Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:40:00 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Very little known facts about movies. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Very little known facts about movies.  (Read 39609 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2018, 03:50:00 AM »

British movie star David Niven was the inspiration for the DC comics villain "sinestro",  green lantern's main enemy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinestro

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2018, 04:46:40 AM »

There was,  contrary to popular opinion, an actual sequel to forbidden planet.  It was called "the invisible boy".

There is a reason this movie is little known...

It was NOT a sequel. It just featured the same robot.
Robby was also on an episode of the TWILIGHT ZONE, LOST IN SPACE-and more s**t!
I've seen this film but don't remember it well.  I think a connection may have been implied...  

THERE WAS A photo of the C-57-D on earth in the future having returned from Altair 4 with robby.  

That may be so. But it's not a sequel. Unless the Robot went back in time to the 1950's, the era the INVISIBLE BOY is set.
"

that's exactly what happened! The main character's grandfather went into the future in a time machine he made (off camera) and was there when the C-57-D landed, he took a picture of it landing and took robby back to his own time in the late 50's.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/kim-newman-on-the-invisible-boy/

In all fairness to you RC, few people know this movie now, (Suckfest with an unbearable kenny) fewer know it was actually linked to forbidden planet and of those even fewer wish to acknowledge the fact.
I'm not gonna say your wrong. I will look into it. In fact, your likely right. I ain't seen that movie in over 35 years
Thanks.!  Thumbup
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:49:21 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2018, 03:59:55 PM »

Before its unlikely relocation out to then semi-rural Hollywood, northern New Jersey seemed set in the early 1900s to become the motion picture-making capital of the United States.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2018, 04:10:57 PM »

While known mostly for the lightbulb and the phonograph,  Thomas Edison was an early film pioneer.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2018, 08:08:48 PM »

While known mostly for the lightbulb and the phonograph,  Thomas Edison was an early film pioneer.

He also made the first FRANKENSTEIN (1910) movie!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pacman000
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2018, 07:25:55 AM »

While known mostly for the lightbulb and the phonograph,  Thomas Edison was an early film pioneer.

Is that really a little known fact? It might not be the 1st thing which comes to mind, but any biography of Edison will mention it, as will any motion picture history book.

It was even on an episode of Arthur:

! No longer available Small | Large

More obscure: Magic Lantern Shows. History books always cover Eadweard Muybridge, the Zoetrope,  Edison, and the Lumière brothers, but they usually forget about magic lantern shows, early projection shows using slides. These weren't just simple static images either. There were devices made to dissolve between two or more slides. There were slides with parts which slid or spun to provide a sense of motion. Later magic lantern showmen even developed motion picture cameras using spinning glass disks! (After Edison & the Lumière brothers; they still invented movies, just the magic lantern showmen created an equivalent to try to stay relevant.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_lantern#Moving_images

(Actually, according to Wikipedia, slide or disk-based motion pictures predated filmed motion pictures. They couldn't show more than a second of motion, but they were around in the mid-19th century. So even I get things wrong.)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:48:51 AM by Pacman000 » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »

Angelo Rossitto-who was the little guy on top of the shoulders of the giant guy in MAD MAX: BEYOND THUNDERDOME (1985)
starred in films with Lon Chaney Sr, Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr.-plus he was a star in FREAKS (1932).
His first film was in 1927. His last was in 1987.
He was in 95 movies and TV shows. He died when he was 83 in 1991.

in SEVEN FOOTPRINTS TO SATAN (1929)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:44:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2018, 06:49:06 PM »

My two times great grandfather was an inventer who apparently regarded Edison as "a God-damned thief."

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2018, 11:29:58 PM »

My two times great grandfather was an inventer who apparently regarded Edison as "a God-damned thief."

He had a point. Edison stole from tesla.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2018, 08:23:02 AM »

Apparently Edison had spies all over, snooping on his competitors. Blah, the only thing lower than a spy is whoever employs the spy.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2018, 03:54:22 PM »

Apparently Edison had spies all over, snooping on his competitors. Blah, the only thing lower than a spy is whoever employs the spy.

TBH I despise Edison. In his futile spite war with tesla edison did something particularly heinous. Her bought an old elephant from a circus and murdered it on camera with AC current to make people believe tesla's AC system was too dangerous, despite the fact Edison's DC system would not work for large scale electrification of large areas. I saw the film and never forgave that cold blooded SOB for it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2018, 04:24:40 PM »

Godzilla has Japanese citizenship.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2018, 04:37:16 PM »

At one point Ivan Reitman was set to direct a Batman movie (in 1985) with Bill Murray as Batman, Eddie Murphy as Robin, David Niven as Alfred, William Holden as Commissioner Gordon and David Bowie as the Joker.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pacman000
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »

TBH I despise Edison. In his futile spite war with tesla edison did something particularly heinous. Her bought an old elephant from a circus and murdered it on camera with AC current to make people believe tesla's AC system was too dangerous, despite the fact Edison's DC system would not work for large scale electrification of large areas. I saw the film and never forgave that cold blooded SOB for it.
If I remember correctly the elephant did kill two people, tho one of those people tried to feed her a cigarette. And I thought she was from a Coney Island amusement park, not a circus.

Yeah, Luna Park on Cony Island, & she'd killed 3 people, not two. They planned to hang her, then decided electrocution might be more humane: https://www.wired.com/2008/01/dayintech-0104/
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »

Someone seriously wanted to do a superman movie with nicholas cage as superman. Seriously.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Very little known facts about movies. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.