Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:59:08 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies badly hurt by ONE mistake. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies badly hurt by ONE mistake.  (Read 3756 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 15, 2018, 10:04:15 PM »

Name a movie that was badly hurt by one mistake.

"Godzilla raids again". The first godzilla sequel, and the first kaiju battle. Also the first to show how the actions of the few can harm the many in the face of a kaiju attack. There were a few mistakes in this movie, like americans renaming it "Gigantis the fire monster" and for no reason dubbed a noble character as a complete moron, but the biggest mistake that hurt this movie by far was made in japan. It is standard practice to film kaiju movies with the kaiju scenes filmed at high speed then played back at low speed to make the monsters look bigger and slower in their motions when played back at normal speed, plus building collapses look more dramatic. Also pyrotechnic explosions look better.

Well, someone got it bass ackwards and filmed the kaiju scenes in slow speed so when played at normal speed they looked absolutely ridiculous, so jerky they looked like a cross between the worse elements of costume monsters and bad stop motion monsters.

Godzilla raids again is overlooked largely due to how badly it was filmed which is a bit of a bummer, as it did introduce some elements that became staples of godzilla films: A reasonable plan to deal with a crisis ruined by human greed, selfishness and stupidity. In this case it was noticed that godzilla was attracted by lights, so the city was blacked out and fire were set in remote areas to attract it away. Would have worked, it looked like, if a group of prisoners hadn't decided to escape and started a big fire in the city as part of their plan. They got when they deserved, another staple of later kaiju movies. Also in one scene a man looks at the terrible destruction godzilla caused and simply vowed to rebuild again.

Jaws sequels. All were badly hurt by one mistake: Deciding to make them.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:13:33 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »

Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith

It's actually a decent movie, but reviews seem to get hung up on Vader screaming "NOOOOOOOO...!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »

MARK OF THE VAMPIRE (1935) is a great movie with Bela Lugosi and Carroll Borland stalking the residents of a spooky old mansion.
Great atmospherics,  with the spookiest scene with Luna the Vampire Girl sprouting bat wings (!) and slowly flies from a window to confront the terrified heroine. Almost as spooky is the image of Lugosi as Count Mora gliding in slow motion down a hall like a ghost.

But then the ending ruins it all! The Count and his vampric daughter are hired actors to scare a confession out of a murderer! Just like f**king Scooby Doo!  Hatred
( An alternate ending with the actors actually being real vampires was dropped- Lookingup)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:41:12 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 08:50:42 PM »

I really enjoyed SIGNS the first time I saw it, but the more I thought about it, the more the huge, glaring plothole smacked me in the face: Why on earth would aliens who are physically damaged by water colonize a planet that is 75% water?  Where the stuff randomly falls out of the sky?
It would be like colonizing a planet with massive pools of powerful acid everywhere!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 08:59:24 PM »

I really enjoyed SIGNS the first time I saw it, but the more I thought about it, the more the huge, glaring plothole smacked me in the face: Why on earth would aliens who are physically damaged by water colonize a planet that is 75% water?  Where the stuff randomly falls out of the sky?
It would be like colonizing a planet with massive pools of powerful acid everywhere!

I didn't like that movie. It was like the director said- "Okay everyone- when I say 'ACTION" , don't act- just runaround like an idiot!".
And yeah- water? Not tanks and airplanes or even shooting them in the brain. Water.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 09:01:16 PM »

not to mention attacking beings who can hurt you by spitting,  sweAting of whizzing on you.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »

Yeh. No ray guns or giant robot or monster slaves to kill you-p**sing on you.
Is that supposed to be-what? If stupid is what it was supposed to be-well, it hit the jackpot!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 09:10:35 PM »

As far as GIGANTIS- I think the major flaw started in Japan as well. But for a differant reason. 2 Actually.

1. In GODZILLA, Godzilla is f**king scary! One of the main reasons is that it's very dark, it mostly takes place at night.
2. In GODZILLA, most of the monster was shown in long shots-from the view of the people. At a distance, or hovering over a city from a street level shot. It also showed people freaking out. Trains getting eaten. People dying.

I love Godzilla movies. But after the first, they turned into cartoons.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 09:57:33 PM »

MARK OF THE VAMPIRE (1935) is a great movie with Bela Lugosi and Carroll Borland stalking the residents of a spooky old mansion.
Great atmospherics,  with the spookiest scene with Luna the Vampire Girl sprouting bat wings (!) and slowly flies from a window to confront the terrified heroine. Almost as spooky is the image of Lugosi as Count Mora gliding in slow motion down a hall like a ghost.

But then the ending ruins it all! The Count and his vampric daughter are hired actors to scare a confession out of a murderer! Just like f**king Scooby Doo!  Hatred
( An alternate ending with the actors actually being real vampires was dropped- Lookingup)
That is THE greatest example of how one mistake can ruin a movie.  Implausible nonsense.   Hatred  Where's WyreWizard when you need 'im?

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 10:07:06 PM »

" Where's WyreWizard when you need 'im? "

Hopefully in an insane asylum eating crushed Saltines with milk out of a plastic cup.  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 10:12:37 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 12:24:08 AM »

As far as GIGANTIS- I think the major flaw started in Japan as well. But for a differant reason. 2 Actually.

1. In GODZILLA, Godzilla is f**king scary! One of the main reasons is that it's very dark, it mostly takes place at night.
2. In GODZILLA, most of the monster was shown in long shots-from the view of the people. At a distance, or hovering over a city from a street level shot. It also showed people freaking out. Trains getting eaten. People dying.

I love Godzilla movies. But after the first, they turned into cartoons.
Oh,  zip it and watch shin Godzilla.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 12:28:19 AM »

That is THE greatest example of how one mistake can ruin a movie.  Implausible nonsense.   Hatred  Where's WyreWizard when you need 'im?

Um,  am I the only one put a bit off by the inane idea you can 'cup' all the bloodnout of an adult human quickly?  That kinda killed MotV for me. Personally I loved Bela hamming it waaay up at the end.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 12:30:56 AM »

" Where's WyreWizard when you need 'im? "

Hopefully in an insane asylum eating crushed Saltines with milk out of a plastic cup.  BounceGiggle

Uh,  yeah.  ''Wyrewizard''?  Did I niss something? L

Pacman000
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 07:24:29 AM »

WyreWizard: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=293;sa=showPosts
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 09:19:01 AM »

on one hand WyreWizard seemed like an obvious troll, but on the other hand there are actually people like that irl, so I could never say 100% for sure...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies badly hurt by ONE mistake. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.