Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:55:17 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A star wars question: Do force users have a real choice? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A star wars question: Do force users have a real choice?  (Read 2839 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 12, 2018, 02:46:41 PM »

I had a theory about star wars that i'd like to ask about.

It's pretty well been established that the force is in a constant conflict between the light and the dark. Now it seems the conflict goes on forever because if one side wins, the other side basically just has to sit and wait for a ringer to come along and swing things to it's favor.

I mean the jedi win for a long time, a thousand generations as obi wan put it, and then the force pulls an immaculate conception and creates annikin skywalker, Uber force user, who was 'the chosen one" to bring balance to the force.

Uh, yeah, the force had been pretty much dominated by the jedi side, so, uh,did it occur to anyone that to balance the force things would have to swing to the sith side?

Soo, annikin skywalker swings things to the sith side and nearly wipes out the jedi side, but hey, it's cool because little luke will come along in 20 years or so.

SO LUKE pulls it back to the jedi side and POOF! Kylo ren comes along, but so does rey. Rey just has utterly inexplicable force powers apparently because the good guy side needed a ringer to win again.

So on it goes One side gets the upper hand, the losing side gets a ringer handed to them faster than you can say deus ex machina to swing things around, then the cycle repeats.

Ad infinitum.

So what I wonder is, do these champions of te force have any choice about what side they are on? I always thought annikin's fall was just not credible and he suddenly turned full sith way to fast and totally to be believed, but now, I wonder, did he have a choice? Did luke? Did kylon ren? Did rey?

Or were they destined or chosen by the force to be on the side they ended up on?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 05:31:37 PM »

Anakin went to the dark side because Darth Sidious telling him that he'll protect Anakin's wife and unborns. The only reason why Anakin followed through was because of a vision he saw of someone else who was pregnant and died with babies inside of the womb.

Luke had no idea what the Force was until Obi-won told him and about Vader. After seeing Vader kill his Obi-won, Luke stayed with the Jedi.

I don't know what Kylo's or Rey's story will take them.

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »

Anakin went to the dark side because Darth Sidious telling him that he'll protect Anakin's wife and unborns. The only reason why Anakin followed through was because of a vision he saw of someone else who was pregnant and died with babies inside of the womb.

Luke had no idea what the Force was until Obi-won told him and about Vader. After seeing Vader kill his Obi-won, Luke stayed with the Jedi.

I don't know what Kylo's or Rey's story will take them.

Well, there was a bit more to it that that. Annie was born a slace, and the republic was ok witht that so right there he likiely had a grudge against the republic and by extension the jedi.

A weak fool jedi lets his mother remain in slavery but takes annie away from her.

Years later annie's mother dies in his arms after being tortured and dehydrated to death because that weak fool jedi left her on tattooine instead of telling that little gargoyle b*st*rd  to keep his word.

Annie falls in love but the jedi forbid it.

Later the jedi diss annie by not giving him the title master, falling right into palpatine's hands.

all in all it looks like annie was steered towards the dark side by force users knowingly or not. The bit with his children was just the last straw in a big pile.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »

I suppose Rey needs a new lightsaber now. Will she use Luke's old green one or build her own?

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 07:40:38 AM »

Young Anakin said that he'll try to come back and save his mother. The writers wrote Anakin to have emotions, and the dark side preys on emotions.

Quigon wasn't a typical light Jedi, he was in the gray area, meaning that he probably mind warped the owner to get Anakin to train him. When Obiwan was in exile, he too did a mind warp on a stormtrooper (These are not the droids you are looking for)

To be honest I think you might be over thinking this destiny thing.

yeah no.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »

An interesting question.
This may clarify the issue, or it may just further confuse the issue.
From p.260 of Jason Fry's Star Wars : the Last Jedi.

"The Force could show you the future, certainly--but 'which' future. The one that was to be? Or, the one that you yourself would bring about, drawn to it helplessly? Even if it was the future you most hoped to avoid."

"Rey had learned that the Force was not her instrument--that in fact, it was the other way around."

". . . awareness of the Force wouldn't help you find the path through these branching twisting possibilities."
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »

Huh...and I thought The Force was just a means to an end...like any other super power. Villains and hero's are defined what they do with what they have, eh?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pacman000
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »

"So the Force controlls your actions?"

"Partially. But it also obeys your commands."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 08:32:39 PM »

Young Anakin said that he'll try to come back and save his mother. The writers wrote Anakin to have emotions, and the dark side preys on emotions.

Quigon wasn't a typical light Jedi, he was in the gray area, meaning that he probably mind warped the owner to get Anakin to train him. When Obiwan was in exile, he too did a mind warp on a stormtrooper (These are not the droids you are looking for)

Overthinkibg movies is what we do around here..  Smile

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 08:44:28 PM »

Overthinkibg movies is what we do around here..  Smile

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle LMFAO!!!!!   Cheers

That's one of the funniest things I have read on this board!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:48:38 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 09:03:19 PM »

Overthinkibg movies is what we do around here..  Smile

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle LMFAO!!!!!   Cheers

That's one of the funniest things I have read on this board!

It's funny because it's true.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 09:17:45 PM »

" It's my job. It's what I do."

Twirling

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 10:05:35 PM »

Do force users have a real choice?
Though soft and natural is better, when ya gotta go, you gotta go. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A star wars question: Do force users have a real choice? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.