Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:45 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The NEWS of your childhood « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The NEWS of your childhood  (Read 10515 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:02 PM »

I remember when Evel Knevil was jumping everything. And he did too.  Almost killed himself a couple times!

I remember watching Evel Knievel on shows like CBS Sports Spectacular and Wide World of Sports. Most of the time he crashed and broke some bones. Eventually, another guy named Joe Einhorn came along and made similar motorcycle jumps . . . but he usually didn't crash.

I also remember when Evel Knievel tried to jump the Snake River Canyon in a rocket-powered motorcycle (it looked more like a missile than a motorcycle). What a fiasco. He launched the thing up a ramp and barely got past the end of the ramp when he opened his parachute and floated down into the canyon. What a disappointment.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 08:28:59 PM »

I remember when David Coperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »

I remember when Evel Knevil was jumping everything. And he did too.  Almost killed himself a couple times!

I remember watching Evel Knievel on shows like CBS Sports Spectacular and Wide World of Sports. Most of the time he crashed and broke some bones. Eventually, another guy named Joe Einhorn came along and made similar motorcycle jumps . . . but he usually didn't crash.

I also remember when Evel Knievel tried to jump the Snake River Canyon in a rocket-powered motorcycle (it looked more like a missile than a motorcycle). What a fiasco. He launched the thing up a ramp and barely got past the end of the ramp when he opened his parachute and floated down into the canyon. What a disappointment.

Yeah I remeber that!
The Snake River Canyon Jump. In a rocket- that-yup-fizzlled out like a bad fire works ...ya gotta give him credit, though. I wouldn't blast myself into a canyon! I mean, cmon- he shot himself in a homemade rocket into a canyon. That's flat out crazy.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 12:59:17 PM »

I remember when Evel jumped a mess of cars and buses- and hit the ramp on the other side-and wiped out. Broke almost every bone in his body. He had balls!  BounceGiggle
I usta watch a lot of this because my cousin's Ricky and Ronnie were enduro racers and my best freind Larry (who I still hang out with) was too. Dirt bikers. Did all sortsa crazy s**t on dirt bikes
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:03:01 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
The Burgomaster

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 05:10:54 PM »

I remember when Evel jumped a mess of cars and buses- and hit the ramp on the other side-and wiped out. Broke almost every bone in his body. He had balls!  BounceGiggle

He even made a movie . . . with Gene Kelly!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 07:29:15 PM »

Yeah I seen that. The movie, and the one with George Harrison? I think so. They stunk big time.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 12:09:01 AM »

I remember the parody Super Dave better than I remember the actual Evel.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 08:52:25 AM »

Yeah I seen that. The movie, and the one with George Harrison? I think so. They stunk big time.

You mean George Hamilton . . . although, it probably would have been more interesting if George Harrison was in it.  BounceGiggle

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »

You mean George Hamilton . . . although, it probably would have been more interesting if George Harrison was in it.  BounceGiggle

Yeah- George Harrison singing the Hari Krishna song while flying over the fountain in Vegas would be a sight..!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 09:31:15 AM »

I was born in '70, the first "major" event I remember seeing on TV news was the 1977 blackout in NYC... I remember being very glad I lived in the NJ suburbs.

! No longer available Small | Large

After that, the passing of Elvis Presley. My Dad was a big fan so this was a very big deal around our house.

! No longer available Small | Large

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2018, 09:37:57 AM »

I remember hearing John Lennon had been shot, but it didn't really mean anything to me as I didn't know who he was.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 12:24:56 PM »

I was born in '70, the first "major" event I remember seeing on TV news was the 1977 blackout in NYC... I remember being very glad I lived in the NJ suburbs.

! No longer available

After

I lived in the Bronx in 1979-1980.
At my Gramdma's house. Those riots left the Bronx- all of NYC actually, a mess. It wen't bankrupt. The garbagemen were on strike. We just thew our garbage out the window onto the sidewalk. No one was picking it up anyway. Rats were everywhere. Buildings that had been set on fire in '77 were huge piles of rubble. It looked like a warzone. I went to DeWitt Clinton High School for about 2 weeks. It was a madhouse. I quit. Me and my friend Abel from Brazil usta sit in Poe Park and drink and smoke weed with his boombox blasting Led Zepplin.
I was born in the Bronx. My first hometown.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:31:05 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 01:59:22 PM »

a biggie for me when i was a teenager was the jim jones cult deaths. my history teacher got fired for telling us that religion was what caused the tragedy THROUGH jim jones. that wasn't cool in massachusetts then, even though it was true. my da and some other parents helped him get a job at bridgewater college , and right after that is when i transferred to my vocational high school.
   the whole issue about religion was part of my decision to leave my hometown school.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 03:56:15 PM »

I never understood the appeal of church.  Church people always seemed like wacked out brain washed zombies to me.
No matter what religion. I'd look at the sky and try to imagine some big,bearded guy playing us like pawns. The idea never even seemed even close to logical.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2018, 07:15:00 AM »

I also remember the Jonestown Massacre: all over the newspapers, even in Africa.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The NEWS of your childhood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.