Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:00:38 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How things have changed... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How things have changed...  (Read 1752 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 18, 2018, 07:57:45 PM »

How things  have changed!  I was watching a little of ''house of Frankenstein'' on svengoolie and the promos bragged 5 monsters,  the last two were the mad scientist and his aid,  THE HUNCHBACK!

Today people b-tch about ''political correctness' but honestly,  calling a. Person surrfering a birth defect deformity a monster is pretty shi--y when you think about it.  It's just another case of watching an old movie and being given a stark. Example of how society has changed over a lifetime in America.

BTW,  HoF had Lon Chaney Jr.  in it,  and he starred in a little movie in the 50's called. 'Big house U. S. A. ' in which he was billed as '' THE WETBACK SMUGGLER! '' Yes,  he was.   http://filmnoirboard.blogspot.com/2015/11/big-house-usa-1955.html

It's really interesting to see how much our world has evolved by looking at what was once acceptable in movies...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »

It wasn't that long ago when everybody smoked in movies. 

Now it's only reserved for the gritty self destructive types. 
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 08:49:11 PM »

In many ways people were freer to be expressive in the past. We can cuss and talk about sex til we're blue in the face and we think that makes us liberated when we've given up a lot else in exchange.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 07:20:48 AM »

Today people b-tch about ''political correctness' but honestly,  calling a. Person surrfering a birth defect deformity a monster is pretty shi--y when you think about it.

Maybe the next version of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" will be called, "The Person Living in Notre Dame Who is a Survivor of Kyphosis." It isn't as catchy as the original title, but . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »

On another note, hollywood used to decry the persecution of career destruction of people based on allegations of "communism" decades ago.

Now hollywood rejoices in the persecution and destruction of people based on allegations of "sexual misconduct"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/kevin-spaceys-new-movie-billionaire-boys-club-made-only-dollar126-on-opening-day/ar-BBM66jz?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=ansmsnnews11

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 12:48:47 PM »

When I was still working a couple years ago, we would sit in the break room and drink coffee and laff and smoke.Just before I left, we had to go out to the smoking area near the parking lot and everyone was staring at they're phones.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How things have changed... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.