Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:16:15 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is your favourite type of bad movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What is your favourite type of bad movie?  (Read 5154 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 08:34:04 AM »

Frankenhooker was kind of good in a dirty way. 

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »

I like 50's monster & sci-fi movies, like The Blob, The Killer Shrews, or Killers From Space.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »

I know pretty much exactly what I'm looking for in bad movies but I cannot accurately pin it down in words. Or why I love some bad movies but don't like other ones. It just needs that certain director/writer and bunch of actors to make the magic happen.  (but they can't actually realise they're doing it, or the spell is broken.)

I agree that dull/boring bad is the worst kind of bad, but at the same time dull/boring does not necessarily equal slow-moving or not much happening... explosions and car chases can be dull in the wrong hands.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 04:59:25 PM »

My favorites are ones that feature unintentional comedy (Troll 2), the weird (the Russian Jack Frost)  the ones I find strangely hypnotic and kind of like for some reason (Manos)

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 02:19:30 AM »

I can easily enjoy low budget schlock(Ed Wood, Jerry Warren, Al Adamson), Blaxplotation(Blacula, Coffy, Thing With Two Head,s, Blackenstein, Sugar Hill, Friday Foster, etc..), Full Moon releases, TROMA films, Misty Mundae sexploitation stuff from Seduction Cinema, Fred Olen Ray's Retromedia films and others.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »

Misty Mundae sexploitation stuff from Seduction Cinema,

I must admit having a slight fondness for the work of that actress too, although my favourite thing I've seen her in was an episode of Masters of Horror involving a bug.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »

My clone and I don't exactly look for bad movies to watch.  They just wind up on our DVD shelf.   

Having said that, if you want to ensure to find a bad movie, just grab any Echo Bay DVD 50 pack. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 09:44:22 PM »

My clone and I don't exactly look for bad movies to watch.  They just wind up on our DVD shelf.   

Having said that, if you want to ensure to find a bad movie, just grab any Echo Bay DVD 50 pack. 
I think to love BAD movies, you have to first love movies, and eventually realize some of the movies you love are not actually good... 

We definitely come to love certain types of movies, any part of which might be bad production, bad acting, bad script,  bad taste, bad message... bad for you. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 01:36:07 AM »

I think to love BAD movies, you have to first love movies, and eventually realize some of the movies you love are not actually good... 

We definitely come to love certain types of movies, any part of which might be bad production, bad acting, bad script,  bad taste, bad message... bad for you. 

We do love movies. That is true. However, we both realize that most people going in making an actual movie do not intend to make a bad one (99% of the time anyway)  Its the dedication to everyone involved that either does not realize its bad and does not walk away (for what ever reason) that keeps me engaged.

...Unless it's "Dot com for Murder".  That movie screams "tax dodge" written all over it.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is your favourite type of bad movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.