Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:31:03 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your favorite cereal(s)? Do you add stuff to them? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your favorite cereal(s)? Do you add stuff to them?  (Read 2788 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: July 07, 2018, 06:33:30 AM »

What is/are your favorite cereal(s)?

I generally stick with generic brand stuff that's not too expensive, often a bran flake cereal that's good for me or a Frosted Flakes/Raisin Bran-type. 

But here and there I like to treat myself.  Some that I really like:

COUNT CHOCULA
COCOA PEBBLES
FRUITY PEBBLES
LUCKY CHARMS
KIX
HONEYCOMB
APPLE JACKS
And a recent S'mores cereal that I think had actual Honey Grahams in it, that was awesome!

I like CRACKLIN' OAT BRAN but dear God is it expensive!

We can also talk about cereals long-gone..
I used to really love E.T. cereal-- the best peanut butter/chocolate cereal I EVER had.

What are your favorites?  And do you add extra sugar/fruit? (I never do.)

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 08:01:59 AM »

HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS is my morning grain of choice.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »

Raisin Bran.
BUT! When I was a kid- looong before Captain Crunch was a thing, there was Quisp and Quake cereals.
They tasted like Captain Crunch.
Quisp (my favorite) was an Alien with a beenie propeller on top of his head- the cereal shaped like flying saucers.  Quake was a gold miner, with a miners helmet, and the cereal was shaped like gold nuggets.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 10:25:18 AM »

Does anyone remember when Corn Flakes had a variety with dehydrated strawberries in it?

And what cereal had the cut out cardboard records on the back? Usually the Archies, Monkees, or Banana Splits?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »

I really don't eat cereal anymore because it makes me more hungry. When I did I usually went for Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Occasionally I would get Waffle Crisps, French Toast Crunch, Berry Kix, Lucky Charms, and I think Trix. All with milk.

yeah no.
retrorussell

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »

I used to love this one as a preteen:
HALFSIES
They claimed it had half the sugar as the leading cereals (which was probably b.s.) but I loved the taste.  It was like Cap'n Crunch but the cereal pieces were like half slices.  Really delicious!  At one point there was a contest where you could win an arcade cabinet of SUPER ZAXXON, PENGO or STAR TREK.  This was off the market by the mid-80s.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
retrorussell

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »

Does anyone remember when Corn Flakes had a variety with dehydrated strawberries in it?

And what cereal had the cut out cardboard records on the back? Usually the Archies, Monkees, or Banana Splits?
I guess there were a number of cereal brands that did that with their boxes.  Check out this link for some:
https://www.mrbreakfast.com/list.asp?id=5
I guess you can still get strawberry Corn Flakes-- might have to special order them online if your store doesn't have 'em.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 09:42:03 PM »

Sometimes the only meal I take is a pkg of instant plain oatmeal with blueberries and cinnamon.  Does instant oatmeal count as cereal?  I also eat a Honey Nut Cheerios rip-off that is much crunchier, cheaper, and not as sweet... I take that with fat free milk. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »

well, you already know i'm not normal, but i didn't grow up eating cereal for breakfast, or with milk. we ate it as a movie snack!
  my faves, quisp( yes, ronnie, we are OLD, lol!), apple jacks, cap'n crunch and those frosted miniwheat biscuit things.
  john, hubby says YES, emphatically, that oatmeal is cereal. he says to tell you he was around 12 before he realized it wasn't CALLED cereal, lol! he likes wheatina better though, when i can find it.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 07:42:08 AM »

This is what I usually have: comes in several flavors, including squirrel, rat and hamster.  Wink

If you add too little milk to it, it becomes thick and absorbent enough to use to absorb an oil slick  Wink
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:44:44 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your favorite cereal(s)? Do you add stuff to them? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.