Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:18:10 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the Death Penalty « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: the Death Penalty  (Read 5691 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: August 08, 2018, 08:55:02 PM »

Personally- I'm for it.
I was reading Dark Alex's post about a guy who tortured and killed a baby.
They let him out!
The should have killed that mad dog the day after his conviction.

I don't give a f**k about how insane you are or if you had a rotton childhood.
Ya wanna kill people? Then be ready to die yourself.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:25:04 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 09:34:26 PM »

It's a case by case scenario. The one you mentioned should have been killed, however there have been mistakes in the past where the law has accidentally killed an innocent man wrongfully convicted. My stance? I'm for it, if only it'll get me out of jury duty.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:41:24 PM »

In one of those Scandinavian countries where the kookoo killed all of these young people at an island camp... I think lives still with an absurd prison sentence.  I block this sh!t out.  But, kill all these people with a gun admit it and NOT get hanged?   Thumbdown  Bullsh!t.  Hang the fncker.  I'm for it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 10:02:04 PM »

I support the death penalty, however, I also believe that the accused should be given every opportunity to prove his innocence, and access to all the necessary technology, DNA tests, whatever.   Sometimes there are mitigating circumstances - an abused woman finally turns on her tormentor; a beaten child grabs their abuser's gun, or something like that.

But for those who simply take human life out of sheer cruelty, or callous indifference . . . they forfeit their right to breathe IMO.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »

Sometimes there are mitigating circumstances - an abused woman finally turns on her tormentor; a beaten child grabs their abuser's gun, or something like that.

That ain't murder- that's self defense.

And folks like that don't usually end up om Death Row.

Do I feel sorry for Aileen Wurnous because of her rotton life?
Yes I do. Like her, I'm poor white trash from Michigan hillbilly country too. I know how hard it is.
Do I think she needed to die?
Yes I do.

If I ever go nuts and kill people for stupid reasons- I would hope you shot me like a rabid dog.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:27:30 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:23:40 PM »

Yes,m.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 10:50:25 PM »

My brother in law, Leroy, shot a guy in the back.With the mother of my kids. And it was her idea to kill him. While he guy was drunk. In the back.
I ain't talked to LeRoy since. f**k him. He's in prison.
He f**ked my kids heads up. They loved Uncle Leroy.
I think they should killed LeRoy.
Steve was a drunk, but he wasn't a bad guy- just an old drunk. My ex-first wife's boyfreind.
They killed him (Gail and LeRoy) because they had robbed him while he was in jail for some dumb drunk s**t.  They stole a karoke machine and some other dumb bulls**t while he was in for 30 days. They wanted to store it in my shed!  Hellno!
He was gonna have them busted.
I just got done picking my kids up from her apartment before the murder happened. The State cops came to my house first looking for him. He DID come to my house after the murder. I told him to get the f**k out and run like hell. He did-about 20 miles into Bangor-then he went to a phone booth and gave himself up. In the meantime- the cops DID come to my house- had a f**king squad of State boys wake up my kids- surround my house with guns- and lay me down at gunpoint and scream at me "Where's Leroy?!?!" I told them the truth-  I dunno! He was here-I told him to get the f**k out!
Cops left.
Think I'm bulls**tting you?

https://www.heraldpalladium.com/localnews/wons-convicted-of-murder/article_a21f3b0f-d2eb-51b0-b782-3ac1b300a7db.html
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:08:01 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 11:22:45 PM »

I'm sorry if I went all crazy, but Leroy just sent me a letter and a photo- he looks like a skeleton. He want's me to write him. I think I should.
And tell him to go f**k himself. I grew up just as poor in the same place as him. I don't rob and kill people.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:18:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 12:56:02 AM »

Dam. I had to post the real story of that murder. They never called me to court. LeRoy took the rap for his sister. It was planned. I knew it afterwords.
 Because LeRoy told me. Like 10 minutes after he killed him. When he ran into my house right after he dumped the gun. But they never called me to court. Because Leroy took the fall and pled guilty.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 06:05:18 AM »

I'm in favor of the death penalty. And they need to get rid of all the bulls**t delays. It's common to see people on death row for 12, 15, 18 years or more as their appeals go through the legal system. I think everyone should have a right to appeal, but the process needs to happen faster. Maybe 5 years and that's it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:41:39 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 06:37:52 AM »

In one of those Scandinavian countries where the kookoo killed all of these young people at an island camp... I think lives still with an absurd prison sentence.  I block this sh!t out.  But, kill all these people with a gun admit it and NOT get hanged?   Thumbdown  Bullsh!t.  Hang the fncker.  I'm for it.  

OK technically he got a 21 year sentence which is the longest sentence anyone in that country can get for any crime.  Yes,  truth.

But!

That country allows a review at the end if a sentence that can determine if the doer is a danger to society and keep him incarcerated past his sentence. This guy will die in prison,  bet on it.  

BTW,  he considered liberalism and feminism to be attacks on European culture and the white race,  and bragged about killing the next generation of liberal leaders.  While  in prison he converted to Nazism.

For this who don't know who you speak of...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

He's got a cell like a high cost college dorm room,  a video game console,  menus,  a computer sans net access,  Jesus,  people in America get sent to hell for minor offences and this guy is living like a sultan in comparison....

Back OT,  I oppose the death penalty in America.  Our court system is just to on corrupt and incompetent to be given that power.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 06:44:18 AM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 10:21:16 AM »

In one of those Scandinavian countries where the kookoo killed all of these young people at an island camp... I think lives still with an absurd prison sentence.  I block this sh!t out.  But, kill all these people with a gun admit it and NOT get hanged?   Thumbdown  Bullsh!t.  Hang the fncker.  I'm for it.  
OK technically he got a 21 year sentence which is the longest sentence anyone in that country can get for any crime.  Yes,  truth.
Yes, it's ridiculous.   

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 11:03:30 AM »

I would like the death penalty for crimes certain crimes, however no matter how strict the burden of evidence there is always going to be the occasional miscarriage of justice. The question then for me is what is an acceptable error rate? How many innocent people can die per 100 guilty ones?

Some folks just plain need killing, but imagine yourself wrongly accused and facing the death penalty.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »

I would like the death penalty for crimes certain crimes, however no matter how strict the burden of evidence there is always going to be the occasional miscarriage of justice. The question then for me is what is an acceptable error rate? How many innocent people can die per 100 guilty ones?

Some folks just plain need killing, but imagine yourself wrongly accused and facing the death penalty.

In any system- someone is gonna get f**ked.
It's impossible to stop.
It's never gonna be strawberries and cream.  Bluesad
On the other hand- how many people get away with murder just because they had a high-priced lawyer?
 (O.J. anyone?)
I reckon you take the good with the bad on anyside of the aisle.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:34:50 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 02:12:26 PM »

Yes, it's ridiculous.    

Well,  Americans can't talk about other countries prison sentences.  A 15 year old black kid in Al uh bam uh,  naturally,  was just sentenced to 65 years in prison after a white cop shot some one he was with.  The cop was acquitted, the kid was convicted of first degree murder and a slew of other charges and given back to back sentences.  Total 65 years.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lakeith-smith-adonte-washington-sentence-murder_us_5ac8df6de4b09d0a11943ba4
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:24:51 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the Death Penalty « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.