Main Menu

Things I don't know sh!t about.

Started by RCMerchant, August 05, 2018, 06:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Celebrity culture. I have never liked it and I used to make a point of disdaining celebrities by pretending I didn't know who they were, then one day I realized I didn't need to pretend anymore, I genuinely did not know who most of these people I'd see on the covers of magazines and on TV were anymore, and it was great.

The NFL. I used to be friends with a guy who briefly got me into college-level football, but even that has faded and I barely know anything about the pros in the NFL, like who is who and which teams are good and how many points a home run gets.

All you can eat buffets. I guess it's not that I know nothing about them I just don't understand their appeal at all. You put a lot of low-quality food together and by its proximity to other low-quality food it gains in appeal? Why is that?

Time off. I have worked non-stop since I was a teenager and vacations are foreign to me. I can't imagine just stopping life and going away and doing nothing. I have four jobs, three of them for money, soon to add another one that pays a token amount, and it just seems like being busy is how life is supposed to go. Even on our honeymoon I had to handle work matters part of the day, which was even more difficult since we had a toddler along. Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo.

Social media. Not against it, not saying it's bad or anything, I just don't know much about it. In the late '90s I had a blog for a second. In the mid 00s I briefly had a MySpace account but I never used it much and one day it was like everyone went to Facebook and I didn't bother to follow.

Brevity. Not acquainted with it.

In short, I don't know s**t about being a normal person.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Trevor

Quote from: ER on August 06, 2018, 09:00:20 AM
Time off.

I take leave once a year - due to the nature of my work - and stay home: i can't really afford to go anywhere, which is why, when I go on outreach, I take some me time and see new places.

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on August 06, 2018, 09:00:20 AM

The NFL. I used to be friends with a guy who briefly got me into college-level football, but even that has faded and I barely know anything about the pros in the NFL, like who is who and which teams are good and how many points a home run gets.

I don't know s**t about sports.
I followed boxing in the 70's and 80's, it once you had to pay for it, no. After Mike Tyson, I was done.
Other sports- I know NOTHING about.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Chainsawmidget

QuoteSocial media. Not against it, not saying it's bad or anything,
I'll say it. 

AoTFan

RCMerchant

Quote from: Chainsaw midget on August 06, 2018, 01:06:41 PM
QuoteSocial media. Not against it, not saying it's bad or anything,
I'll say it. 

Your on social media right now.  :wink:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Svengoolie 3

Stupidity.  I just can't grasp how stupid so many people are.  I see things people claim and believe and I just think ''No,  they can't be that stupid! ''
The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.

RCMerchant

Quote from: Svengoolie 3 on August 06, 2018, 09:29:05 PM
Stupidity.  I just can't grasp how stupid so many people are.  I see things people claim and believe and I just think ''No,  they can't be that stupid! ''

Calling somebody "stupid" achieves nothing. No one will see your point of view if your clenching your fist.
I have a problem with that myself. I really am trying to change. Just fighting forever gets nowhere.
( Of course this is coming from the guy who always says " People are Stupid."-so yeah.  :question:)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Allhallowsday

Stupidity.  I just can't grasp how stupid so many people are.  I see things people claim and believe and I just think ''No,  they can't be that stupid! ''
How can a smart person not grasp stupidity?  Imagine this: every stupid person thinks they're smart. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

RCMerchant

Quote from: Allhallowsday on August 06, 2018, 10:05:26 PM
How can a smart person not grasp stupidity?  Imagine this: every stupid person thinks they're smart. 

So all smart people are stupid or are all stupid people smart?  :drink:
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

RCMerchant

In fact, the older I get, the stupider I am.
I know how to do things that are no longer relevant.
I can fix cars they no longer make. I can work on radios that no one uses. :bluesad:

On the bright side-I can make a turkey dinner that will make you glad to be alive!  :thumbup:
I'm a great cook!
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Trevor

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 06, 2018, 08:15:39 PM
Your on social media right now.  :wink:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  :wink:

Seriously, this is the only social media site that I go on: I have family here and no-one judges me here. I like it and always have.

316zombie

personal fashion sense. i can make anyone on this earth look good, but not myself. thankfully i have people in my life who can make me look like whatever i need to look like at the time, then i just " put on the persona" to match.