Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:45:54 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Marijuana? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Marijuana?  (Read 5902 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »

FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO SAY LEGALIZE AND TAX IT DID YOU KNOW that they already tax drugs even tho they're illegal? the drug taxes are exorbitant and impossibly high and paying them does not protect you from the penalties of drug use or possession, but not paying them allows the system to "pile on" penalty after penalty.

https://www.treatmentsolutions.com/drug-tax-stamps/

Yes they already tax drugs at rates that are higher than the drugs themselves. They know people won;t pay the tax so it lets them make a tax caSE OUT OF POSSESSION AND APPLY MORE PANALTIES AND TAKE MORE OF A PERSON'S MONEY. damn caps key.

http://norml.org/component/zoo/category/marijuana-tax-stamp-laws-and-penalties

Okay, I'll concede to whatever this means, though it doesn't site revenue generated.
And, while Colorado has admittedly given none of that ninety million dollars in tax revenues to the public school systems like they promised (a depressing act of hypocrisy you'll find everywhere you go), a measly three million of those marijuana revenues have gone to make great strides in solving the homeless problem.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »

Legalize it, don' criticisize it, mon.

We had this debate years ago on this forum and I was one of the few in favor off legalization. Attitudes have changed dramatically in a short time.

Actually, all drugs should be deciriminalized (yes, even heroin). Decirminalization means not a crime to use or possess (although you may still be subject to civil fines), but still a crime to produce distribute. Funds that used to be spent on incarceration are spent on rehabilitation instead.  It's the Portugese model, and it's been a success by all acounts.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 05:46:24 PM »

Recreational marijuana is legal in Massachusetts, but you can't smoke it in public.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 06:59:54 PM »

Recreational marijuana is legal in Massachusetts, but you can't smoke it in public.

Serious question here: I hard about a state that """legalized""" (yes triple quotes for that one)  recreational marijuana in low amounts, -BUT! - it was still illegal to grow,  buy,  sell or trade for it.  Soooo,  you could technically possess and use a little pot for rec use IF you could materialize it out of thin air.

Is Massachusetts like that? I'm asking.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 07:11:19 PM »

Serious question here: I hard about a state that """legalized""" (yes triple quotes for that one)  recreational marijuana in low amounts, -BUT! - it was still illegal to grow,  buy,  sell or trade for it.  Soooo,  you could technically possess and use a little pot for rec use IF you could materialize it out of thin air.

No. Massachusetts will have licensed stores where you can buy it. Technically, that was supposed to start on July 1, but Massachusetts drags its feet on everything, so there have been delays in the first store actually opening. I think the licenses are "out there," but the people who are opening the stores need to wait for some red tape to get cleared. Legalization was voted in on the same ballot as the Trump vs. Clinton election, with a July 1, 2018 launch date.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »

Aaaaand . . . here it is:

https://boston.curbed.com/2018/6/29/17514824/marijuana-massachusetts-what-to-know

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2018, 07:30:56 PM »

Aaaaand . . . here it is:

https://boston.curbed.com/2018/6/29/17514824/marijuana-massachusetts-what-to-know

Oh,  this was years and years ago so not a modern case.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2018, 12:02:38 AM »

You can grow it here, and even sell it- as long as your liscened. And you can smoke it. Just don't be found without a card. Even then, you might got only a fine.
But Michigan used to f**k you over if you got busted with weed not too long ago.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2018, 09:06:15 PM »

i agree with rev, all drugs should be decriminalized. smoking pot has helped so many people i know, so have edibles for those with lung issues. my husband has high blood pressure, and both of his doctors recommended that he go back to smoking pot, since he also has issues with anxiety.
   since he started smoking again, about 2 years ago, his BP meds have been cut in half, his pacemaker readings are normal since he isn't on the edge of a panic attack when he hooks up to the machine at home, and he doesn't get the superhigh respiration and pulse readings at the doc's office that he used to( he suffers from white coat syndrome)  if he smokes a small amount before his appointment. his docs are very pleased about that.
   neither of us are heavy smokers when it comes to pot, but in my case it helps me with vertigo problems and arthritis problems too. and it has helped 3 of my close friends to slow down the progress of glaucoma and macular degeneration.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2018, 09:35:35 PM »

I take a bottle of nitros every where I go. I also take 5 different heart and blood medicines.
Since I got my SSI, I been smoking more pot. I go through a $20 bag in about a week...it depends.
I can walk to town without taking a nitro lately. It used to be I had to take 1 on the way there, and 1 on the way back. Now I can walk there and back without it. And town ain't that far. you can walk from one end of Lawton to the other in about 10 minutes.
The American Indians knew it was good medicine.

(Plus it mellows me out and I don't drink as much.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:38:16 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 09:41:56 PM »

that's good progress, ronny, even faster than for curtis!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »

that's good progress, ronny, even faster than for curtis!

I don't think it has anything to do with that. I don't have a Pacemaker.
I reckon I may someday soon. Whaddaya gonna do, right? I hope your hubby keeps getting better! I know how it is, man. Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »

Medicinal marijuana?  Absolutely, 100%.  It works better than most alternatives and has less side effects.
Recreational marijuana?  I've slowly come around on this.  I don't use the stuff (nor do I drink alcohol, for that matter) and really have no intention of trying it if it does become legal, but I think it would probably help empty out our overcrowded prisons, provide the government a new source of tax revenue, and increase sales at convenience stores and other purveyors of late-night snacks nationwide.

Indy for President!  Cheers

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 12:26:12 AM »

Medicinal marijuana?  Absolutely, 100%.  It works better than most alternatives and has less side effects.
Recreational marijuana?  I've slowly come around on this.  I don't use the stuff (nor do I drink alcohol, for that matter) and really have no intention of trying it if it does become legal, but I think it would probably help empty out our overcrowded prisons, provide the government a new source of tax revenue, and increase sales at convenience stores and other purveyors of late-night snacks nationwide.

You'd probably be better off with me as president.

I'm not for legalizing all drugs, as is I can't ever see myself being ok with legalizing crystal meth no matter how moch I love walter white as a new american hero. I know too much about the origin of crystal meth to consider legalizing it.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 12:33:02 AM »

You'd probably be better off with me as president.

I'm not for legalizing all drugs, as is I can't ever see myself being ok with legalizing crystal meth no matter how moch I love walter white as a new american hero. I know too much about the origin of crystal meth to consider legalizing it.

Nah. No offence- but your even too apes**t for me.   Drink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Marijuana? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.