Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:55:24 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  RIP John McCain. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RIP John McCain.  (Read 11705 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 25, 2018, 08:31:03 PM »

John McCain bad died of brain cancer at 81.

I do mourn his passing. He was one of the very last members of his party to show a single shred of human decency.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 11:07:27 PM »

I think that despite my disagreements with him he may have redeemed himself with one of his final major acts.  https://www.businessinsider.com/senate-health-care-bill-vote-mccain-2017-8

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 12:18:23 AM »

Out of the whole crew, JOHN McCAIN was the only one I liked. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 02:38:56 AM »

he was a very brave an honorable man, politics be damned. rest well, sir. i salute you.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 06:24:09 AM »

From what I know of him he seemed to be good human being, decent and honourable. He served his country well in war and peace. Rest well sir.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 07:20:55 AM »

I knew he wasn't going to win in 08 - but I voted for him anyway!  A decent and honorable man.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 05:43:27 PM »

I totally disagree. he supported every military intervention from Kosovo to Iraq and Libya and even had the temerity to hang out with jihadists in Syria. I guess others have a different definition of "decent" than I do. I don't think murder and death are very decent

also reagan hated him for running out on his first wife when she got in a car crash.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:15:07 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 09:00:07 AM »

I might not have liked his politics (hell, I don't like most ANY politics), but he was a man of convictions and a war hero. We need more men like that in Washington.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 09:10:53 AM »

he was a man of convictions

actually he was never convicted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 10:05:19 AM »

A clip they keep playing in the news to show how nice he was, was of the racist old hag telling him she doesn't trust Obama because "He's Arab", and McCain telling the Krusty K*nt that isn't true.
The really sad thing is THAT WAS MY HIGH SCHOOL! I'm not joking! McCain did a rally at Lakeville South High School and the next day in the news they're playing that clip. It was f**king embarrassing.

I still remember that day pretty well. We had to go through metal detectors to get into the building. I heard rumors of snipers on the roof but that was probably bulls**t. I remember on the bus ride home a friend of mine waved at one of those guys that wore a black suit and the dude flashed the "Peace sign".
Lakeville is kinda stereotyped as being a mega conservative town in Minnesota, which is a blue state. Sadly, I can't disagree. A lot of students were wannabe hillbillies. Allegedly, some students put a confederate flag on the flag pole and made a black girl have a panic attack.

Overall I didn't like McCain very much. Almost everything I can say about him is negative. But I kinda pine for the days when politicians acted like him. Most detractors of Obama today would have taken the "Arab" line and ran with it. He also had the courage to vote against Trump. People branded him a "Party traitor". f**k that. He used common sense and didn't capitulate to what everyone else says he should have done. I didn't like him, I never will, but man at least he didn't get into literal dick measuring contests.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 10:10:02 AM »

Also, a really weird thing to note, McCain's mother Roberta is still alive.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »

I might have not agreed with his policies, but he was one of a few GOP members to stand up against Trump, and he was for the country well being (sans bombing every country)

yeah no.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 11:37:37 AM »

Whatever we may think about him, and like many here, I did not always agree with him politically, but I liked him as a man. For we have here one of the most momentous passings of recent memory. Not only a passing of a patriot and a politician, but the passing of the old Republican Party as we knew it. What it will become under Trump, no one knows. R.I.P. John. You will be missed.
Pacman000
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 12:35:13 PM »

Also, a really weird thing to note, McCain's mother Roberta is still alive.
That's sad; it's always terrible to loose a child.  Bluesad
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 06:09:32 PM »

but the passing of the old Republican Party as we knew it

he wasn't part of the old republican party as we knew it. they all hated him. He was a "republican" the press adored because he really wasn't one

He replaced Barry goldwater as senator from Arizona. THAT was the republican party Taft, Goldwater, reagan, etc
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  RIP John McCain. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.