Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:31:22 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I've reached a point where... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I've reached a point where...  (Read 1675 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 15, 2018, 10:43:40 PM »

Have you ever reached a point where you either stop doing something or start doing something? if so what?

I've reached a point where if I go to look at something on the net and get hit with a demand to 'sigh up for a free account! ' I say sone gery foul words and back click away.  I am tired of accounts and passwords. Sick and tired of them!!!

I swear it's like being Marley's ghost.  Being wrapped up in a giant invisible digital chain of account names abd passwords.  Every time I add a new account name abd pass word I'm just adding another link to this ever growing giant invisible chain I'm being forced to wrap myself in. My chains are long and heavy enough, I'm not adding more to any of them.  So if I get an ad or message about something I might like,  go to it and get hit in the face with 'sign up! ' I will shout obscenities and click away from it furiously.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 11:15:45 PM »

Have you ever reached a point where you either stop doing something or start doing something? if so what?

I've reached a point where if I go to look at something on the net and get hit with a demand to 'sigh up for a free account! ' I say sone gery foul words and back click away.  I am tired of accounts and passwords. Sick and tired of them!!!

I swear it's like being Marley's ghost.  Being wrapped up in a giant invisible digital chain of account names abd passwords.  Every time I add a new account name abd pass word I'm just adding another link to this ever growing giant invisible chain I'm being forced to wrap myself in. My chains are long and heavy enough, I'm not adding more to any of them.  So if I get an ad or message about something I might like,  go to it and get hit in the face with 'sign up! ' I will shout obscenities and click away from it furiously.

It's simple. I have very few accounts. Here. I have a Tumblr for my blog, an email, and ebay, because I love to buy old s**t,- and it's like a big yard sale. I was on Facebook,but I gave that up. My  s**t is limited. I'm old. I could give a f**k about the internet. I't nice, but not the world's end. I mean-damn- If you don't like the internet-just get off it. Pretty simple,really.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 12:40:11 AM »

I've reached a point where if I go to look at something on the net and get hit with a demand to 'sigh up for a free account! ' I say sone gery foul words and back click away.  I am tired of accounts and passwords. Sick and tired of them!!!

I swear it's like being Marley's ghost.  Being wrapped up in a giant invisible digital chain of account names abd passwords.  Every time I add a new account name abd pass word I'm just adding another link to this ever growing giant invisible chain I'm being forced to wrap myself in. My chains are long and heavy enough, I'm not adding more to any of them.  So if I get an ad or message about something I might like,  go to it and get hit in the face with 'sign up! ' I will shout obscenities and click away from it furiously.
I totally dig hating on that which makes one feel enslaved. 

I'm with BELA.  If he's old, so am I.  I do similar tasks online, and also have few accounts. 

Since we're human, we must have money to live.  I believe money is inscrutable, indescribable, artificial.  Money is the root of all evil. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 01:29:29 AM »

I've reached a point where if I go to look at something on the net and get hit with a demand to 'sigh up for a free account! ' I say sone gery foul words and back click away.  I am tired of accounts and passwords. Sick and tired of them!!!

I swear it's like being Marley's ghost.  Being wrapped up in a giant invisible digital chain of account names abd passwords.  Every time I add a new account name abd pass word I'm just adding another link to this ever growing giant invisible chain I'm being forced to wrap myself in. My chains are long and heavy enough, I'm not adding more to any of them.  So if I get an ad or message about something I might like,  go to it and get hit in the face with 'sign up! ' I will shout obscenities and click away from it furiously.
I totally dig hating on that which makes one feel enslaved.  

I'm with BELA.  If he's old, so am I.  I do similar tasks online, and also have few accounts.  

Since we're human, we must have money to live.  I believe money is inscrutable, indescribable, artificial.  Money is the root of all evil.  

I think the bible quote, and I'm sure someone here will correct me if i'm wrong, is that "the love of money is the root of all evil." Now that I can agree with. The sad thing is to people who were already rich spent decades and millions on advertising to convince people they needed all sorts of material things to be happy or even to be liked.  Even in childhood big business has been brainwashing people into wanting that neat new toy or that bike. Now it's the newest smartphones. Yes I have a smartphone, an it's nowhere near a top of the line model but it does all i need.

You know some people harp on morality and how a lack of morals causes the world;s ills, but they never seem to consider greed a moral issue. I wonder why.

Nice to have a friendly exchange with you btw. Cheers
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:37:35 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 02:09:08 PM »

Just for clarification: I expressed my own opinion; it has nothing to do with the bible.  Money is great if you don't have it.  Money is great to give away.  Those are the good things I have to say about money. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 04:12:51 PM »

We gamers have an old saying: You try to let them play the game and all they do is play the rules.

The money concept was well intended, it was meant to show how much useful, productive work someone had done for society, for the common good. Well, of course that idea went straight to hell at warp 10. People learned to counterfeit money, steal it, use it to make more money without work, etc. In the end, like in america today, those who do the most useful work pretty much have the least money.

I will say I hate islam, and one of the few areas where I will agree with conservatives is on the subject of the threat islam poses to western civilization. However, to give the devil his due, I will say there is one good thing in the koran, it condemns the use of money to make money, to make yourself richer by using money itself to make more money.

Now of course the same people who will throw acid in a woman's face for appear in public unveiled or throw a gay man off a building for being gay because the koran says so ignore this part as inconvenient just, to be fair, as many christians ignore inconvenient parts of the bible.

Even tho I view the author of the koran with odium, I must grind my teeth and admit he knew that the practice of using money to make more money and create wealth thru manipulating money was a very bad thing for a society and condemned it. Hos followers who are so rabidly fanatical about his other words they will strap on suicide bombs tend to ignore this part, however.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I've reached a point where... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.