Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:49:00 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  May be going to jail soon. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: May be going to jail soon.  (Read 7595 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 09, 2018, 10:41:40 AM »

I got a jury notice today. It;s one of those where you're supposed to put you life on hold for several days and call every morning to see if you're supposed to come in that day or not.

If I get called in I'm probably going to jail, possibly for months.

First off our legal system is so corrupt today that I do not respect it. People going to prison for long times over minor acts, police on camera committing murder and walking away scott free, our prison system turned into for profit private businesses where poeople's lives are turned into corporate profit, ad infinutum. If standing when a judge waddles into or out of a court is a gesture of respect to our courts I won,t make it, so off to jail i go sans trial or any due process possibly for months for exercising my first amendment right to express the fact i feel the court system doesn't deserve respect. The irony being that this would in fact prove our court system doesn't deserve respect.

So if I get called i will not stand for a judge and likely sent directly to jail for exercising a first amendment right to express an opinion. I'm majking arrangements for friends to take care of my stuff but I don;t know what's going to happen to my life or how much i may lose.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:12:26 AM »

So in short, you are going to make an ass out of yourself and blame the system?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:23:13 AM »

I feel our court system does not deserve respect and i will express that view by refusing to stand,m which is essentially the same as kneeling' for it. Our courts are shoveling americans into the maw of for profit prisons where their lives are turned into corporate profits, essentially the new, rebranded form of slavery. I do not respect our court system and believe being coerced into showing respect for it violates my first amendment rights.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:33:23 AM »

You know, oddly enough, I've obeyed the law my whole life and never once been shoveled into a "for-profit" prison system.
Funny how that works.

I think our system works the vast majority of the time, and I think most of the people whining the loudest are also the people who can't seem to get out of the habit of breaking the law.

But, by all means, refuse to stand for the judge.  Spit in his face to show your contempt for the system.  Then we will be spared your constant reminders that you hate the majority of the people in the world for a little while!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 12:09:53 PM »

While yes, I completely agree that our legal system is corrupt as hell, but you'd rather go to jail than just going along with it?  Question

I understand the desire to fight the s**t system, but that decision probably won't change anything and wouldn't you just end up with the exact things you've been complaining about?

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 12:18:34 PM »

I think it's all talk anyway.  As in blah blah blah.  Lip service. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »

You know, oddly enough, I've obeyed the law my whole life and never once been shoveled into a "for-profit" prison system.
Funny how that works.

I think our system works the vast majority of the time, and I think most of the people whining the loudest are also the people who can't seem to get out of the habit of breaking the law.

But, by all means, refuse to stand for the judge.  Spit in his face to show your contempt for the system.  Then we will be spared your constant reminders that you hate the majority of the people in the world for a little while!

So,  refusing to commit a gesture of submission,  which is what standing for a judge basically is,  is somehow equal to spitting in someone's face?  False equivelancy much?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 12:30:25 PM »

When I was in France I came to respect the legal system there, no juries, only a panel of judges. No theatrics from lawyers, no activist jurors, the law was strictly interpreted and enforced.

BTW, Sven, by all means speak your mind in there, mate.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 12:31:26 PM »

While yes, I completely agree that our legal system is corrupt as hell, but you'd rather go to jail than just going along with it?  Question

I understand the desire to fight the s**t system, but that decision probably won't change anything and wouldn't you just end up with the exact things you've been complaining about?

In human history a few men may have wanted to set a nation on a terrible course, but it only  goes there if enough people "just go along with it". I've seen our rights trampled abd negated by the legal system,  government and big business for many years now.  I'm sick and tired of just going along with it.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 12:34:49 PM »

When I saw the hate abd rage directed at Colin Kaepernick for his refusal to quietly approve of intolerable things being done in this coubry I felt a deep respect for him and his courage.  Maybe if I follow his lead I can respect myself again.

BTW  if my posts are so repugnant to you why read them?  I quit reading a users posts after she started xxxing on every post I made.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 01:18:10 PM »

You couldn't just go down to the jury place and say that you would be busy during the jury dates?

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 01:48:03 PM »

Afraid replies like that is what happens when you do so much to make yourself disliked. It seems odd to me that you work so hard at it and then complain about getting exactly what you earned. If you don't want people to make these replies to your posts you could equally not make them instead of complaining about people replying to them. Or do you only want replies that agree with you? For someone who claims to be a liberal I have certainly seen some interesting and very telling posts from you about other peoples freedom of beliefs and where they should post or not. Frankly if you didn't keep mentioning how much you hate Nazi's and that you are a liberal I would actually have assumed you were pretty far out on the right wing.

If you choose instead to use your right to free speech, then complaining about other people using the same right just makes you sound like a whiny b***h (not to mention that this is a common argument used by people on the right who want to spread their own views when other people call them out on it). So how about less complaining about other people using their rights just the same as you and learn to accept that if you post something other people have the right to reply to it, even if it is just to tell you they don't agree with what you say or rag on every post you make. Unless you have started paying for or running this site I don't believe you have any particular powers or extra rights that would allow you to expect otherwise. You certainly haven't earned the respect that might have gotten you what you want.

If anyone else was to have made this post I'd be all for supporting them, offering any advice and help I could, but when I finished reading the OP all I could summon up was a common response in my job when someone is having a whinge about something. You want sympathy? Try looking in a dictionary between s**t and Syphilis.

You want to stick it to the man? Go ahead. If it gives you self respect then so much the better (your post comes off more though as you trying to make yourself out to be something of a martyr though) however on reading the title of the post my first thought was 'I won't miss you'. I generally like the people on this forum and respect them, even (and sometime especially) the ones I occasionally argue with. For you I just find it hard to care, which is a real shame because many of your posts have been really good. Its just the amount of s**t you have to wade through to get to them just burned me out on caring about your opinions or what happens to you.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 02:25:14 PM »

All I'm seeing from this is "I'm so much better and moral than other people.  Boo-hoo.  they're going to punish me simply because I'm acting like an @$$hole to them."

If you loose all your self respect just by playing along and showing simple courtesy to somebody, you probably didn't have that much to begin with.  You just want to make an example out of yourself not because you believe in something, but because you want people to think you do.    

Then again, you probably won't do it anyway.  I'm not convinced you're not making this whole thing up anyway.  When you go in to be selected for jury duty they ASK you if you have any problems fulfilling your role.  Unless you were lying to them there, they should have picked you out at that point.  

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:41:34 PM by Chainsaw midget » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »

When I saw the hate abd rage directed at Colin Kaepernick for his refusal to quietly approve of intolerable things being done in this coubry I felt a deep respect for him and his courage.  Maybe if I follow his lead I can respect myself again.

BTW  if my posts are so repugnant to you why read them?  I quit reading a users posts after she started xxxing on every post I made.

What on Earth would make you think your posts are "so repugnant"?  Don't single me out; I'm one of the few who might be inclined to agree with your politics.  I admire COLIN KAEPERNICK, but i do not think your civil disorder protest is brave unless you actually do it... and get thrown in jail for it.  What COLIN KAEPERNICK did was in front of a national audience.  He is a brave man. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AoTFan

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 02:50:38 PM »

So if I get called i will not stand for a judge and likely sent directly to jail for exercising a first amendment right to express an opinion. I'm making arrangements for friends to take care of my stuff but I don;t know what's going to happen to my life or how much i may lose.

Or you could, I dunno, try to get ON the jury, listen to the case, and if you (sincerely) believe that someone is being railroaded, try to persuade the rest of the jury with rational arguments.

Wouldn't that be more helpful to someone rather than getting thrown in jail in a useless act of "protest" that'll come off more as a act of petty immaturity?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  May be going to jail soon. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.