Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:30:36 PM
714228 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How About A New Guideline Here « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: How About A New Guideline Here  (Read 6676 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: July 18, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »

If you don't like what someone says, you criticize the comments instead of attacking the person who posted them.

I've been guilty of focusing on a person and not the opinion and when I did I shouldn't have. It's been done to me and I know I didn't like it.

If we could lose personal attacks and stick with polite rebuttals it would be a big improvement.

Or maybe better still, if someone upsets you, stop reading that person's posts, but respect that person's right to a point of view.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »

If you don't like what someone says, you criticize the comments instead of attacking the person who posted them.

I've been guilty of focusing on a person and not the opinion and when I did I shouldn't have. It's been done to me and I know I didn't like it.

If we could lose personal attacks and stick with polite rebuttals it would be a big improvement.

Or maybe better still, if someone upsets you, stop reading that person's posts, but respect that person's right to a point of view.

Howabout you not trying to dictate how people do things because it don't suit you??
I'm gonna say what the f**k I want- because it's AMERICA, and I have that right.
If you want to try and stop that. Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:37:19 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »

I got a new guideline here! Howabout every time me or you get in an argument- we make it an ER VS RC Thread- so the other members don't have to deal with our mutual disgust with each other?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:04:59 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 07:02:00 PM »

How about we don't fight at all? You're not the owner here or the moderator and I have as much right to be here as you do. I also have the right to be here without you attacking and harassing everything I write. There are probably lots of places on the internet to go argue and flame people, so if you want to fight with someone, go there.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »

How about we don't fight at all? You're not the owner here or the moderator and I have as much right to be here as you do. I also have the right to be here without you attacking and harassing everything I write. There are probably lots of places on the internet to go argue and flame people, so if you want to fight with someone, go there.

Yup. Eat your own words. I don't come here to fight. Last time I looked, I post about MOVIES. This is the ONLY place you post. And it's always about YOU.
I know about films, I post about films- that's what brought me to BAD MOVIES.org.
Be a mod? Not even close. I don't have the even steady nerves like Rev or Andrew.
I wouldn't kick you out, though. Because your right. You have the right to say what's on your mind.
And I have the right to reply. If you don't like how I do it- oh well. Lifes a b***h.
And I'm sure you feel the same way about me.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:19:13 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 11:56:03 PM »

You're an impoverished celibate loser whose bitterness with life leaks like an overused diaper.

Oh, BTW: Hypocrite.  Now: TRUCE. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 09:49:12 AM »

Well, John, since you worked in one last jab and then cried TRUCE, allow me a final retort, eh?

I've noticed you write whatever you want about another person, truly cruel things, but when something is said back to you, you whine about it for a long time, bringing it up over and over after the fact, then act like the remark that hurt your feelings fell out of a clear blue sky without any instigation from you.

If you splash in the kiddie pool, you have to expect to get splashed back.

I've also said polite things to you, conciliatory things, both out here and in private, yet you never mention those. When your sister in law was killed I expressed all kinds of sympathy, even on the anniversaries of her passing. I complimented you on some moments where you've shown integrity.

Also if you read back to the start of this thread I mentioned I have been guilty of attacking a person along with his or her idea, and I was wrong. Argumentum ad hominem represent a weak intimidation tactic even when disgusted by a person, so in admitting I'd done wrong I'm not a hypocrite to that extent, only someone promising to try to do better.

It shouldn't take a "truce" for people to be polite to each other, especially on....a message board, a nonsense place like this, but if you want to refer to a truce, fine, truce it is. Good luck to you. Pursue happiness and be well. I won't be the first to violate a truce with you, though I might recommend for once minding your own business where you're not concerned could help promote harmony.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 09:59:34 AM »

Well, John, since you worked in one last jab and then cried TRUCE, allow me a final retort, eh?

I've noticed you write whatever you want about another person, truly cruel things, but when something is said back to you, you whine about it for a long time, bringing it up over and over after the fact, then act like the remark that hurt your feelings fell out of a clear blue sky without any instigation from you.

If you splash in the kiddie pool, you have to expect to get splashed back.

I've also said polite things to you, conciliatory things, both out here and in private, yet you never mention those. When your sister in law was killed I expressed all kinds of sympathy, even on the anniversaries of her passing. I complimented you on some moments where you've shown integrity.

Also if you read back to the start of this thread I mentioned I have been guilty of attacking a person along with his or her idea, and I was wrong. Argumentum ad hominem represent a weak intimidation tactic even when disgusted by a person, so in admitting I'd done wrong I'm not a hypocrite to that extent, only someone promising to try to do better.

It shouldn't take a "truce" for people to be polite to each other, especially on....a message board, a nonsense place like this, but if you want to refer to a truce, fine, truce it is. Good luck to you. Pursue happiness and be well. I won't be the first to violate a truce with you, though I might recommend for once minding your own business where you're not concerned could help promote harmony.
Blah blah blah.  I would expect a schoolyard bully to write all that self serving nonsense.  Until you agree, there is no TRUCE.   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 10:44:13 AM »

Agree to what, John? I missed something, hon.

And, hey, "blahblahblah" is a pitch thrown at my knees, lol, since we Irish are gifted with gab in ways few others understand, a love affair with the sound of words and more words that rise as noteless music from the pregnant joy of the soul, a gift when we've had few others, convincing us God made us fit to be Heaven's bards and Earth's raconteurs, and you shouldn't pick on me for being made that way since I can't help it any more than my dear cousin (who once again did not wash his breakfast dishes this morning, I see) can help his sodomy. You said you had Irish relations, don't they talk a lot? It's our slice of the great human diversity, kind of like how drunk drivers contribute to population control, or Mexicans have perfected cliff diving. Multi-cultural awareness, John, is a virtue in our rainbow America.

Ask, dear heart, and I will probably agree, what unfulfilled term and condition did you set that escaped my notice?

316zombie
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »

evelyn, if you can't take what you dish out, STOP DISHING IT. THERE'S your guideline.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »

evelyn, if you can't take what you dish out, STOP DISHING IT. THERE'S your guideline.
Honey, I could take you night or day in any way you ever dreamed. You and all your children.

316zombie
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »

i doubt that. i don't deny being a troll elsewhere, and i don't do it here, other than to retaliate to YOUR CONSTANT trolling. if you don't like it, that's YOUR problem. and no, i won't stoop to YOUR level of trolling here, the members expect better from ME. Cheers
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 03:55:50 PM »

No, you'll just pick fights and pretend to have the high ground. A lot of that going around.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »

Ladies, I'll post topless photos of myself if you stop arguing.

Or should that be I'll post them if you don't?

One of those.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »

Ladies, I'll post topless photos of myself if you stop arguing.

Or should that be I'll post them if you don't?

One of those.

I'll stop if you DON'T post topless photos of yourself!  Twirling

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How About A New Guideline Here « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.