Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:22:22 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  False "facts" about entertainment. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: False "facts" about entertainment.  (Read 3808 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 20, 2018, 01:21:09 AM »

"Cleopatra" with burton and taylor was such a huge failure it forced fox to sell off huge amounts of it's property to survive. False. While the movoe was a strain fox was selling off parts od its lots 3 years before itwas made due to soaring property values inntbe LA area. 
http://www.lamag.com/did-cleopatra-really-bankrupt-its-studio-and/

The actor whomplayed the red power ranger murdered two people for a sex change operation. False. An actor who was an uncreited extra on MMPR murdered two people to raise money for a sex change operation,  not the actor who played the red ranger.  http://dailycontributor.com/skylar-deleon-murdered-the-hawks-for-sex-change/3370/

Later an actor who did play the red ranger was convicted on manslaughter.  https://www.elitedaily.com/entertainment/celebrity/power-ranger-six-years-killing-roommate/1844681

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 07:05:40 AM »

ET did not bankrupt Atari. Atari had been hurting for a couple of years; when 3rd parties started making games it cut into their sales. They needed ET to revitalize their sales, like Space Invaders did in 1979, so they over produced it. The game sold well, but not well enough to sell out; Atari wound up with millions of extra carts, so they disposed of them in a desert landfill. Also, they didn't just dispose of ET; Atari had been overproducing carts for awhile, trying to inflate their sales by forcing more product down the line.

And Atari didn't go bankrupt; they were owned by Warner Communications, who split the company up & sold it off in pieces. The home computer & video game division went to Jack Tramiel, former head of Commodore.  The arcade division was sold to Namco, who used it as their U.S. division for awhile. A small telephone division was sold to Mitsubishi, who wanted the technology. None of these separate companies went bankrupt.

Eventually, the rights to use the Atari name on home video games was sold to Infogrames, a large publisher of video games out of France. Realizing they had a more recognizable name, Infogrames changed their name to Atari...then went bankrupt in 2013, nearly 30 years after the original company was split up.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:48:13 AM by Pacman000 » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:02:18 AM »

That Alan Smithee directed scores of movies over a half-century career. This was actually a pseudonym used by many directors. (Boy, I hope I have that right.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »

That Alan Smithee directed scores of movies over a half-century career. This was actually a pseudonym used by many directors. (Boy, I hope I have that right.)

(You do.)

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 09:06:14 AM »

Yaaaay

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »

It's BerenSTAIN Bears, not Berenstein.  (At least, in this universe......)
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 10:12:54 PM »

It's not "'blinded by the light,  wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night. ''

The line goes "Blinded by the light.  Revved up like a deuce,  another runner in the night. " the deuce refers to a  a 1932 Ford coupe.

https://www.quora.com/Song-Lyrics-What-does-blinded-by-the-light-wrapped-up-like-a-douche-in-the-middle-of-the-night-mean
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:15:55 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 11:02:28 PM »

I just found out a few days ago that it was "I bless the rains down in Africa,' not "I miss the rains down in Africa." 

I always thought it was miss. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 11:22:09 PM »

It's not "'blinded by the light,  wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night. ''

The line goes "Blinded by the light.  Revved up like a deuce,  another runner in the night. " the deuce refers to a  a 1932 Ford coupe.

https://www.quora.com/Song-Lyrics-What-does-blinded-by-the-light-wrapped-up-like-a-douche-in-the-middle-of-the-night-mean
Did you get that one from me or did everybody my age hear the lyric that way?   Question TeddyR 
Never being a SPRINGSTEEN fan, it was in the '80s I probably learned he'd written it.  Bein' a BEACH BOYS fan, I get it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 11:47:12 PM »

I just found out a few days ago that it was "I bless the rains down in Africa,' not "I miss the rains down in Africa." 

I always thought it was miss. 

I actually thought it was "I guess the rain's down in Africa" and I was thinking: Well, if you looked at the weather radar, you would know!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 12:06:59 AM »

huh i thought it was "I fought the rains down in africa"...

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 12:13:21 AM »

Did ANYBODy actually know what those lyrics were?

Question

TeddyR

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 03:40:22 AM »

Your friendly neighborhood African says the lyrics are I bless the rains down in Africa.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 04:27:22 AM »

Alice Cooper never bite the head off a chicken and drink it's blood onstage.
A fan at one of his very early concerts threw a chicken onstage once- he threw it back.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 04:46:35 AM »

The recent biographical film about Arthur White (aka Vic Savage) claims that while filming  the CREEPING TERROR (1964) on the Spahn Ranch he encountered Charlie Manson. That would prove difficult, being as Charlie was in prison until 1967, and didn't end up at Spahn until 1968.
And no, Manson never auditioned for the Monkees, either.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:49:06 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  False "facts" about entertainment. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.