels sucked tho.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 11:25:26 AM »

I thought it was one of the best Star Wars films to date -close to if not as good as Empire.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on it regardless of what other people think. Good for you on not following the crowd.

Unless you like the prequels. In which case you should be subjected to long, slow and painful torture.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pacman000
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 12:15:30 PM »

The 1st movie would've been larger, grander, and more confusing, if Lucas had the tech & money in the 70's.

This movie was an ok remake of Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack, with a few bits of Empire Strikes Back thrown in so it felt like Star Wars.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 11:05:43 PM »

The 1st movie would've been larger, grander, and more confusing, if Lucas had the tech & money in the 70's.
If Lucas was allowed to do everything he wanted in the first movie ... well, we probably still would be here talking about it on BadMovies, but it wouldn't be regarded as near the classic it turned into. 

I've read his early scripts. 

Most of the stuff people talk about as being horrible in the prequels were present in his original ideas.  It's just that back then, there were people there to stop him.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »

Everyone has the right to their own opinions of movies. I don't rip on people who like the last jedi. I do get a little tired of the "Star wars taken over by SJW feminist nazis!" crap and tend to ignore those people.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 08:20:51 PM »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on it regardless of what other people think. Good for you on not following the crowd.

Unless you like the prequels. In which case you should be subjected to long, slow and painful torture.

Hehe. If they kept only the scenes with Palpidius and Count Dooku, it might have been passable, but otherwise, the prequels were mostly painful.

Facebook Group:

Youtube channel:
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »

If they kept only the scenes with Palpidius and Count Dooku,
Count Dooku... as much as I love Christopher Lee, I can't understand the concept behind this character at all. 

The movies go out of their way to establish that there can only be two Sith, a master and an apprentice.  Darth maul gets killed in the first movie so the next Sith and the new apprentice is a 90 year old man?  How long as this guy been waiting to become a Sith?  What was he doing in the meantime? 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 03:06:24 PM »

Are there only two Sith at a time?  Or do they simply operate in pairs?  Question

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
dean

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 06:46:31 PM »

Count Dooku... as much as I love Christopher Lee, I can't understand the concept behind this character at all. 

The movies go out of their way to establish that there can only be two Sith, a master and an apprentice.  Darth maul gets killed in the first movie so the next Sith and the new apprentice is a 90 year old man?  How long as this guy been waiting to become a Sith?  What was he doing in the meantime? 

There's a great plot line they could have established so easily that did not happen; Dooku, a Jedi, starts thinking that they are too Dogmatic and starts to break free. Make him that rogue cop type that plays by his own rules, technically breaking the law to get the bad guys who just takes things too far. Make Palpy manipulate the story so that it seems like Dooku is completely off reservation and via circumstances Anakin ends up killing him which sets him on the path to the Dark Side.

Plot wise you have a sympathetic villain who has some clear motivations: sees the problems with the Jedi's strict style and using the power he has tries to fix problems the wrong way. It sets up a path for Anakin as it gives him a connection to this idea, so it's not just a 'oh and now he's a bad guy all of a sudden'. Instead you get a few throwaway lines discussing the idea, but mostly villainous pastiche which completely undercuts the fact that Dooku has a (somewhat) moral code underneath it all.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pacman000
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 06:52:50 PM »

Remember, the Dark Side can apparently extend life...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 12:39:23 AM »

Remember, the Dark Side can apparently extend life...
That makes it even worse.  That means there's no telling how long he was waiting for a job opening!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 03:01:38 AM »

My nine year old nephew enjoyed it very much, me too - we saw it in IMAX and 3D - he also laughed so much when Luke dusted himself off after being shot at, I thought he was going to fall out of his seat.  TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »

You could tell Lucas pulled Dooku out of his arse, else we would have had some cool scenes in TPM where it showed him struggling with the Jedi dogma, with Kenobi taking on Anakin as his apprentice being the final straw (or something similar). He nor Syphodias were not even mentioned. I'm sure there's an EU book about all of this lol. Some interactions between Qui-Gonn and Dooku before his departure would have sown the seeds.

I could see Palpidius taking joy in corrupting a Master Jedi like that, not only serving his ends, but as a personal revenge towards Yoda, taking one of his most powerful students.

Facebook Group:

Youtube channel:
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2018, 01:39:31 PM »

From experience I can tell you that if you grab your significant others boob, and do a ventriloquist's act with it using the voice of Jar Jar Binks you will not be having sex that night.

Or possibly for the next week.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The last jedi « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.