Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:16:49 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN!  (Read 3454 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: August 02, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »

I just wrote 'THE END' at the conclusion of my sixth novel, THE EMPEROR AND THE APOSTLE.
This one took me over a year and a half to finish, but I sure do like the end result!   TeddyR TeddyR Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pacman000
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:19:01 PM »

Congratulations!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:54:17 PM »

Tell us what you can about this story.  Congratulations! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 07:30:07 PM »

This is the third volume of my "Rome" trilogy that began with THE REDEMPTION OF PONTIUS PILATE and continued in THEOPHILUS.
It begins in 79 AD, with the death of the Emperor Vespasian.  It follows the lives of Vespasian's sons and successors, Titus and Domitian, along with the latter years of the Apostle John. 
Domitian was a cruel and warped ruler, deeply paranoid, who despised and persecuted the Christian movement.
He decided to make a public spectacle of executing the last living disciple of Jesus . . . but, well, it backfired on him.
Closely based on actual history, both that of Rome and that of the early church, I think this is a book that believers and non-believers can enjoy.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 08:08:48 PM »

Congrats Indy!  Cheers

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 08:47:32 PM »

I find the stories of any of the apostles interesting; yet, John is the one who fascinates me. 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »

I find the stories of any of the apostles interesting; yet, John is the one who fascinates me. 

Me, too.  Lots of interesting extrabiblical stories about him, from the second and third centuries.
Some of them may reflect actual events, since he lived into the reign of the Emperor Trajan (98-117 AD).

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 09:31:18 PM »

Me, too.  Lots of interesting extrabiblical stories about him, from the second and third centuries.
Some of them may reflect actual events, since he lived into the reign of the Emperor Trajan (98-117 AD).
Indeed, JOHN is the apostle who lived a long life, yes?  Were all the others martyred? 
Do you believe JOHN wrote the gospel, epistles, and Revelation? 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 10:20:36 PM »

According to several very early sources, John lived into the reign of Trajan (98-117 AD).
That would have put him at nearly 100 when he died.
Yes, I believe that John the Apostle wrote all five books attributed to him in the NT.
There simply isn't any real evidence of another person named John whose works would have been considered as authoritative.
The Gospel of John is my favorite book in the whole Bible.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 10:25:27 AM »

According to several very early sources, John lived into the reign of Trajan (98-117 AD).
Yes, I believe that John the Apostle wrote all five books attributed to him in the NT.
There simply isn't any real evidence of another person named John whose works would have been considered as authoritative.
We concur. 

You didn't answer me... Were all the others martyred?

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 01:59:05 PM »

Cheers

6 seems to be a nice, round number for a boxed set . . . just sayin' . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 04:04:11 PM »

We concur. 

To the best of our knowledge, although some of those traditions are late and impossible to verify.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 04:07:48 PM »

We concur. 
To the best of our knowledge, although some of those traditions are late and impossible to verify.
Actually, my friend, I know there are many opinions about the stories of the Apostles, but I was interested in YOUR opinion because I'm sure you've done a lot of research. 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 04:48:06 PM »

Well, of the ones whose fates are attestified early on - Peter and Paul were martyred in Rome in Nero's time - that was chronicled by multiple early sources.
James, John's brother, was killed by order of Herod Antipas - that's in the Book of Acts.
Josephus says that James the brother of Jesus was put to death in Jerusalem shortly before the rebellion broke out in 68 AD.
As for the others - every tradition we have says that all but John were martyred, so I am reasonably sure that was the case.
As to the whens and hows, traditions do vary.  Several sources say that Thomas tried to take the Gospel to India and was killed there.
The others met their fates in various corners of the Roman Empire, but I imagine, given the widespread persecution under Nero and all the upheavals that followed after, not to mention the great Jewish revolt, that all of but John had perished by around 70 AD.

One interesting tradition preserved by Tertullian (165 - 155 AD) says that Domitian, in trying to wipe out Christianity, located several surviving nephews or great-nephews of Jesus and had them brought to Rome.  He found them to be simple peasants and released them as unworthy of his attention.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 09:11:38 PM »

Thread title:  OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN

You played with my heart, got lost in the game?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.