Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:21:50 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movies you're surprised were never made. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Movies you're surprised were never made.  (Read 14627 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »

The comic book guy Plastic Man. 
At one point there was plans to do that with Bruce Campbell as Plastic man.  I would have loved that.

They could still do it. Not with Bruce Campbell, he's getting like me (potbellied.) That would have been great, though. I loved him in the EVIL DEAD series. The best TV I have seen in decades.

I'm surprised that CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON never got a remake. Not that I wan't one. And no- the fish monster love story that won an Oscar this year don't count. I never seen it. I never will.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2018, 09:45:31 PM »

I'm also surprised METROPOLIS (1927) has never been remade. I mean- not even close.  No one has even tried to try.
Not that I want it to happen (I don't-or maybe just to see it four ways of f**ked by the idiot who made TRANSFORMERS BounceGiggle).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:56:38 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2018, 09:56:21 PM »

At one point there was plans to do that with Bruce Campbell as Plastic man.  I would have loved that.

They could still do it. Not with Bruce Campbell, he's getting like me (potbellied.) That would have been great, though. I loved him in the EVIL DEAD series. The best TV I have seen in decades.

I'm surprised that CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON never got a remake. Not that I wan't one. And no- the fish monster love story that won an Oscar this year don't count. I never seen it. I never will.

Seeing how badly the Tom Cruise Mummy went I doubt we'll see a standalone Creature From the Black Lagoon remake.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2018, 09:59:47 PM »

At one point there was plans to do that with Bruce Campbell as Plastic man.  I would have loved that.

Seeing how badly the Tom Cruise Mummy went I doubt we'll see a standalone Creature From the Black Lagoon remake.

Or the new Frankenstein movie, or the new Dracula movie. These have been out for quite a while. Never seen em? Neither has anyone else. And these were big budget movies. And we all know how the Del Torio Wolfman movie was. It sucked. Del Torio is a great actor. Don't get me wrong. But the movie sucked.
They're trying-clawing desperate- at that Marvel Superhero thing. Trying to turn the old monsters into F/X extravaganzas.
It's sad.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 10:04:25 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2018, 10:06:21 PM »

Always wanted there to be a movie of the DC (I think) hero "ROM Spaceknight". One of the very few comics I actually read and vaguely remember. Guess I shouldn't exactly be surprised to have never seen it since it's probably really obscure, but I still remember liking the character and thinking that it might make for an interesting film.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2018, 10:14:48 PM »

Always wanted there to be a movie of the DC (I think) hero "ROM Spaceknight". One of the very few comics I actually read and vaguely remember. Guess I shouldn't exactly be surprised to have never seen it since it's probably really obscure, but I still remember liking the character and thinking that it might make for an interesting film.

Actually- I think the comic was based on a toy.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2018, 10:44:04 PM »

ROM was an action figure toy first, then Marvel made a comic series on.

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2018, 12:35:49 AM »

It was,  and it was. MARVEL,.not DC.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2018, 12:36:54 AM »

I'm surprised there was never a movie about a guy who ate a radioactive cannot beans and started letting nuclear farts.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2018, 08:53:26 AM »

I'm surprised there was never a movie about a guy who ate a radioactive cannot beans and started letting nuclear farts.

As far as I know no one's used that exact plot, but there was BumMan, who used super BO & farts to defeat bad guys:

! No longer available Small | Large

Haven't seen it, but Micro Filmmaker Magazine had a review. I can't link there right now; my antivirus software lists it as a potentially dangerous site.

EDIT: Here's their review: http://www.microfilmmaker.com/critiques/Issue29/BumMan_1.html
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 04:41:34 PM by Pacman000 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Movies you're surprised were never made. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.