Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:17:26 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  May be going to jail soon. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: May be going to jail soon.  (Read 7603 times)
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 02:57:38 PM »

Have you actually had your interview for jury duty yet? You know that as a potential juror you will be asked questions about fulfilling the role and if you cannot fulfil the role you will not be chosen.
And as most you'd be removed from court and fined for the type of behaviour you are planning on exhibiting. Unless you are in an area where the prisons and jails are not over crowded I cannot see them throwing you in jail for what you are planning.

Also I'll just leave this here:  even when a juror is held in contempt, judges are learning they have to be careful. ... The appellate court held that a juror could not be convicted of direct criminal contempt, which is for conduct that occurs in the presence of the court, unless the juror interfered with the judicial process. So unless you are planning on doing more than refusing to stand I can't see you being convicted.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 04:20:49 PM »

I've been in jail LOTS of times. I sure wouldn't intentionaly put myself there. f**k that.
Every time I went to court for some dumbs**t I shouldn't have done, I just "Yes ,Your honor," or "No, Your Honor." I could have said "f**k you,a***ole!" But for what? To put more time on my sentence? Hell no!
The judge don't give a f**k about your politics. And neither does anyone there. If you were famous, you might make it onto tthe news for 10 minutes or so. Yippie skippy. Won't make a dam bit of difference- your just f**king yourself for NOTHING.
And if any of the inmates find out WHY your there-they may beat your ass just because you PUT yoursef there-because none of them motherf**kers are there for "making a stand". Because that holding tank is filled with lotsa angry criminals. Me, I was there mostlly for being a crazy drunk when I was young. But I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:40:13 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »

I feel our court system does not deserve respect and i will express that view by refusing to stand,m which is essentially the same as kneeling' for it. Our courts are shoveling americans into the maw of for profit prisons where their lives are turned into corporate profits, essentially the new, rebranded form of slavery. I do not respect our court system and believe being coerced into showing respect for it violates my first amendment rights.

So, you want to protest "profit prisons" by being sent to one . . . where your life will be "turned into corporate profits"? Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit counterproductive.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 05:06:42 PM »

I've been in jail LOTS of times. I sure wouldn't intentionaly put myself there. f**k that.
Every time I went to court for some dumbs**t I shouldn't have done, I just "Yes ,Your honor," or "No, Your Honor." I could have said "f**k you,a***ole!" But for what? To put more time on my sentence? Hell no!
The judge don't give a f**k about your politics. And neither does anyone there. If you were famous, you might make it onto tthe news for 10 minutes or so. Yippie skippy. Won't make a dam bit of difference- your just f**king yourself for NOTHING.
And if any of the inmates find out WHY your there-they may beat your ass just because you PUT yoursef there-because none of them motherf**kers are there for "making a stand". Because that holding tank is filled with lotsa angry criminals. Me, I was there mostlly for being a crazy drunk when I was young. But I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut.
If you do have fun! And don''t drop the soap!  TongueOut

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »

I personally think Svengoolie is just being overdramatic, and that it would be best just to ignore posts like this and not feed the drama.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 06:56:48 PM »

I personally think Svengoolie is just being overdramatic, and that it would be best just to ignore posts like this and not feed the drama.
It won't be a problem.  Smile

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 07:28:56 PM »

Sven- think about this for a minute. Logicly.
Martin Luther King,football players, and the hippies had a mass audiance. That's why what they do matters. Your audiance will be the Judge.
And you. It will prove or solve nothing. The only person it will impress is  the guy who will send you to jail. But He won't even do that-maybe fine you. Then you'll just be out of money. Boy that was a statement.  Lookingup You just gave more money to the people you hate.
I ain't a big fan of the Courts either.
But I ain't gonna f**k myself. That's just eyeball rolling stupid.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:31:14 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »

Of course!  But, if you go to jail, you never know who might f**k you...   Lookingup TeddyR

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 09:20:51 PM »

Of course!  But, if you go to jail, you never know who might f**k you...   Lookingup TeddyR

As far as ass rape goes in jail- it won't happen to you if you keep your mouth shut- if you need to open it-just say "f**k you,man."
I had some big f**ker try that s**t on me. Said he was gonna f**k me. I just told him- "Go ahead. I have a pencil. I'll stick it in yer ear when your sleeping."
He didn't believe me. The next day this Mexican was slapping my feet when I was trying to read with a ruler. I jumped from my top bunk and clothes lined him. Then he believed me. in haystacks- and I told the cell that once when I was playing cards.)"Haystack got heart!"  I got him in a head lock and bite him. (My name was Haystack in jail- because before I went in I was sleeping  I got thrown in the hole-with 30 days tacked on to a 45 day sentence.
You ready to do that?
For WHAT? That's a horrible place to live. I know you said once you were there.So you wanna GO BACK? Are you STUPID?
The only people who get ass f**ked are people who are stupid.
I'm only 5'2". I learned what to say and who to say it to. Jail don't care about your politics.

(of course I was an artist-gives you an edge in jail. For tats, Unicorns on there girlfreinds envlopes....being an artist really helped me. They like a guy who can use a homemade tat gun and draw a skull or swastika on there arm.I'd get cigs and peanut butter for that s**t!)
My ideals went out the window with lock-up. My job was to survive!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:03:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
AoTFan

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 10:02:27 AM »

When I was in France I came to respect the legal system there, no juries, only a panel of judges. No theatrics from lawyers, no activist jurors, the law was strictly interpreted and enforced.

Speaking of which, I read the book Catch Me If You Can and I gotta say, the French were dang hardcore with their prisons.  As I recall, they stuck that guy in a darkass cell naked and he was practically eaten alive by the bugs that were in there.  

I mean, damn!  Dunno if they still do that, but it's just not something I expected considering what I usually hear about European prisons.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 10:04:10 AM »

When I was in France I came to respect the legal system there, no juries, only a panel of judges. No theatrics from lawyers, no activist jurors, the law was strictly interpreted and enforced.

No juries? That sounds f**ked up. No legal representation?
That's f**ked up. Yeah- Our legal system ain't fair sometimes-but I'll be damned if I give it up for that. This is AMERICA. Just because bad people in power do bad things- doesn't mean I'm ready for a Fascist State! I still have faith in this country,and Democracy. And Trump's Nationalist garbage don't blind me.
ER- If you wanna believe in a Fascist goverment- why don't you go live in one? You could be the next Goebbels!  Cheers
I'm not a Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I'm an AMERICAN.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:19:12 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 11:11:36 AM »

Someone just told me, "Hey, you have to go correct RC!"

I said, "Nah, I don't want to go back to BMDO two days in a row. I'll stop back next month or something and drop some more ER-isms on the place. Can't spoil the regulars, after all."

"No, poor RC got the wrong idea from what you wrote. He's distressed. It might even ruin his buzz for the day."

"Oh, well I can't have RC distressed after he scored marijuana with his son. I couldn't sleep if I thought I left RC with the wrong idea about another nation's legal system. I'll be right there!"

So, RC, dear soul, I said yesterday there were no juries (in French criminal trials), and I said no theatrics from lawyers (meaning to jurors as we have here). I didn't say there were no lawyers. Why lawyers are as common worldwide as, uh, songbirds and other lovely things. There are lawyers in France, trust me, lots and lots of them, and you have to hire them to do all sorts of things you take for granted that you can do for yourself in the US, like renting a house or buying a car. Even getting married is better done with a lawyer to cut through the red tape to get your license faster. Fortunately lawyers aren't required to see an obstetrician since I was pregnant over there, but a lot else needs a lawyer. Planting a garden requires a lawyer to get you the permit from the township. It's a very legally complex nation, France.

And trials in France are usually, as I understand it, presided over by three judges, which statistically results in more acquittals, I'm told, than does our jury system. I think I would rather have a learned legal scholar hearing my case than twelve strangers picked off voter rolls. Also their codified laws just make a lot of sense to me compared to our common law based on precedent. What if the precedent is bad, right? (Okay, Rev, I am probably butchering US law 101 but oh, well, lol.)

Also France is relatively leftist, not fascist, Ronny<----do I get good karma for spelling your name right instead of "Ronnie"? I would define fascism for clarity sake but I know you know what it is since you used it in a sentence.

And, jeez, RC, that was sort of a mean reply-post, dude, I'm basically a guest anymore. Where's the hospitality?

Okay, back to lunch I go. Peace and good luck to everyone here. Especially you, RC.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »

Called this morning,  told not to come in today,  call tomorrow.  1 down,  2 to go.

My state passed a 'moral conviction' law recently.  You know those laws that legalize discrimination based on moral beliefs.  So if I get called I will claim standing for a judge and showing respect for a system I believe is unjust violates my moral convictions.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 02:20:40 PM »

"No, poor RC got the wrong idea from what you wrote. He's distressed. It might even ruin his buzz for the day."

"Oh, well I can't have RC distressed after he scored marijuana with his son..."
Your specialty: potshot.  You can't help yourself.

Called this morning,  told not to come in today,  call tomorrow.  1 down,  2 to go.

My state passed a 'moral conviction' law recently.  You know those laws that legalize discrimination based on moral beliefs.  So if I get called I will claim standing for a judge and showing respect for a system I believe is unjust violates my moral convictions.
Let us know when you're going to jail.  Or when you get out. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »

ER- I sure did score some pot with my son. Really good pot too.  He's 25. He smokes a lot of pot. He's also a carpenter who makes 25 dollars an hour.
And I need your goodwill or approval like a need a hole in the head.
As far as someone telling you this? I call bulls**t. Don't try to plant seeds of distrust in me. Won't work. I'm barren to that kinda sneakiness.
I trust the folks on this board.

So someone-out of the blue- told you to correct me?  BounceGiggle
So am I corrected? I don't fell corrected.  Question
You kill me, man.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:00:21 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  May be going to jail soon. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.