Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:58:14 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the Death Penalty « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: the Death Penalty  (Read 5495 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 02:31:41 PM »

In one of those Scandinavian countries where the kookoo killed all of these young people at an island camp... I think lives still with an absurd prison sentence.  I block this sh!t out.  But, kill all these people with a gun admit it and NOT get hanged?   Thumbdown  Bullsh!t.  Hang the fncker.  I'm for it.  
OK technically he got a 21 year sentence which is the longest sentence anyone in that country can get for any crime.  Yes,  truth.
Yes, it's ridiculous.    

Well,  Americans can't talk about other countries prison sentences.  A 15 year old black kid in Al uh bam uh,  naturally,  was just sentenced to 65 years in prison after a white cop shot some one he was with.  The cop was acquitted, the kid was convicted of first degree murder and a slew of other charges and given back to back sentences.  Total 65 years.

I don't know the partitulars of that case, so I can's really comment on it. But I will anyway.
Do I think a 15 year old kid should get 65 years? Of course I don't. Will he do 65 years? No. If he's good in prison. Will prison make him a better person? NO.
I don't think a 15 year old kid should go to prison for the rest of his life, unless he tortured somebody and drank they're blood.
Like that kid in Canada.
This kid was 14- he killed a 7 year old. and ate him

Classification: Homicide
Characteristics: Juvenile (14) - Cut and cooked strips of flesh and fat from the boy's body in a ritual he said was inspired by the horror movie Warlock
Number of victims: 1
Date of murder: July 8, 1995
Date of birth: 1980
Victim profile: Johnathan George Thimpsen, 7
Method of murder: Stabbing with knife - Beating with a beer bottle and a rock
Status: Found not guilty by reason of insanity on August 2, 1996. Transferred to psychiatric hospital
"After watching the movie Warlock 10 times, 14-year-old Sandy Charles of Saskatchewan killed an eight-year-old boy by stabbing him with a knife and then beating him with a beer bottle and a rock. After killing the boy, Charles cut strips of skin from his victim and boiled them down. Warlock claimed that if you drank boiled-down fat from a virgin, it would give you the power to fly. Charles wanted to fly."

Yup. Welcome to the real world. People are gonna get fvcked.
My point is... I don't know the answer. I just don't fvcking know.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:07:52 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 05:25:18 PM »

In one of those Scandinavian countries where the kookoo killed all of these young people at an island camp... I think lives still with an absurd prison sentence.  I block this sh!t out.  But, kill all these people with a gun admit it and NOT get hanged?   Thumbdown  Bullsh!t.  Hang the fncker.  I'm for it.  
OK technically he got a 21 year sentence which is the longest sentence anyone in that country can get for any crime.  Yes,  truth.
Yes, it's ridiculous.    

Well,  Americans can't talk about other countries prison sentences.  A 15 year old black kid in Al uh bam uh,  naturally,  was just sentenced to 65 years in prison after a white cop shot some one he was with.  The cop was acquitted, the kid was convicted of first degree murder and a slew of other charges and given back to back sentences.  Total 65 years.

I don't know the partitulars of that case, so I can's really comment on it. But I will anyway.
Do I think a 15 year old kid should get 65 years? Of course I don't. Will he do 65 years? No. If he's good in prison. Will prison make him a better person? NO.

Dis you read the article?  The DA bragged how happy he was with the sentence and that this kid wouldn't even become eligible for parole for at least 25 years.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Pacman000
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/05/teen-accomplice-sentenced-65-years/492001002/

You forgot to link to the article, Sven.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 06:44:57 PM »

There's a huge problem with the Justice System, and in particular prisons. Prisons where I live (and I'm guessing the same thing in the Alabama case, correct me if I'm wrong) are privatized jails that only cares about making money, instead of getting the extremely violent criminals off of the streets. There was a case here where someone with a bag of weed was going to get life in prison, at least from the DA. Yes, the DA wanted to give a guy life just for having a bag of weed on him. You can see why I want to burn down everything and start rebuilding. We do it where we make a person, say the DA I mentioned, watch  clips of himself saying the things over and over, and ask him if he's really going to be that guy to throw another person's life away because of weed.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 09:14:23 PM »

About 40 years ago TIME magazine published a letter I wrote to the editor; it was in response to a story about the prison sentencing of DAN WHITE which happened the same week as the execution of JOHN SPENKELINK in Florida.  In both cases, and though I was very young, it seemed apparent to me that these were a polarized miscarriage of justice.  

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:28:14 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 09:39:44 PM »

Our prison system is biased for sure.
If you got money-your out.
If they just plain don't like the way you look-then your f**ked.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 09:42:03 PM »

About 40 years ago TIME magazine published a letter I wrote to the editor; it was in response to a story about the prison sentencing of DAN WHITE which happened the same week as the execution of JOHN SPENKELINK in Florida.  In both cases, and though I was very young, it seemed apparent to me that these were a polarized miscarriage of justice.  

I looked that up.
That's f**ked up.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 09:44:04 PM »

DAN WHITE was the one who shot and murdered the mayor of San Francisco GEORGE MOSCONE and city councilman HARVEY MILK.  He served a brief sentence for two murders, on the strength of the "twinkie defense". 

JOHN SPENKELINK was the second person executed in the U.S. after GARY GILMORE and restoration of the Death Penalty. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2018, 09:47:59 PM »

DAN WHITE was the one who shot and murdered the mayor of San Francisco GEORGE MOSCONE and city councilman HARVEY MILK.  He served a brief sentence for two murders, on the strength of the "twinkie defense". 

JOHN SPENKELINK was the second person executed in the U.S. after GARY GILMORE and restoration of the Death Penalty. 

I knew who Dan White was. The Dead Kennedys got a song about him..
I didn't know about the other guy, though.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2018, 10:27:01 PM »

The hell I did!  This board might have. Lost it but in looked it up and posted it. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lakeith-smith-adonte-washington-sentence-murder_us_5ac8df6de4b09d0a11943ba4

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 11:36:52 PM »

Naw-you didn't post it.
You been smokin'?  Question

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »

No I remembered searching for a link to a non right wing media source.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2018, 01:23:57 PM »

Against. Because it's irreversible. Innocent people have been put to death, and it's not worth it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the Death Penalty « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.