Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:20:13 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The END of CIVILITY ? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The END of CIVILITY ?  (Read 6349 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: July 26, 2018, 10:12:51 PM »

I had a discussion with a friend today and we agreed that in current culture, CIVILITY suffers. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 10:20:11 PM »

agreed...........
I've been getting a lot more use out of this than I thought I would;
“How absurd,” said the gnat to the gnu,
“To spell your queer name as you do!”
“For the matter of that,”
Said the gnu to the gnat,
“That’s just as I feel about you.” - Oliver Herford

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:26:11 PM »

I generally try to be civil in my discourse.  I also dearly love debate and discussion of history, politics, and current events.
Too many people, the minute you disagree with them, immediately resort to personal insults.
That makes it hard to maintain civil discourse.

The thing is, as a traditional Republican who despises all things Trump, I tend to catch it from both directions!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 10:56:54 PM »

I generally try to be civil in my discourse.  I also dearly love debate and discussion of history, politics, and current events.
Too many people, the minute you disagree with them, immediately resort to personal insults.

The thing is, as a traditional Republican who despises all things Trump, I tend to catch it from both directions!
I realize this, my friend, but I, for one, admire you.   Thumbup

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 11:03:10 PM »

You won't get no argument from me.
Our goverment right now is filled with cheats, liars, rich a***oles who want to get richer, and a President who has payed women to shut up because he f**ks around on his wife.
I never liked Howard Stern.
I never read garbage like the NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

If I'm at the store, or bank, or wherever, I always say, "Yes, Ma'am"  or "No Ma'am" to a lady.
(not to my mother of my children- who want's drug money- I just laff and say- "are you crazy?"- I broke up with her over 20 years ago-Thank you Satan!)
I always open the door for a lady. Even with cars.
I take my hat off in a diner or theater.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:56:45 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 11:05:46 PM »

I always open a door for a lady.
I take my hat off in a diner or theater.
You da man.  Thumbup

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 11:07:39 PM »

I realize this, my friend, but I, for one, admire you.   Thumbup

Indy- your between a rock and a hard place. I admire you very much.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 12:10:47 AM »

Thanks to you both!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 01:30:33 AM »

I never put my feet on the table.

I believe in complete mogonomy when it comes to relationships. I NEVER cheated on Tara Sue, Tiana, or even Gail or Kerrie.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:40:05 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 01:46:57 AM »

I watch TV for movies- not to tell me who to vote for President. I have a brain.I This is not a game show.
We have a Jersey Shore President. It makes me sick that so many people are brainwashed by this moron who is our President- because they watch too much TV. Sometimes the masses are morons.
This is not coming from an elitest.. This is coming from someone who lives in a tiny town in Michigan.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:52:48 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 04:29:13 AM »

I think a clue things killed civility.

One was the internet.  The ability to throw shxt at people in perfect safety just brought out the total @$$hole in a lot of people.  The hate and gleeful abuse on the net was bound to percolate into the rest of society.

Two was the American right and it'''s fanatical hatred of Bill Clinton,  starting with the endless spew of pure hate that poured out of the ambulatory cesspool known as rush Limbaugh. That subhuman troll made a career out of pure hate,  abuse,  lies,  invective,  ad infinitum,  ad nauseum.  The toxins spread thru the American right and created new tumors like alex Jones,  Mikey savage,  Sean hannity,  etc. 

After decades of eger escalating abuse from the right the left in the us now sick of it and spitting it back at the right.  Thus died discussion,  discourse,  reason and civilty.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 04:40:20 AM »

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 07:45:20 AM »

I am fortunate enough to be the son of a two fisted feminist and a former juvenile delinquent who later joined the army (which set him right): they raised an abandoned and abused child and set him right too.

Dad later became a cop: I don't think he ever saw the irony in the fact that a former criminal became a cop.  TeddyR

They taught me manners and taught me to be honest, forthright and giving, also raising me to accept people for who they are which is why I am neither a racist nor a homophobe.

I have my issues but my parents raised me right and introduced me to cinema too.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates.
Everything changes yet every thing remains the same.  Wink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 09:27:36 AM »

I think a clue things killed civility.

One was the internet.  The ability to throw shxt at people in perfect safety just brought out the total @$$hole in a lot of people.  The hate and gleeful abuse on the net was bound to percolate into the rest of society.

Two was the American right and it'''s fanatical hatred of Bill Clinton,  starting with the endless spew of pure hate that poured out of the ambulatory cesspool known as rush Limbaugh. That subhuman troll made a career out of pure hate,  abuse,  lies,  invective,  ad infinitum,  ad nauseum.  The toxins spread thru the American right and created new tumors like alex Jones,  Mikey savage,  Sean hannity,  etc. 

After decades of eger escalating abuse from the right the left in the us now sick of it and spitting it back at the right.  Thus died discussion,  discourse,  reason and civilty.

Partisan feuds are as old as America, even older - going back to Cato and Caesar.  If you think that one side is to blame for all the rancor in America today, you have a very selective and partisan memory.  It spans both sides of the spectrum from the middle to the fringe; it's just the internet has turned both fringes mainstream.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The END of CIVILITY ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.