Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:36:27 PM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  August « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: August  (Read 2251 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: August 25, 2018, 03:04:38 AM »

Not only was I born this month-which is the best thing that ever happened to me-theses things also happened!

H.P. Lovecraft was born the same day as me! Aug.20th! Except I wasn't born in 1890.
The Manson family killed Sharon Tate and alot of other people on August 9th and 10th in 1969.
The atom bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on the 6th and the Nagasaki bomb on the the the 9th in 1945.
Elvis died on Aug.16th, 1977.
Groucho Marx died on Aug.19,1977
Bela Lugosi died on Aug.16th,1956
Karl and Roberta Noble- the parents of my first girl friend,were murdered on Aug.28., 2002.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:13:16 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »

Wonder if Groucho just didn't want to live in a world without Elvis?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »

Princess Diana died on 31 August 1997  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 10:45:35 PM »

Today's Birthday:  Melissa McCarthy  TeddyR
Died on this day: Tex Avery (1980) Tobe Hooper (2017)

August 26: Go Topless Day (variously known as National Go Topless Day, International Go Topless Day) is an annual event held to support the right of women to go topless in public on gender-equality grounds. Topless freedom laws are celebrated and protests are held in states where topless women are prohibited.

Women's Equality Day is celebrated in the United States on August 26 to commemorate the 1920 adoption of the Nineteenth Amendment (Amendment XIX) to the United States Constitution, which prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of sex. It was first celebrated in 1973 and is proclaimed each year by the United States President.
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »

August 4, 1892: The date the infamous ax murders of Andrew and Abby Borden took place in Fall River, Massachusetts. Daughter Lizzie was charged but found not guilty, however, still remains the prime suspect to this day.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 11:04:27 AM »

August 9 is National Women's Day in South Africa.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »

Some years ago I invented an annual August event called Dog Days' Night when I'd invite people over to sit up and watch the Perseids, swim all night if they wanted to look for shooting stars from the pool, stay up and have the survivors breakfast at dawn, then crash. A few years we had big events with a lot of guests and saw scores of meteors but it's dwindled with children and etc and this yesr I stayed outside mostly alone.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pacman000
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »

This month was added to the calendar to please Cesar Augustus; July was added to please Cesar Julius.

That's why we have a 12 month calendar instead of a 10 month one.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 06:09:23 PM »

This month was added to the calendar to please Cesar Augustus; July was added to please Cesar Julius.

That's why we have a 12 month calendar instead of a 10 month one.

Technically, the months were named for those two leaders, but they were actually added to bring Rome's chaotic ten month calendar permanently in line with the seasons.  Supposedly, the Pontifex Maximus was to add months whenever the calendar got too far out of whack, but that was rarely done, so putting the extra months in fixed that problem.  Julius Caesar did it, hence the "Julian Calendar."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 09:54:39 PM »

Today's Birthday:  Melissa McCarthy  TeddyR
Died on this day: Tex Avery (1980) Tobe Hooper (2017)

August 26: Go Topless Day (variously known as National Go Topless Day, International Go Topless Day) is an annual event held to support the right of women to go topless in public on gender-equality grounds. Topless freedom laws are celebrated and protests are held in states where topless women are prohibited.

Women's Equality Day is celebrated in the United States on August 26 to commemorate the 1920 adoption of the Nineteenth Amendment (Amendment XIX) to the United States Constitution, which prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of sex. It was first celebrated in 1973 and is proclaimed each year by the United States President.

Tobe Hooper died?  Damn,  I liked lifeforce...

My mother's birthday is August. 26.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 01:44:01 AM »

Jack Kirby was born on August 28th, 1917. A great influence on my own art.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  August « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.