Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:47:14 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How About A New Guideline Here « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: How About A New Guideline Here  (Read 6683 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 04:11:46 PM »

I can understand me being called many un-nice names but what is with this constant "troll" label when I'm just responding? Wouldn't the person who started it be a troll? See I don't know these rules. Am I a troll once removed or a demi-troll or something?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »

Aw, 316, I guess I shouldn't have said that to you, you may be great and terrible beyond all imagination. For all I know you may be so silver-fingered on the keyboard you could come up with insults that'd reduce me to loose meat. I haven't seen it but it may be true.

How about a reciprosity policy. I will treat you as politely as you treat me, no more, no less? No snide put-downs, no insults, no commenting and then pretending to have the high ground, just....answering in kind.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »

I don't like the word "troll." 

"He's just being a troll," "I'm just trolling."

Call it what it really is "being an @$$hole."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »

You kids play nice now... TongueOut
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 09:29:05 PM »

Agree to what, John? I missed something, hon.

And, hey, "blahblahblah" is a pitch thrown at my knees, lol, since we Irish are gifted with gab in ways few others understand, a love affair with the sound of words and more words that rise as noteless music from the pregnant joy of the soul, a gift when we've had few others, convincing us God made us fit to be Heaven's bards and Earth's raconteurs, and you shouldn't pick on me for being made that way since I can't help it any more than my dear cousin (who once again did not wash his breakfast dishes this morning, I see) can help his sodomy. You said you had Irish relations, don't they talk a lot? It's our slice of the great human diversity, kind of like how drunk drivers contribute to population control, or Mexicans have perfected cliff diving. Multi-cultural awareness, John, is a virtue in our rainbow America.

Ask, dear heart, and I will probably agree, what unfulfilled term and condition did you set that escaped my notice?
Sorry, Babe.  Yes, I know you claim Irish blood (and I don't mean on your hands!).  In your desire to be honest, you have written some unkind remarks about "the Irish".  I'm Irish on both sides.  I questioned motivation for such remarks about one's own people.  I thought it was worth pointing it out since you mention Irish again. 

I only mean a truce in the sense of "not fighting".  That would be the only agreement.  Let's move forward.  I am not interested in a pile-on. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
316zombie
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 10:54:18 PM »

you know what? i've walked away from this board several times in order to NOT be rude to evelyn, because most of the members her thought/think highly of her. and tonight, i'm going to do it again, because i will NOT stoop to her level here, but i've got something to say first.
  evelyn, did you think nobody would notice your cute little remarks in the various random remarks threads that were OBVIOUSLY bait for me? the ones about children, when you were so INCREDIBLY insulting about my past including abortion? did you think NOBODY would notice that you included " all your children" in your insult on this thread? did you think that NOBODY would notice the constant " god& morals" crap too, when you know i'm a witch, and many here are atheists? you were wrong.
  and now i will take my leave for a bit, because I'M not going to be the one who forces others to leave. YOU will be though, honey. i saw it happen in the past, and it will happen again.
  later taters, back when i'm back! or not! i won't be the board destroyer OR the friendship destroyer. y'all know how to find me anytime you want to chat, i'm never too busy for my friends and family.
 have at it, evelyn, you got your way again. but remember, you reap what you sow. i don't think you'll enjoy your harvest.
Pacman000
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 11:14:10 PM »

There are Christians here too; do not call God & morals "crap," unless you want to cause more trouble. :(
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 11:18:53 PM »

There are Christians here too; do not call God & morals "crap," unless you want to cause more trouble. :(

I should probably avoid getting involved in this mess, but I believe 316 was referring to OPyas's condescending and arbitrary applications of "god and morals" into their arguments and statements.

Or maybe it's just that there are people here, perhaps including myself, who really do just think of that as crap. Either way, I don't see what good it would do to "cause more trouble" just based on another's opinions and beliefs.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:30:21 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 12:09:54 AM »

Can we not argue about etiquette? Pretty please?

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 12:35:17 AM »

ECH!  Pile on!!!  And the worst kind.   Bluesad

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 08:56:34 AM »

you know what? i've walked away from this board several times in order to NOT be rude to evelyn, because most of the members her thought/think highly of her. and tonight, i'm going to do it again, because i will NOT stoop to her level here, but i've got something to say first.
  evelyn, did you think nobody would notice your cute little remarks in the various random remarks threads that were OBVIOUSLY bait for me? the ones about children, when you were so INCREDIBLY insulting about my past including abortion? did you think NOBODY would notice that you included " all your children" in your insult on this thread? did you think that NOBODY would notice the constant " god& morals" crap too, when you know i'm a witch, and many here are atheists? you were wrong.
  and now i will take my leave for a bit, because I'M not going to be the one who forces others to leave. YOU will be though, honey. i saw it happen in the past, and it will happen again.
  later taters, back when i'm back! or not! i won't be the board destroyer OR the friendship destroyer. y'all know how to find me anytime you want to chat, i'm never too busy for my friends and family.
 have at it, evelyn, you got your way again. but remember, you reap what you sow. i don't think you'll enjoy your harvest.

316, you've contributed good things here and before everything got so messed up last spring I genuinely enjoyed knowing you. Rather than have you go, I'd much rather have you here getting along. I said absolutely nothing to you until after you'd said several things about and to me. I don't want to fight with you or drive you away.

The good you've done in your life is to your credit, the bad is on you, not me, and it is not for me to use against you. If you treat me even neutrally instead of negatively I'll gladly do the same to you and will even start us off on the right foot here by saying I don't think you're a bad person and I hope you don't leave.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:07:03 AM by ER » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »

Agree to what, John? I missed something, hon.

And, hey, "blahblahblah" is a pitch thrown at my knees, lol, since we Irish are gifted with gab in ways few others understand, a love affair with the sound of words and more words that rise as noteless music from the pregnant joy of the soul, a gift when we've had few others, convincing us God made us fit to be Heaven's bards and Earth's raconteurs, and you shouldn't pick on me for being made that way since I can't help it any more than my dear cousin (who once again did not wash his breakfast dishes this morning, I see) can help his sodomy. You said you had Irish relations, don't they talk a lot? It's our slice of the great human diversity, kind of like how drunk drivers contribute to population control, or Mexicans have perfected cliff diving. Multi-cultural awareness, John, is a virtue in our rainbow America.

Ask, dear heart, and I will probably agree, what unfulfilled term and condition did you set that escaped my notice?
Sorry, Babe.  Yes, I know you claim Irish blood (and I don't mean on your hands!).  In your desire to be honest, you have written some unkind remarks about "the Irish".  I'm Irish on both sides.  I questioned motivation for such remarks about one's own people.  I thought it was worth pointing it out since you mention Irish again. 

I only mean a truce in the sense of "not fighting".  That would be the only agreement.  Let's move forward.  I am not interested in a pile-on. 

I mildly gripe about Ireland but I am proud to hold Irish citizenship, proud of the contributions Irish have made in the world, I love my family over there, and part of my heart stays always on that beautiful island where I spent so much of my childhood. You ever pick on a sibling or friend you love? It's kind of like that. Don't know if I'd die for Ireland but I proudly live for it, and I have served it.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2018, 10:24:56 AM »

...I mildly gripe about Ireland but I am proud to hold Irish citizenship, proud of the contributions Irish have made in the world, I love my family over there, and part of my heart stays always on that beautiful island where I spent so much of my childhood. You ever pick on a sibling or friend you love? It's kind of like that. Don't know if I'd die for Ireland but I proudly live for it, and I have served it.
Glad to hear it.  Speaking only for myself: TRUCE? 

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2018, 01:08:20 PM »

Absolutely, truce, peace, the pursuit of friendship even. May the sun never again set on bad blood between us.  Cheers

justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2018, 01:13:06 PM »

Ladies, I'll post topless photos of myself if you stop arguing.

Or should that be I'll post them if you don't?

One of those.

I'll stop if you DON'T post topless photos of yourself!  Twirling

I own several topless photo's of him, I could always post them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How About A New Guideline Here « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.